Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Body Kit Finally Installed...

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-04, 01:51 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Manaray
Richie, I love your tag line...."10K post and only one mod" HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!! That's frickin' classic!

Hey, wanna come down and meet me while I'm in Egypt? I might also be in your part of town next year. You'll have to introduce me to your buddy that hangs out at the Nurenburgring... Do you know a place where we can rent a 911 Turbo? Bring a extra pair of clean boxers...and possibly a helmet.

Mike, you know me , I'm a classic. It's a money issue though.

I'll email you about the rest.

Now back to the tread at hand, funny ish!!!
Old 04-07-04, 03:47 PM
J_RoK
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geez guys.. i graduated highschool 2 years ago.. i don't need to come online expierence it all over agian

also
What are those things surrounded by rubber.. oh those are rims.. lol
J/K
nice car.. but the rims are not my style..but if you like them. then thats all that matters

J
Old 04-07-04, 04:14 PM
gsnav
Lead Lap

Talking

Back to the deng post... Where the heck are picture, this post if about his new body kit and stuff...but where are the deng pics for us to appreciate
Old 04-07-04, 04:36 PM
talgrl626
Lexus Test Driver

Manaray....

Don't hold back brother !! Now tell him what's really on your mind !!!

why u egging?

ooops, what did i just get myself into :
Old 04-07-04, 04:38 PM
talgrl626
Lexus Test Driver

ya it's a great kit and it's not showing its full force on ur car for somereason. have u tried to consider the posssbility of changing the rim or lowering a bit like some folks here suggested? and didn't u get the "silver strip" for the kit?
Old 04-07-04, 05:22 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

thanks for your opinions guys! your right i do love the body kit also, and the rims looked fine on it stock b4 i had the body kit, but now the bodykit out-shines the rims, that's why i posted in my original that i wanted different rims. i do like the rims on there now, and i get plenty of compliments on them, but i just like you, no long think they look good w/ the kit on. But they won't go until they sell so, i'm kinda stuck w/ them for now. Also, i was 18 when i bought them, and they were my first set of 20's so i was real excited. But after a year, and being on here, learning new things, and getting new ideas, i'll be a lot smarter on my next choice! So, no hard feelings about the rims, i feel the same as u guys do.

About bodykit issues...there really aren't many, other than the installer forgot to put in the mesh, which is fine, but i'm gonna put it in eventually. the fitment wasn't exact, although ordering it from an L-Sportline dealer, i expected it to be. but nothing that couldn't be fixed. It cost me $500 to paint and install becuase a friend of mine owns a custom bodyshop, and he hooked me up, as u can tell! I will be at the Northeast Meet in NJ. So you can can check it out then if your goin!

John
Old 04-07-04, 08:19 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

RU - You know, there is no point in explaining things to you. You just don't get it. Like I said before, you're so wrapped up in the justification of buying knock-offs that you don't see the bigger picture. No matter what I say, you'll use every excuse and misdirection you can...

The bottom line is that if you're trying to use "common sense" as an excuse, you should think about selling your Lexus and buying a Toyota. That's where the "common sense" is....Lexus is a LUXURY car. LUXURY is NOT ABOUT COMMON SENSE....eh, you just don't get it....

You need to get off the Haterade....you know, people like you are the reason why I don't contribute too much to this forum anymore. Just clueless and so desperate to justify their desperate choices. I'm here to help people make good choices but spending time trying to explain things that shouldn't need much explaining...well, let's just say that I don't get paid enough to do that (hmmm, I don't get paid at all....where's my stapler?)

Mike....

I don't need to justify ish to you or anyone else....ummm who do you think makes the Lexus? Geez, and you're supposed to be the GURU! This thing between me and you was about being "Tactful" but you sit here and try to "JUSTIFY" why we should get high end ish when we could pay less for something similar...oh well you don't get it....haterade huh? What the HELL do I have to hate on? Oh yah the $5500.00 watch that sits on your wrist when you aren't trying to "Fake the funk".... haterade what did you have to think of that one? People like me? What are you trying to imply, because last time I looked alot of people on here have bought knockoffs one time or another....and by the way your stapler is at Office Depot!

-R-
Old 04-07-04, 08:20 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by talgrl626
Manaray....

why u egging?

ooops, what did i just get myself into :

I got this talgrl.....

-R-

Last edited by R.U. IN AW?; 04-07-04 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-07-04, 08:30 PM
R.U. IN AW?
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by PHML
Manaray....

Why don't you tell me what's on your mind PHML!

-R-
Old 04-07-04, 08:35 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The stapler comment was in relation to the movie Office Space BTW...dunno if anyone caught that...

RU -If you want to continue this, email me...

