Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Anyone get a Camry loaner from Lexus?(Hawaii Dealer)

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-04, 11:18 PM
lexus96817
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone get a Camry loaner from Lexus?(Hawaii Dealer)

Not sure if this is the right area, so i figure i start here.

Serviced my 03 ES at the Lexus dealership in Honolulu for the third or fouth time two month ago. Overall service was great, but the thing that bothered me a bit was that my loaner was a 04 blue Camry. My previous loaner was a maroon one but this time I had the blue one for the weekend.

Don't get me wrong, the Camry is a great car, I owned a 2001 Camry before I upgraded to the ES. It just didn't feel right with my co-workers driving thier Infiniti and Benz loaners from their dealerships. I figured that the company that runs the Lexus dealership also operates the entire Toyota dealerships in Hawaii would be the logical reason why they gave out Camrys.

To sum up the Camry loaner experience, it felt as if I was riding a girl's bicycle.
Someone did tell me later that Lexus loaners are given on a requested basis only, so I guess the next time I'll request a SC or LS430.

Did any of you Lexus owners get a Camry for a loaner from the Lexus dealership?
Old 12-29-04, 11:45 PM
juan01
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess it depends on availability. I've gotten a Corolla a few times, but I've also got an IS300, ES330, RX330, etc. I love it when I get the newer Lexus models, because I drive a 96.
Old 12-29-04, 11:52 PM
George Hsieh
Lead Lap

oh.. I also got a solara, jeep, truck and all kind of weird *****.. but over all I think the service is still fine.. I like to drive around with all different kind of car, I think it's fun.. expecially the Jeep.. I don't like but it's quite an experience....

George
Old 12-30-04, 08:16 AM
Lex Diamonds
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your timing into the service area is also key to what kind of vehicle you get. I ALWAYS make sure that I am waiting at the by doors before the open; that way I'm certain to get a Lexus car. I just dropped my car off for 125k service this morning and they gave me a gold '05 ES330 with 1200 miles. The new air-conditioned seat feature is Nice!!

When I dropped my car off for service after 10am - that's when I was stuck with Corrolla's, Grand Cherokees, Camry's and whatever crap they can give me that rides.

By getting there on time served me every lexus vehicle except the LX470. - so plan to get there early.
Old 12-30-04, 05:00 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexus96817

Serviced my 03 ES at the Lexus dealership in Honolulu for the third or fouth time two month ago. Overall service was great, but the thing that bothered me a bit was that my loaner was a 04 blue Camry. My previous loaner was a maroon one but this time I had the blue one for the weekend.

Don't get me wrong, the Camry is a great car, I owned a 2001 Camry before I upgraded to the ES. It just didn't feel right with my co-workers driving thier Infiniti and Benz loaners from their dealerships. I figured that the company that runs the Lexus dealership also operates the entire Toyota dealerships in Hawaii would be the logical reason why they gave out Camrys.

To sum up the Camry loaner experience, it felt as if I was riding a girl's bicycle.
Someone did tell me later that Lexus loaners are given on a requested basis only, so I guess the next time I'll request a SC or LS430.

Never realized that some Lexus dealers give out other models. I've been a Lexus owner for 5 years now and every time I've brought one of my cars in for service, the dealer has always given me an ES or an RX.
Old 12-30-04, 05:48 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I get an ES330 or RX every time. I wouldn't care if I got a Camry for a loaner. Big deal. I'd rather one at this point just to compare.
Old 12-30-04, 07:55 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

For most of us Lexus owners in the U.S., the ES and RX vehicles are the common loaners available from Lexus dealerships. Just go to any Lexus dealership lot and you'll see what I mean

Moving this to Car Chat to get a broader range of responses.
Old 12-30-04, 08:07 PM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

I've always been given either an ES or RX. But to put it in perspective, when my sis took the Benz in for service, she got a Ford Focus. So i think the Camry you got is alot better than a Ford Focus.
Old 12-30-04, 08:21 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Servco Lexus in Honolulu always rents Camry's for owners when their Lexus loaner fleet runs out. Unfortunately, because this is the only dealer in the state, they run out of loaner cars very quickly. I have never been able to obtain a Lexus loaner and I have always had a rental Camry from them. A few of my friends that had long term work on their Lexus cads (More than a week) have been able to get the ES330's.

By the way, the Camry fleet that Servco Lexus uses is not their own cars. They rent them from the rental company down the street. I know this because on many times I had the rental car attendent drop the car off to me at the Lexus service bay and then simply walk back to the rental car lot.
Old 12-30-04, 08:42 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

never took my car to the dealership but when my brother took his mb ml to the dealership they gave him a mitsu galant as a loaner.. the time after that they gave him a c320 4matic
Old 12-30-04, 09:23 PM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

I guess you got the same class car, nothing wrong with that
Old 12-30-04, 11:47 PM
mcv30
Driver

Originally Posted by 0l33l
I guess you got the same class car, nothing wrong with that
Yeah I agree. There's nothing wrong driving a Camry
And its not like driving a girl's bicycle...
Old 12-31-04, 01:01 AM
Dan H
Driver School Candidate

Please see my sig....
Old 12-31-04, 06:56 AM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

How so?

I'm VERY interested with this concept. To me a Camry & an ES330 look so much alike.....if you're not a "car person", they'll probably think it's the same car.

The way I see it is that the ES3 is a well polished Camry wearing an expensive Tux (which is a great thing).

But I would have to imagine that the driving feel of both these cars should be similar. Same engine, same tranny, etc.
Old 12-31-04, 07:38 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

My Lexus dealer gives out ES330 and RX330, now when I got a Camry loaner at the Toy dealer the Camry was a base model, 16inch wheel, 4cylinder, that was a big difference to my ES300, compared to that the ES was a 5series.

Someone has to compare a loaded V6 SE or XLE Camry to an ES cause thats tight, still I'd rather the Lexus but 4cylinder is no match unless maybe it's a loaded XLE model so then, that would just leave it with a weaker engine

Quick Reply: Anyone get a Camry loaner from Lexus?(Hawaii Dealer)