Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The first true attempt at a VIP 300C

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-05, 09:37 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
What is this car supposed to do when it hits a BUMP?
It's on air runners, & yes it can be adjusted to even higher than stock, as you can see in these pics :

Old 08-11-05, 09:49 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by sc400texas
and if you would have completely read the first post

reading does help
Yeah...you got me on that one...... at least to some extent.
Old 08-11-05, 12:41 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Yeah...you got me on that one...... at least to some extent.
yeah... I figured this post may get a flurry of post like that though.
Old 08-11-05, 02:06 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

VIP, shmee-I-P - it's still a Chrysler.
Old 08-11-05, 02:20 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

Damn, 1SICK and BIT bring the heat!! LOL you guys are funny as hell.
Old 08-11-05, 07:20 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Damnit, beer on me this weekend.

Old 08-11-05, 07:25 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Damn, 1SICK and BIT bring the heat!! LOL you guys are funny as hell.
Yeah its heat. And Lord knows I get it. And this is way bigger than this thread. People just slap whatever title they want on things. Its out of control. I mean, what would Manaray say? He would have a damn fit.

If I hear one more JDM claim on a car with basically some Japenese comany rims and some clear corners, I will scream. VIP is not airbags and some big ugly wheels.

We LOVE how products have never been better available and how there has NEVER been a better time to be able to buy cars.

It also introduces tons of people who have no clue.

I KNOW, I didn' t know much in the game. But damnit, I read up and read up and still read like its my fist day.
THIS is more VIP than that whole car

and again, I REALLY LIKE the 300C, IMO, it changed the game for American cars.. But a RENTAL car is not a VIP car (just check one out for yourself at ENTERPRISE rental agencies)

Old 08-11-05, 07:34 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

hahahahahahaha 1sick you are a funny man !

i personally like the 300c but i'm not quite feeling this VIP 300c. It just doesn't sit right with me.

hahaha the rental car thing is killing me...
Old 08-11-05, 07:57 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Yeah its heat. And Lord knows I get it. And this is way bigger than this thread. People just slap whatever title they want on things. Its out of control. I mean, what would Manaray say? He would have a damn fit.

If I hear one more JDM claim on a car with basically some Japenese comany rims and some clear corners, I will scream. VIP is not airbags and some big ugly wheels.

We LOVE how products have never been better available and how there has NEVER been a better time to be able to buy cars.

It also introduces tons of people who have no clue.

I KNOW, I didn' t know much in the game. But damnit, I read up and read up and still read like its my fist day.
THIS is more VIP than that whole car

and again, I REALLY LIKE the 300C, IMO, it changed the game for American cars.. But a RENTAL car is not a VIP car (just check one out for yourself at ENTERPRISE rental agencies)

How about a Mazda Sentia (929)? VIP? probably not right? WRONG- its one of the major VIPcar's out there right now. Or how about the Jaguar XJ8? Not Japanese... But wait! Its been on the cover of 2 different VIPcar magazines in one year, and has growing support as a legit VIPcar (not just a VIPstyled car)!

Your definition of a VIPcar is a bit off. However- my feelings are that this car will indeed become a common car in the major VIPcar clubs of Japan (this is where the standard as to what is and what is not VIP is created... we can judge, debate, and discuss till the cows come home- but true VIPcar status comes from here)My prediction is that we will be seeing more and more of the 300C in the VIPcar mag and in Japanese VIPcar clubs (we already see quite a few).

By the way- you posted a pic of a JP car with a fusa... Anceltion makes their own Fusa too... , and Im sure you know what the fusa represents and the different knots seen on Fusa's.
Old 08-11-05, 08:37 PM
thisguy_06
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

It really doesn't appeal to me.
Old 08-11-05, 08:41 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by sc400texas
How about a Mazda Sentia (929)? VIP? probably not right? WRONG- its one of the major VIPcar's out there right now. Or how about the Jaguar XJ8? Not Japanese... But wait! Its been on the cover of 2 different VIPcar magazines in one year, and has growing support as a legit VIPcar (not just a VIPstyled car)!

Your definition of a VIPcar is a bit off. However- my feelings are that this car will indeed become a common car in the major VIPcar clubs of Japan (this is where the standard as to what is and what is not VIP is created... we can judge, debate, and discuss till the cows come home- but true VIPcar status comes from here)My prediction is that we will be seeing more and more of the 300C in the VIPcar mag and in Japanese VIPcar clubs (we already see quite a few).

By the way- you posted a pic of a JP car with a fusa... Anceltion makes their own Fusa too... , and Im sure you know what the fusa represents and the different knots seen on Fusa's.
Why would a 300C be VIP? Its PLAYED already. Since its been out, they have a DUB edition and any edition u can think of. How can a car with an interior resembling a 1989 Sentra, be VIP?

It makes no sense.
Of course the car will be common, it starts at 24k. In 2 years, this is a 16k car.

I can understand a VIP LS 430 or Q45 or S-class. Those are very expensive cars that PRESENT VIP status STOCK.

A 300C just screams I WANNBE VIP.

Thus the fake Bentley Look

(AND AGAIN ()#$()#() it I like the 300C)

Old 08-12-05, 11:50 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Why would a 300C be VIP? Its PLAYED already.
A 300C just screams I WANNBE VIP.
You are correct, but the car is definitly VIP style. A car's cost does not DIRECTLY determine if it is accepted as a vip platform. A car is decided to be vip if the true vip tuners/clubs accept the car to be so. For instance, the Windom had a strong attempt of being vip but clubs lost interest and the car lost vip status.

vip car and culture is quite deep and actually sorta weird. It doesn't make sense like us americans would like it to. (big sedan that cost money, must be vip.) Hell, a lot of diehard vip clubs do not accept european models to be members.
Old 08-12-05, 12:19 PM
Milla...

Hmmm this is all so very interesting, my curiousity is now peaked in this whole VIP thing.
Old 08-12-05, 12:43 PM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Milla...
Hmmm this is all so very interesting, my curiousity is now peaked in this whole VIP thing.
I agree, I didn't know a thing about vip until this thread.
Old 08-12-05, 12:53 PM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

I learned alot of my knowledge from translating VIPcar websites and Robert aka {-.-}

Quick Reply: The first true attempt at a VIP 300C