Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus Launches Company's First Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-05, 09:20 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts
Exclamation Lexus Launches Company's First Credit Card

Lexus Launches Company's First Credit Card
Offers One of the Richest Reward Programs in the Industry

04/28/2005 Torrance, CA

When you think Lexus, you picture the finest leather, rich wood grains and the ultimate in design. But the newest Lexus product to hit the roadways this summer is actually … plastic.

The first-ever Lexus credit card, branded Lexus Pursuits Visaฎ Card, will debut this summer and is aimed at rewarding existing Lexus customers and bringing new customers into the Lexus family.

"We see this card as an opportunity for Lexus to reward our valuable customers," said Bob Carter, Group Vice President and General Manager of the Lexus Division. "Like our vehicles, the Lexus Pursuits Visa Card will deliver the highest levels of quality, service and customer care, and help our owners and potential owners make the most of every moment." The card will be issued by Lexus Financial Savings Bank.

The card will feature one of the richest rewards programs in the industry:
• Allows card members to apply reward points toward up to 10% off their next new Lexus.*
• Allows card members to apply points toward parts, service and boutique items at their Lexus dealership. *
• Awards card members 5 points for every $1 of net purchases at a Lexus dealership.*
• Awards card members 1.5 points for every $1 of net purchases elsewhere.
• Offers an option to use the points towards travel for a travel rewards yearly fee.

Interested individuals can be the first to find out more information about the card by calling 888-777-5555 or visiting http://www.lexus.com/pursuits.

About Lexus and Lexus Financial Services
Lexus has become synonymous with luxury since its introduction in 1989. By offering some of the finest quality luxury vehicles and providing benchmark customer service, Lexus has become the top-selling luxury nameplate in the United States for five years in a row.

Lexus Financial Services is the finance and insurance brand for Lexus in the United States, offering retail auto financing and leasing through Toyota Motor Credit Corporation.

*Some restrictions apply. Redemption not available at Hawaii dealerships.

Credit: Lexus USA

Last edited by flipside909; 04-28-05 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-28-05, 09:34 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

just thinking out loud, does that mean 1 point means "1 dollar" towards the new lexus purchase? if so then i think this is a deal

that means if i buy 4000 of stuff, say i get 6000 points, and then i can use the 6000 points as 6k off towards the purchase of a new lexus, say the ls430 UL

if that's the case, time for me to get another cc
Old 04-28-05, 09:40 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Subaru has one now, too. Ford Credit and GMAC brought them out years ago.

This is probably a good deal for the auto manufacturers. The way most people run up credit card debt, the manufacturers collect more in interest every month than they lose on the new-vehicle purchases from the card rebates.
Old 04-28-05, 09:51 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rominl
just thinking out loud, does that mean 1 point means "1 dollar" towards the new lexus purchase? if so then i think this is a deal

that means if i buy 4000 of stuff, say i get 6000 points, and then i can use the 6000 points as 6k off towards the purchase of a new lexus, say the ls430 UL

if that's the case, time for me to get another cc
No, Rom... You must not have used any rewards-giving credit card before.

When credit card companies say "1 point" it generally translates to $0.01 worth of reward (which could be gifts, cash-back or discounts). This means that you usually have to spend $100 to get $1 back. So in this case if you can get 1.5 points for every $1 you spend, it is still considered a pretty good deal.
Old 04-28-05, 09:57 AM
BrickHead
Instructor

Sounds interesting. I might apply once I cash the points with my current credit card later this year.
Old 04-28-05, 10:00 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L

When credit card companies say "1 point" it generally translates to $0.01 worth of reward (which could be gifts, cash-back or discounts). This means that you usually have to spend $100 to get $1 back. So in this case if you can get 1.5 points for every $1 you spend, it is still considered a pretty good deal.
Xerokool is correct
Old 04-28-05, 10:12 AM
BrickHead
Instructor

Originally Posted by flipside909
• Allows card members to apply reward points toward up to 10% off their next new Lexus.*
I guess this doesn't include certified pre-owned Lexus???
Old 04-28-05, 12:26 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

ah ic, that's more like it i guess

my cc right now is just straightly 1% cash rebate, so i guess it's just like the lexus cc is giving me 1.5% cash rebate that's all
Old 04-28-05, 03:01 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
ah ic, that's more like it i guess

my cc right now is just straightly 1% cash rebate, so i guess it's just like the lexus cc is giving me 1.5% cash rebate that's all
While we're at it, these are the couple of credit cards I currently use and recommend:
1. Citi Dividend Platinum Select MasterCard: 5% cash back on purchases at supermarkets, drug stores and gas stations, plus 1% on all other purchases up to $300 per year. (5% is GOOD!!)
2. American Express TrueEarnings Card for Costco Members: 3% cash back for eating out (ANY restaurants, fast food stores and cafeterias that accept American Express), 2% cash back for traveling (air tickets, trains, cruises, car rentals, etc.), and 1% for everything else.

The two cards cover a lot of my regular spendings with more than 1% cash back. And now if Lexus comes out a card that gives me 1.5% for everything else, I'll be more than happy to get it.
Old 04-28-05, 04:29 PM
BlkGS3
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sounds very good
Old 04-28-05, 05:17 PM
got_trd
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think im gonna get one
Old 04-28-05, 05:36 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

I just submitted my name. Web site says an app will be mailed sometime this summmer
Old 04-28-05, 06:17 PM
Koma

While we're at it, these are the couple of credit cards I currently use and recommend:
1. Citi Dividend Platinum Select MasterCard: 5% cash back on purchases at supermarkets, drug stores and gas stations, plus 1% on all other purchases up to $300 per year. (5% is GOOD!!)
2. American Express TrueEarnings Card for Costco Members: 3% cash back for eating out (ANY restaurants, fast food stores and cafeterias that accept American Express), 2% cash back for traveling (air tickets, trains, cruises, car rentals, etc.), and 1% for everything else.

The two cards cover a lot of my regular spendings with more than 1% cash back. And now if Lexus comes out a card that gives me 1.5% for everything else, I'll be more than happy to get it.
I got the same CitiBank MC
Awesome earnings!
Old 04-28-05, 08:25 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

time to wait for the app and read the fine print....
Old 04-28-05, 09:52 PM
lexus96817
Rookie

Redemption not available at Hawaii dealerships.
As usual, the price of living in paradise.

Quick Reply: Lexus Launches Company's First Credit Card