Talgirl - Not egged, just trying to help someone understand.
Old 04-07-04, 08:39 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by JohnGS4
Also, i was 18 when i bought them, and they were my first set of 20's so i was real excited. But after a year, and being on here, learning new things, and getting new ideas, i'll be a lot smarter on my next choice! So, no hard feelings about the rims, i feel the same as u guys do.
Your very young, and take constructive criticism well, not gettting all huffy about the wheels and all. You are also lucky you found CL before you got your second set of wheels, now you will have more knowledge before you buy!

Dont feel too bad, I had a set of ugly **** wheels that I bought in a rush when I joined CL too!! LOL

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 04-07-04 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-07-04, 09:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow i didn't checked out this thread for couple of days and it's gone way off the line. but since it's good discussion i will keep it here for a while. i will just throw in my 2 cents on the topic.

i don't know if many of you notice but my mindset is pretty close to manaray. you have a lexus, you have a nice car. don't do anything to spoil that. get the real thing, get the good thing, and get the right thing for the car. that's how i see it, period. you could say it's very personal and not everyone agrees, i buy that, but i am also saying what i think is right. that's why we have enginyr, that's why we have NYWIZARD. although i think they ruin the lexus name, but i live with that.

one thing i think i am different from manaray is i try to explain more and try to be nicer than him don't get me wrong, manaray is a very nice person. anyone who has met him would say that i bet. i have met him in more than one occasions, and it's safe to say that he's one of the mentors along my way modding my gs4. he's knowledgeable and nice in a sense that he's willing to educate. he is a very straigher person, and he says whatever he wants and thinks is right. i give him big props to him.

about the knock offs and other cheesy stuff (sorry can't find a better word), i can't say enough. don't do it, get branded tsuff, get good stuff, that's how you appreciate your car imho. i am NOT saying branded stuff are always better, in some sense you are doing it for the spirit too. for example body kits you might ended up paying some money to get it fit well, you never know. but you are doing it right, that's what i care. you earn my respect.

about sponsorships, whoever thinks getting sponsored is a good thing, you just don't know how it works. getting sponsored doesn't mean you get it free. far from that, most of the time you stil pay considerable money, and yet you are also committed to other stuff say shows, etc.... to get exposure for the company. that's not easy at all. and look at all the sponsored cars here in the forum (i won't name them), those owners definitely spend way more money on their cars than most other members on the board. that says a lot.

so ultimately what's my theory in short? save the money, and get the right stuff even if it's expensive. do it right the first time, once and for all. if you get bad stuff, you will ONLY end up paying more to get the right stuff. it's ALWAYS the case. i didn't spend money on knock offs until i got my ugo kits. i didn't spend money to get just whatever wheels until i got the money for my hre. i didn't just go whatever, i save the money and went with the ap racing brakes. yes i spent a lot of money, but no i am not spending those money just for the heck of it. i tell myself i do it right, they are nice, and i am happy.

on the other hand if you still feel like getting knock offs and think that's no problem, go ahead, honestly there is no one stopping you, but you can't keep people from disrespecting you, coz' they have their points too. you just have to live with that. how about i got people coming to me saying that my hre looks aweful and it's bad for my car? i am cool with that, it's their opinions anyway.
Old 04-08-04, 09:44 PM
JohnGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Hey DGot20's,

I don't get mad about much, i like to think i'm very mature for my age. I'm not always worried about other people's opinions, unless it really is good. If people don't like them, it's cool, u konw! I am very glad i found this forum b4 buying my second set, i'm lookin for something like what you have, cuz i realize they fit the car a lot better! And i still do appreciate everyone's opinion's, good or bad. I'm lookin up to a lot of people on here, for their experience and they're advice. Thanks all!

John
Old 04-08-04, 10:02 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

THE PROBLEM is that there are too many "wannabe pimps" (and I really do blame Rap for pushing this pseudo-rich life style on kids that can't afford to live it)...too many kids that want to have "dubz" and "chrizome" and all that other bull***** that a lot of rappers push it as being the "shiznit". 99% of these rappers have no taste but because they have media exposure (MTV) with rich producers that just go with whatever that will make them a buck, they've pushed bad taste to new limits of acceptance and it's quite sad. Talk about the blind leading the blind. As someone who is formally educated and trained in various aspects of design/art/graphics, it really makes me cringe when I see such blatantly bad designs that people think is "good"....know something about design and aesthetics before claiming that you know what looks good and what doesn't. There's much more to it than just "preference".

True that Mike.......
Also don't forget about "The Fast & The Furious" ricer influence
Old 04-08-04, 11:28 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Lonely Toothbrush
True that Mike.......
Also don't forget about "The Fast & The Furious" ricer influence
ugh....you just HAD to bring that to table! Yeah, Fast and Frivolous just ruined it on a grand scale. Again, this is what happens with people who don't know **** try to fix up cars (aka: the director/writer...)

Quick Reply: Body Kit Finally Installed...