Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

"Honda Mentality "- Must Race!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-05, 04:45 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default "Honda Mentality "- Must Race!!

Some people dont really get the point of us babying a tuned car. I told some of my car enthusiast friends about me forking out 1000+ for coilovers than go with some deep-dish 19 inch Volks and they started to criticizing. They think that some of the stuff that I am planning to do are pointless unless I "race" or drift it. They started to bash on all these people tuning their nice cars and baby it.

Instead, they seriously suggested that I go go get some rims off eBay for 400 a set like what they are doing on their beat-up 240s and just get some cheap spring and shock combo. I tried to explain to them that Im going just cruise in my SC in style rather than do reckless things, jepoardizing myself, my car and other people. My days of doing canyon runs at 3am are over after getting 2 camera tickets and rolling my last car due to a blow out. My response was, "I dont give a $#!T any more. I just want a cool car to cruise it in. Im not gonna abuse my car like you guys like hitting a guard rail, knocking off my entire bumper, or break buncha stuff."

It just pisses me off that people think that if ur gonna build a cool car you must drift it or race it. I personally dont think I have to randomly race people or haul *** 80 mph off an offramp to prove to others. Do alotta you guys baby ur car even though its capable to accelerating and corner like crazy? Do you alot of you guys who baby it get alotta criticism??
Old 10-20-05, 04:52 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

i baby my cars, but sometimes it's so stressful....

then again i used to have this POS i took offroading and i never had so much fun in my life....

soooooooooo *shrug* sorry i can't give you a straight answer....
Old 10-20-05, 04:55 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there is absolutly nothing wrong with slamming your car so low on wheels so wide that you have to be carefull while driving... and do nothing in your car but cruise. At least not in my case
Old 10-20-05, 10:33 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

there are different kind of modding, mainly for performance or style.

i think to certain extend i am more for style than performance.

who cares about what other people think -- i don't mod my cars for them to see
Old 10-20-05, 10:43 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

I have no problem with driving the hell out of my BMW with the wheels tucked up in the wells, but until January when the ///M swap goes in I think I'll go to the DMV and get my custom tag as "low n slo"

Old 10-21-05, 02:45 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Why is this a Honda mentality? This kind of ignorent crap comes out the the mouthes of drivers of all types of cars. For me, I have no problem being all show and no go. At the end of the day I still have my license and no tickets and potentially can win a trophy at the next car show
Old 10-21-05, 08:17 AM
Leets
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Why is this a Honda mentality? This kind of ignorent crap comes out the the mouthes of drivers of all types of cars. For me, I have no problem being all show and no go. At the end of the day I still have my license and no tickets and potentially can win a trophy at the next car show
I've been down the path of the young and ignorant street racer... I learned from my mistakes, thank God, without having to spend time in jail or six feet under. Ignorance has nothing to do with the car that you drive... we all suffer from it in some form all throughout our lives. I say... it's your car. Do what you want with it. Spend money wherever you so desire.... just don't expect me to not call you a ricer.
Old 10-21-05, 02:04 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
who cares about what other people think
Exactly! Do what you feel like with you own ride and money. You should not let them bother you.
Old 10-21-05, 03:58 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
I have no problem with driving the hell out of my BMW with the wheels tucked up in the wells, but until January when the ///M swap goes in I think I'll go to the DMV and get my custom tag as "low n slo"

is that your's OLT or what you want it to look like when your done ? looks sweet
Old 10-21-05, 04:06 PM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LEXISM
is that your's OLT or what you want it to look like when your done ? looks sweet
that'd be his.
Old 10-21-05, 10:15 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Some people dont really get the point of us babying a tuned car. I told some of my car enthusiast friends about me forking out 1000+ for coilovers than go with some deep-dish 19 inch Volks and they started to criticizing. They think that some of the stuff that I am planning to do are pointless unless I "race" or drift it. They started to bash on all these people tuning their nice cars and baby it.

Instead, they seriously suggested that I go go get some rims off eBay for 400 a set like what they are doing on their beat-up 240s and just get some cheap spring and shock combo. I tried to explain to them that Im going just cruise in my SC in style rather than do reckless things, jepoardizing myself, my car and other people. My days of doing canyon runs at 3am are over after getting 2 camera tickets and rolling my last car due to a blow out. My response was, "I dont give a $#!T any more. I just want a cool car to cruise it in. Im not gonna abuse my car like you guys like hitting a guard rail, knocking off my entire bumper, or break buncha stuff."

It just pisses me off that people think that if ur gonna build a cool car you must drift it or race it. I personally dont think I have to randomly race people or haul *** 80 mph off an offramp to prove to others. Do alotta you guys baby ur car even though its capable to accelerating and corner like crazy? Do you alot of you guys who baby it get alotta criticism??
Just remind them that drifting is teh suxx0r and teh bandwag0n!!!!!111one!!!
Old 10-22-05, 06:53 AM
Koma

Relax you don't need to please anyone but yourself. Take pride and joy in your car.
Tell those guys it's not your style, if they don't understand than tell them to buy their own car to mess with.
I like a well rounded car. Performance and style.
If I had my way my car would have all the performance goodies and all the luxury goodies. Except backseats. They are annoying. That way if I had to show some idiot up I could but I could still impress my friends and myself.
There are methods to modifying for everyone. It's your car, so it's your choice. Just love your car and don't do something dumb to ruin the car forever (driving it into a wall because you wanted to race someone).
Old 10-22-05, 08:42 AM
LexFather

As long as I see crap like this, I'll never own a Honda/Acura. The image just sucks.

Old 10-22-05, 08:45 AM
Koma

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

As long as I see crap like this, I'll never own a Honda/Acura. The image just sucks.
I love that. He spelled it wrong.
To think I originally wanted an Integra. Thank god I stood by my families roots with Toyota.
Old 10-22-05, 10:50 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

V-tecH ROFL ROFL ROFL. He drives around with that and noone says a word.

Quick Reply: "Honda Mentality "- Must Race!!