Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Guy gets burnt on Lamborghini transaction (he's now posting in this thread!, welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-05, 12:06 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Angry Guy gets burnt on Lamborghini transaction (he's now posting in this thread!, welcome!

OMG Who spends $200,000.00 on a vehicle without inspecting it in 2005 again? Oh wait this guy does.

http://www.euromotorsportsucks.com/
Old 10-20-05, 12:25 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn... see thats why its not a good idea to mess with someone that can afford a $200k car. usually they have high price lawyers to go with it. Sounds like Euro Motorsports has a pissed off bee hive on their hands.
Old 10-20-05, 01:27 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Yeah I read that the other day. It seems that the folks on the Lambo forum know about this place. Never to buy an exotic like a Lambo, Ferrari, Aston, etc from Florida. They say most are corrupt. This Eurosport place is one of the worst with a long history of ripping people off.

But this guy should have inspected it and went to actually see it before buying. The car was posted on the Dupont Registry with 3 different mileages. That right there should have been enough to not purchase the car.
Old 10-20-05, 01:37 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow, what scumbags!!
Old 10-20-05, 01:54 PM
BrianH
Driver

if you can afford a 200k car, i would think you could afford the few hundred dollar plane ticket to go look at the car in person. He would have lost the price of the plane ticket and then gone home and found a legit lambo and only spent the price of the plane ticket so save him a lot of money on the car
Old 10-20-05, 02:26 PM
verylost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by magneto112
Yeah I read that the other day. It seems that the folks on the Lambo forum know about this place. Never to buy an exotic like a Lambo, Ferrari, Aston, etc from Florida. They say most are corrupt. This Eurosport place is one of the worst with a long history of ripping people off.

But this guy should have inspected it and went to actually see it before buying. The car was posted on the Dupont Registry with 3 different mileages. That right there should have been enough to not purchase the car.
Not that I'd ever buy a high end exotic, but I am curious where should people go to buy an exotic?

Originally Posted by BrianH
if you can afford a 200k car, i would think you could afford the few hundred dollar plane ticket to go look at the car in person. He would have lost the price of the plane ticket and then gone home and found a legit lambo and only spent the price of the plane ticket so save him a lot of money on the car
When you can afford a 200k car, you probably don't have time in your day to fly down to Florida to look at a car.
Old 10-20-05, 03:25 PM
tiguy99
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

There are people you can hire for that though
Old 10-20-05, 04:56 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=verylost]Not that I'd ever buy a high end exotic, but I am curious where should people go to buy an exotic?
QUOTE]

My dad and my uncle usually goes to auctions, buys from friends, or from a dealership that's been OK'd by their buddies...

It's all about reputation. You gotta check out the business's rep..
Old 10-20-05, 07:27 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

post edit

Last edited by lexusondubs; 10-22-05 at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-20-05, 07:28 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Originally Posted by verylost
Not that I'd ever buy a high end exotic, but I am curious where should people go to buy an exotic?

When you can afford a 200k car, you probably don't have time in your day to fly down to Florida to look at a car.
THIS IS VERY TRUE !!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-05, 07:30 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

can i ask a mod to change the title of this thread so i can show the owner that we as a respectable car club are not a bunch of asses
Old 10-20-05, 07:39 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's too easy for us to call this guy an idiot. How about a little sympathy for the guy. He got ripped hardcore. Yeah, he should have done more research, but when you are buying a $200,000 car from someone you usually expect it to be legit.

Anyway, I am sure he learned his lesson.

Jonny
Old 10-20-05, 07:47 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Guy's here's my take.

While it is a VERY VERY VERY good idea to inspect what you purchase, we cannot lay blame on the guy totally because we must focus attention on this horrible place that is ripping people off on cars.

If you want to look at it in another light, a thief shoots a guy downtown and people stand by waiting on an ambulance............ do we blame the thief for his horrible actions, or do we blame the guy that didn't wear the bullet proof vest before he went out for a walk?

I know that even though I'd inspect the car before purchase....... With some things such as $200,000 cars you just might expect them to be in perfect shape. (I would)
Old 10-20-05, 08:09 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
i emailed this guy and talk'd to him he seems very nice also he wants to see this thread but iam leary of doing soo cause of the title of this thread. just dont want to offend him

Since the link was posted.. I'm sure he can find this thread without a problem.

All he needs to do is check his weblogs on referals and it'll show how many times his site was accessed from this thread.
Old 10-21-05, 11:33 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dx3
It's too easy for us to call this guy an idiot. How about a little sympathy for the guy. He got ripped hardcore. Yeah, he should have done more research, but when you are buying a $200,000 car from someone you usually expect it to be legit.

Anyway, I am sure he learned his lesson.

Jonny
Very well said.

Its very rare to encounter some who is capable of scamming someone for a $200k car. Usually scammers are Nickle and Dimers. They would rather scam someone with a Camry rather than a car they are going to have to invest LOTS of money in.

Quick Reply: Guy gets burnt on Lamborghini transaction (he's now posting in this thread!, welcome!