Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Drag racing ticket: "I felt bad you lost to a Hyundai, so I only gave you one ticket"

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-05, 07:37 PM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag racing ticket: "I felt bad you lost to a Hyundai, so I only gave you one ticket"

Well, I was driving down the street speeding a bit, as was this Hyundai. A cop came out of nowhere and pulled each of us over. I knew him from school so I told the cop that I have seen him around, and the other kid said the same. 30 minutes later (no exaggeration) a tow truck came and I got really worried... I guess he called it off b/c the tow truck left. Cop comes out a few minutes later and gives the other driver a ticket, then me. He comes to my window and says "You were drag racing. The sad part is you lost to a Hyundai... I felt bad and only gave you a ticket for drag racing... I gave him a ticket for drag racing AND speeding". I told the officer I don't see how this was drag racing (I wasn't doing above 50 even...) but I wasn't going to argue with him... and he said feel free to fight it in court. In Ohio, drag racing is 6 points and a suspension.

It's going to be extremely stupid if I don't get out of this one... license suspension for 50mph just because there was another car near me... time to start the search for a lawyer!
Old 10-16-05, 08:04 PM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what an A$$........ i hope you will fight that one in court. good luck to you...

now between you and your CL family members...... were you really racing? Don't worry we won't tell..... and we wont even laugh at you if you really did lose to a Hyundai.
Old 10-16-05, 08:12 PM
PAPASMURF
Lexus Test Driver

I'm laughing already!
Old 10-16-05, 08:17 PM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

Haha I'm laughing too... it's so funny he only gave me the one ticket. I'm just pissed about the $ I'll lose fighting this one, but I'm pretty confident I can get out of it with a lawyer.

The only thing I didn't put in my first post just to see what kind of replies I got was that the driver of the other car is my best friend lol....
Old 10-16-05, 10:10 PM
BMwhat?
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JJG2005
The only thing I didn't put in my first post just to see what kind of replies I got was that the driver of the other car is my best friend lol....
now i know you guys were messin around and racing.... i bet he is just as upset as you. but with a little smirk on his face knowing he beat you........................... i bet he didn't tell you he got
Old 10-16-05, 10:43 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

wow the cop was an ***. good luck on beating the case.
Old 10-16-05, 11:26 PM
JJG2005
Lead Lap

Haha bmwhat, nope we weren't racing... we both have 11 sec cars at home and don't mess around in our daily drivers lol