Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Japanese car companies all very different

Old 06-23-09, 06:06 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Note: He hasn't posted since 2006.
LOL, I should look at the dates. And don't come back either!!!
Old 06-23-09, 06:18 PM
LexFather

What is amazing is Toyota has more market share in Japan than Nissan/Honda combined. You simply would not figure that.

Amazing what happens in 4 years...Toyota is now #1 in sales, all 3 companies have been hit by the economic downturn. Toyota continues to sell to the masses here and their big Texas plant for the Tundra never met sales goals. Nissan continue to share more and more with Renualt and Ghosn has been rumored to be on his way out if he cannot restore profibility. Honda has canned all projects of interest and continues to rest on laurels.

As for the luxury brands, Lexus continues to be the only true Japanese luxury brand, Infiniti is lagging again and then you have way down the line Acura.

To be honest I'm more impressed with Nissan's products the last 5 years than Toyota or Nissan. Nissan's craptastic interiors have improved, so has reliability and they continue to make sporting vehicles. Toyota has impressed with the new Prius, Venza and at least continue to participate in F1 but quality has slipped and their most sporting vehicle is actually a Lexus. Honda has canned V-8s, RWD, the NSX and somehow managed to outdo itself with even uglier vehicles that I am assuming are sold to the legally blind who hold a license.

As for the luxury brands, Lexus came with now 2 generations of hybrids, the IS-F and a LS 600h flaghship that is the grandest car to come from Japan. Infiniti has really developed their G37 lineup to a formidable expanded lineup but their EX/FX are complete failures. Acura, we all know lags far behind.

With Mr. Toyoda at the helm of Toyota today, I expect a wonderful Nissan/Toyota rivarly and Honda will be just a smaller boring uglier version of Toyota today.

Old 06-24-09, 12:54 AM
FKL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, all very different..

Honda the shameless immitator

Toyota the penny pinching accountant

Nissan the wanna be BMW

All just jokes of course.