Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The Fast and the Furious 3 Starts With a Car Audition

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-05, 08:51 AM
LexFather

Default The Fast and the Furious 3 Starts With a Car Audition

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...leId=106240#32

Old 08-05-05, 09:08 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Someone please shoot me now!!!! I can't handle another one those horrible movies!!
Old 08-05-05, 09:21 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh geez not another Fast and the Furious
Old 08-05-05, 10:07 AM
Chigga
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its gonna be dorifto yo, I bought 20 assorted 240sx's and they are in storage, I expect to sell them for $20k a pop when the movie come out.
Old 08-05-05, 10:41 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even though the last 2 movies wheren't exactly great I'm sure I'll go and see nr. 3 when it is out.
Old 08-05-05, 10:45 AM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

ehh i don't care what anyone says. i still like the movies. i don't care that they aren't 100% accurate (although it is fun to point out these flaws ) or that cars prominantly featured in the movie tend to skyrocket in popularity... i just plain like seeing them for entertainment value. plus, it's entertaining to me to see skylines and things of that nature that you normally don't get to see in a movie. let's hope we can get club lexus featured in this movie too.
Old 08-05-05, 11:44 AM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by adidosc
ehh i don't care what anyone says. i still like the movies. i don't care that they aren't 100% accurate (although it is fun to point out these flaws ) or that cars prominantly featured in the movie tend to skyrocket in popularity... i just plain like seeing them for entertainment value. plus, it's entertaining to me to see skylines and things of that nature that you normally don't get to see in a movie. let's hope we can get club lexus featured in this movie too.
Kaufmann finds some of this dude's perspective agreeable.
Old 08-05-05, 12:17 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man i thought after the 2nd movie they would realized that this won't work (the 2 fast 2 furious was horrible)....

ok, fine, i am bringing my cars in
Old 08-05-05, 01:35 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I wont be seeing it but I bet the movies makes a good bit of money. Thats all the studios are concerned with
Old 08-06-05, 12:19 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'll see it, even though i don't even want to....
Old 08-06-05, 01:11 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Here's the breakdown on the plot from what I understood. "Loner white kid with no ambition is sent to Japan to live with military dad. Kid finds his true calling and joins the underground drfit scene. Gets in trouble and has to race the drift king who has ties with the Yakuza(japanese mafia) to save his azz." It wouldn't be a Hollywood movie if the asian dude didn't have gang or mafia ties.

I think this ones going to be much much better than the first two. It's takes place in Japan, the country that built all the cars we love and the birth place of the drifting scene. No one gives a dam about the plot or acting skills, we all know the cars are the stars. Y'all may get to see some cool Toyotas that never made it as a Lexus, plus many many other cool cars. Unfortunately there probably won't be any neon glowing underneath the cars while they're doing drift battles cuz the japanese technical advisor they'll be hiring will think it's too american (in other word "rice").

To ensure that the movie will still be a box office hit after "rice" is taken out and staying true to the typical Hollywood philosophy, the hero will still be a white dude and the bad dude is again an asian dude just like the first one. (Western audience needs someone they can identify with). The sad part is by having this movie base in japan, it's going to be more accurate. The majority of background people and environment will be asian. Since Hollywood execs are pretty **** about keeping cost down, most likely they won't be shipping a bunch of hispanic americans and black rappers over to japan to be use as BG people and maskots like the first two movies. SO now us critics will have less flaws to goof on and can no longer ask "what are white folks and modified skylines doing in east LA?"(1st movie) or "Can prison really make a tough exconvict drive a purple FWD eclipse in broad daylight?"(second movie)
Old 08-06-05, 01:45 AM
1993ES300x
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha. this will be funny when the movie comes out.. i remember back in the days when the first one came out.. all my little High school buddys with their beat up lincons , civics and accords all wanted to do a straight races(include no skill whatso ever,, just punch the gas) .. i also remember there was an accident that include a 97 corvette and a limbo.. dud in the covrette was a goner when he hit this audi.. now it's drifting time.. i can't wait to see some of theses kids get all crazy and start drifting in a city like NYC..
Old 08-06-05, 03:11 AM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be there to watch it when it opens. lol
Old 08-06-05, 12:48 PM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1993ES300x
haha. this will be funny when the movie comes out.. i remember back in the days when the first one came out.. all my little High school buddys with their beat up lincons , civics and accords all wanted to do a straight races(include no skill whatso ever,, just punch the gas) .. i also remember there was an accident that include a 97 corvette and a limbo.. dud in the covrette was a goner when he hit this audi.. now it's drifting time.. i can't wait to see some of theses kids get all crazy and start drifting in a city like NYC..

problem is, they will just pull the ebrake and slide, and call it drifting
Old 08-06-05, 01:26 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

I loved the first one. Seen it like 15 times.

Second one wasn't that great though.

Definately will see the 3rd.

Quick Reply: The Fast and the Furious 3 Starts With a Car Audition