Register Forgot Password?

Bill Gates favorite car?

Old 12-09-04, 08:28 AM   #1
LexusLuver
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default Bill Gates favorite car?

Quote:
The LS-400 has consistently been at the top of the full sized luxury sedan class since its introduction in 1989 as a 1990 model. (And wait until you see the all-new 2001 LS-430)
The ES-300 has remained one of the best cars in the near luxury sedan class since its introduction in 1992
The SC-300 & SC-400 are the dream cars of many individuals who desire a no-holds-barred luxury sports coupe. (Including Bill Gates who said his SC-400 was his favorite car)
The RX-300 currently dominates the luxury SUV market with the other manufacturers scrambling to come up with something that is comparable.
learned something new today. I think I'd stick to the McLaren

http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/L...LexusIS300.htm

This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
LexusLuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-04, 09:49 AM   #2
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)

man i think if he wants to get sc400, he can get a parking structure full of sc400 and still no "damage" to his bank accounts
Old 12-09-04, 11:04 AM   #3
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by rominl
man i think if he wants to get sc400, he can get a parking structure full of sc400 and still no "damage" to his bank accounts
I've heard he's a Lexus driver years ago. He also owned the LS, but he own a lot of other cars as well, including the Porsche 959.

Gojirra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-04, 11:22 AM   #4
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Quote:
It's a rainy night, and Gates is bombing around in his dark blue Lexus. He loves fast cars. When Microsoft was based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, in its early years, he bought a Porsche 911 and used to race it in the desert; Paul Allen had to bail him out of jail after one midnight escapade. He got three speeding tickets--two from the same cop who was trailing him--just on the drive from Albuquerque the weekend he moved Microsoft to Seattle. Later he bought a Porsche 930 Turbo he called the "rocket," then a Mercedes, a Jaguar XJ6, a $60,000 Carrera Cabriolet 964, a $380,000 Porsche 959 that ended up impounded in a customs shed because it couldn't meet import emission standards, and a Ferrari 348 that became known as the "dune buggy" after he spun it into the sand.

Despite this record, Gates is not wearing a seat belt. (A dilemma: Is it too uncool to use mine?) He rarely looks at you when he talks, which is disconcerting, but he does so when he's driving, which is doubly disconcerting. (I buckle up. As his mother and others have learned, it's not always prudent to compete.) He turns into a dark drive with a chain-link fence that slides open as the Lexus approaches. It's nearing midnight, and the security guard looks a bit startled.

Gates' home of the future has been under construction for more than four years, and is not expected to be completed until this summer. Built into a bluff fronting Lake Washington, it has 40,000 sq. ft. of space and will cost about $40 million. Looming against the night sky are three connected pavilions of glass and recycled Douglas fir beams, looking a bit like a corporate conference center masquerading as a resort.

Gates swings into a vaulted 30-car garage carved into the hillside. In the corner, like a museum piece, sits his parents' red Mustang convertible that he drove as a kid. . . . . .

Gojirra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-04, 11:47 AM   #5
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

"Gates is not wearing a seat belt. (A dilemma: Is it too uncool to use mine?) He rarely looks at you when he talks, which is disconcerting, but he does so when he's driving, which is doubly disconcerting. "

Classic!
2003 Mercedes S430 (SOLD)
1997 Lincoln Mark VIII (SOLD)
1993.5 Supra Twin Turbo (SOLD)
1998 Lexus GS400 (SOLD)
1998 Lexus GS300 SBM (SOLD)

Last edited by JAC JZS; 12-09-04 at 11:49 AM..
JAC JZS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-04, 07:07 PM   #6
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

He probably ought to be driving one of the Chris Bangle 7- Series.............it is a perfect car for him. It would take someone with his computer skills to figure out the I-Drive.
mmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-04, 08:19 PM   #7
STIG
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by mmarshall
He probably ought to be driving one of the Chris Bangle 7- Series.............it is a perfect car for him. It would take someone with his computer skills to figure out the I-Drive.
in that case, 7 series wouldnt be too great for him since he doesnt really have computer skills jk
STIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-04, 07:03 PM   #8
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by DC52E55
in that case, 7 series wouldnt be too great for him since he doesnt really have computer skills jk
Dunno, Man. Trying to imagine Bill Gates without computer skills is like trying to imagine Pamela Anderson Lee without silicone and make-up.......or Bill Clinton without a girl friend.

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-10-04 at 07:04 PM..
mmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-04, 07:52 PM   #9
tzu911
Lexus Champion

i remember watching a dateline report type of show where gates was testing integrated computers on a ford explore he was driving..
tzu911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-04, 11:50 PM   #10
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (2)

el_kab0ng
Send a message via AIM to Stage3 Send a message via Yahoo to Stage3

this is a little off topic but it pertains to bill gates... his 60,000 sqft house in Washington cost in excess of $100 million. while at work, bored out of my gore, i figure this out. for him to buy a house for $100 million, is like for some one with a $50 bill paying 10 cents for a gum ball... this guy cant run out of money if he wanted too!!!

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.
-- John F. Kennedy, 1962

Last edited by Stage3; 12-10-04 at 11:52 PM..
Stage3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-04, 10:26 AM   #11
jaydunn
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally posted by mmarshall
Dunno, Man. Trying to imagine Bill Gates without computer skills is like trying to imagine Pamela Anderson Lee without silicone and make-up.......or Bill Clinton without a girl friend.
Why do you think Bill has awesome computer skills? What he has are business skills and massive amounts of good luck. Remember, he bought the original version of DOS from someone else, he didn't write it himself.
jaydunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-04, 10:26 AM