Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

spotted a SLR this morning

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-05, 08:38 AM
soarer1023
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spotted a SLR this morning

well as the title said its all, i saw a SLR this morning, and i still couldn't believe i saw on the freeway this morning.

anyway i was doing the routine drive to school this morning, about like 5 miles away from school (i go to CSU Fullerton) on highway 57N, there was traffic as usual, and i was stuck there and stretch my back a little bit to wake myself up, and as i turn my head, i saw something that caught my eyes, then i took a good look at it, and i just couldn't believe what my eyes were looking at, a silver mercedes-benz SLR on the freeway right next to me. i sorta followed the car to check it out, but man that car is just too fast for my little 3L engine, once that guy saw an opening on the road, his just gased his way out, and i just have to goodbye to that beautiful car, but i m still happy and excite to see that car on the road.

and just an interesting question, how many SLR are there in so cal? anyone knows??
Old 04-07-05, 11:30 AM
I QuiKSilvR I
Driver

me and 2 of my friends actually went to a mercedes dealership not too long ago to drop off his ML for service. When we were there, they had the SLR on display.. I dont remember the name of the dealership but it's in Buena Park area off the 91??

Anyhow, there was another guy there with a E55 checking out the new SLR. I believe he purchased one and it came in that same day.. He then took it for a test drive and came back. Asked one of the guys there to take the E55 and tested it again the SLR.. Man, it was an awesome sight to see.. Too bad I didn't have a camera on me but when I got home, I just realized that I could have used my camera phone..

I know there are a few rolling around in california.. Another one i saw was in calabasas (hope i spelled that correct)..
Old 04-07-05, 03:22 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by soarer1023
well as the title said its all, i saw a SLR this morning, and i still couldn't believe i saw on the freeway this morning.
And you didn't take any pics?
Originally Posted by I QuiKSilvR I
Too bad I didn't have a camera on me but when I got home, I just realized that I could have used my camera phone..

I know there are a few rolling around in california.. Another one i saw was in calabasas (hope i spelled that correct)..
Double

Yes, you spelled it correctly. I'll have to keep my eyes open next time I'm there.
Old 04-07-05, 03:45 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

After reading the title of the thread, I immediately said to myself, "California member". I was right! Only in Cali do you see cars like that. No exotics in New England.
Old 04-07-05, 10:12 PM
OGS
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by I QuiKSilvR I
me and 2 of my friends actually went to a mercedes dealership not too long ago to drop off his ML for service. When we were there, they had the SLR on display.. I dont remember the name of the dealership but it's in Buena Park area off the 91??

I think the dealership your are talking about is House of Imports?

I have a 16 yr old cuz at Calabasas High, and from what I am told its NO JOKE over there.
Old 04-07-05, 10:45 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by JLSC4
After reading the title of the thread, I immediately said to myself, "California member". I was right! Only in Cali do you see cars like that. No exotics in New England.

Someone on another forum who lives in Boston bought a SLR. He has a full write up about the car, and even updates the thread every now and then about his trips with the car. I think it was on Germancarfan.
Old 04-07-05, 10:48 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

I saw one at the NYIAS a few weeks ago. And man, that car is hot to death. When I first saw pics of it years ago, I wasnt to fond of the entire design. Dome areas didnt look right to me. Like the roof, rear window area, and the extremely long hood with that wierd grill. But after seeing it in person, I would buy it in a heartbeat. It looks so good.
Old 04-08-05, 12:57 PM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Calabasas High.

there's only ferraris and masaratis, nothing too special.

a girl from mtv's super sweet 16 party shopped there as well.
Old 04-08-05, 01:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

damn that's nice.... the only time i see the slr is at the huge mb dealership right by 101....

and my friend said he saw a porsche gt drove by when he came back from oakland
Old 04-08-05, 01:37 PM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JLSC4
Yea...seriously what dont you see in Cali. My friend was vacuuming in his house and he heard exaust rumbling over his vacuum machine, it was a SLR right outside his house
and I tailed an Enzo for 5mins once around there
Old 04-08-05, 10:16 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

only seen one SLR and that was at the MB dealership on display. sales guy said they arnt planning on selling it, its mainly a collectors car (exact words) but im sure if someone is willing to drop 6 digits for it, im sure they'll sell it
Old 04-09-05, 01:50 PM
Falcon LS
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Here's another one.
Attached Thumbnails spotted a SLR this morning-slr.jpg  
Old 04-09-05, 07:50 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Attached Thumbnails spotted a SLR this morning-slr.jpg  
Old 04-10-05, 07:26 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I'm sure it's an awesome car to drive, but the SLR still does little for me in terms of appearance as a supercar, the front looks rather comical with that probosis . . .

Old 04-10-05, 07:47 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AmethySC
I'm sure it's an awesome car to drive, but the SLR still does little for me in terms of appearance as a supercar, the front looks rather comical with that probosis . . .

LOL-good call on Gonzo

Quick Reply: spotted a SLR this morning