Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Virginia bans red-light cameras effective July 1.

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-05, 10:40 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Something else that IMO should be more widespread is the practice of converting the red-green cycles to just flashing yellow during the late-night and pre-dawn hours when there is little traffic. That would eliminate uneccessary stopping and waiting. Some localities in my area do it..some don't.
In many parts of the Bay Area we have redlights with sensors. In minor roads at night, the lights turn green when and only when the sensors sense a car or a pedestrian waiting for the lights. Works very well and totally solves the problem of unnecessary waiting in the major streets.
Old 05-24-05, 05:03 AM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robloc93
I agree those redlight camera's cause accidents. I heard a story in traffic school about a man who sued the state. Apparently, he ran a red light,then was snapped by the camera . His wife was home about 2 weeks later and opened her mail. There was a ticket with the picture of her husband running the light.......but he had his mistress in the car with him. He was screwing his secretary and would have never gotten caught if it wasn't for those stupid camera's.HHHAAAAAHHAAA!!!
Well,anyway,he was confronted by wife ,got divorced,got screwed for everything he owned and got fired !! So now, they blur the passenger side on the pictures.

Id have to call that an urban legend if I ever heard one. Regardless if I was a judge in that case id throw it out. Pictures are property of the one that takes a picture.

For example If I take a picture of someone here getting laid at the beach at nite and posted it all over the net. As long as I did not go through any illegal means to snap the picture. (No breaking or entering to someones house for example.) They couldnt do jack about it...

Thats why I could take a picture of someones tasteless body mods to a car post it in a humiliating fashion all over the net and not get in any legal trouble, as long as the vehicle was in public view when I took the picture.

And goodness he could of just said they were having a bussiness related meeting. Assuming she wasnt doing anything but sit in the passenger seat when the picture was taken.

And the sensors in the streets for red light to green light are not entirely fool proof for some bike riders. I believe the treshold is somewhere around 500 lbs. My roomate in his R6 has to dismount his bike and hit the pedestrian button on his bike or else hell be sitting there till daylight.