Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

More New Camry Spy Photo's . . .

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-05, 11:28 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Take it to PMs guys. Get the topic back on the new Camry and away from the race issue. CL is a global site and there are people from all over. We all have our bias because of our experiences and where we live. This is fine. It does not make one person's POV more or less valid than others. Are the POVs accurate? That is not an easy answer and it will not get answered here.

Feel free to post on your opinion of the car in the spy photo, not of the people who makes it or drives it. And putting in an opinion of the car mixed with commentaries on other issues and/or responding to another post on other issues is NOT on topic either. The latter conversations should be in PMs.

Please don't make me close the thread. Thanks.
Old 07-21-05, 11:39 AM
Celicamaro
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back on topic.....I wonder if they go thru the trouble of taking all that black tape off before sending the that test vehicle to the next stage in testing. Must be some special tape, cuz duct tape is a pain after going thru hot temp climate as they have.
Old 07-21-05, 03:32 PM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by Celicamaro
Back on topic.....I wonder if they go thru the trouble of taking all that black tape off before sending the that test vehicle to the next stage in testing. Must be some special tape, cuz duct tape is a pain after going thru hot temp climate as they have.
some other type of material underneath so it dont mess up the paint probably
Old 07-21-05, 06:36 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Celicamaro
i wonder how long it takes to put the tape on...

i have a question...when toyota has a car built in japan, but is testing it here, do they put the tape on here or in japan?...i would assume in japan, so no one at the dock sees it
Old 07-21-05, 06:41 PM
LexFather

They will sell every last one and this car should continue to be Americas best-seller. The Camry maybe bland now, but its not ugly. The new one, I don't expect it to BE AVANT-GARDE!!! ITS A CAMRY!!! BREAD AND BUTTER!!!

Why does everyone feel the need for cars to all have style and 20" wheels is beyond me.

Old 07-21-05, 08:01 PM
foofighter
Lexus Test Driver

^^^agreed a car company's bread and butter car appeals to the masses
Old 07-22-05, 01:54 AM
EGainer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i just wanted to post in this thread before it got locked... i keep getting left out of them

anyway,

it's probably like painter's tape, which you can apply to your car without it leaving any residue. just like people do when they track their cars....

as far as the wider wheels... prob would look cooler, but this is a family sedan, the people who race their STOCK (note i am saying stock, not any modified camries) camries need to realize what car they are driving...

again, yes i know certain camry models are mod-able... i know a few that are highly modded and very fast, along with the es300.... i am referring to stock camries when i made that comment

the body kits that are offered by the factory are meant to make the corolla more "hip" to the younger generation. just like the jetta GLI, which offers diff wheels, body kit, diff seats, etc.....

yes, toyota could offer the seats, and wheels to go with the kit, would look better im sure
Old 08-12-05, 08:26 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Edmunds just posted a spy video.
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=106183
Old 08-12-05, 03:54 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by foofighter
be nice to get paid to drive prototype cars around...
That would be just the perfect job!

07 Camry looks sweet! I just hope they decide to put the 3.5 V6 in her.
Old 08-12-05, 04:05 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lexusfreak
That would be just the perfect job!

07 Camry looks sweet! I just hope they decide to put the 3.5 V6 in her.
Edmunds says 250-260-hp for the V6 Camry, just between the 245hp GS300 and 280hp Avalon. So it could be an even more powerful 3.0L or a detuned 3.5L. I tend to think it's a detuned 3.5L because Camry is a mainstream car and should be tuned to require only 87-octane fuel.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 08-12-05 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-13-05, 11:23 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Just read a little something on the ToyotaNation site. A few people have seen the actual car in its entirety. Heres what they had to say(2 peoples opinions)....

yea i got to see it last wednesday, and it is sweet. They shown a maroon se which has the factory body kit, 17"(i believe)alloys and the v6 6speed AUTO. There will be no manual in the v6, but the 4cyl will have a 5speed option. That is the only downfall I could find about the entire car, it is beautiful, and very sporty. The rear end tail lights look like those spy photos and the headlights, but thats about the most close striking resemblence it has to the photos. A shorter front end length is noticable, but nice. I believe the rear end is perfect. The grill is nothing like the photos, it has the shape I guess but no horizontal lines in it, imagine a solid piece with circle holes(if i remember correct). Interior is awesome too, it was black leather and the dash swoops down smooth into the center console, best interior ive seen in a long time. I really don't see how the competion can compete with the new design now, i love it, and this is coming from a person that only loves sports cars, never been a fan of family cars. Now if only the get that manual in the v6 down the road.......
Ive seen the real 2007 camry at work last Friday, and the pictures your showing are not it. Its got a more sloped nose like the audi, and a grill like the bmw Z series. Working at the toyota plant in Georgetown, we got to see it friday, and your pictures dont even come close. You will be suprized and impressed. It will have the same engine option as the new avalon and an optional 6speed tranny. Its sharp.
Old 09-13-05, 11:43 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by magneto112
Just read a little something on the ToyotaNation site. A few people have seen the actual car in its entirety. Heres what they had to say(2 peoples opinions)....
Sounds awesome. Can't wait to see it! I don't recall a debut of any family sedan that made me excited me at all. Toyota is on track to take over the world.
Old 09-13-05, 12:28 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

I've also received official word on the 3.5L V6/6AT combo for the '07 Camry, so these guys are telling the truth.

*Awaits flame from flipside*
Old 09-13-05, 12:38 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Camry SE with factory body kit + 17" rims. The SE is finally living up to its name. (well almost, if it weren't for the lack of a manual tranny).
Old 09-13-05, 01:27 PM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

whats the deal w/ the "H"

Quick Reply: More New Camry Spy Photo's . . .