Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My girlfriend just bought a car. YES, it's an ACURA TSX!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-04, 01:10 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My girlfriend just bought a car. YES, it's an ACURA TSX!!!

Well guys, 3 weeks ago my gf and I were on a mission to find her a car that meets her needs. 4 priorities had to be met in order to get this car. (1)- Under 30k (2)- Looks (3)- Over 200+ HP (4)- Room for luggage. The cars that we test drove were the (A)- '04 Honda Accord Coupe (B)- Lexus IS300 (C)- Infinity G35 (D)- Acura TSX.

After a week of pulling her hair out, she finally made her decision to buy the TSX. WHY? Visually, the car had very clean lines with a elegant look to it. The car comes standard with Xenon Projector headlights, Heated front seat, sunroof, and a beautiful instrument panel. A big plus is that there is also a dealer installed Bodykit (if she wants one), flip down TV in rear (maybe later down the road), fog lights (on order as we speak), and a slew of aftermarket parts. I must say, this car is very nice in stock form! However, the stock form only lasted a week thanks to me!

The first mod was to tint all windows at 20%. In the pics you see, it was a sunny day so the front windows don't look as dark but they are. The next week, the car was brought over to the wheel shop and some new shoes were slapped on. Zennetti Vega's Chrome 18x8 all around. They look similar to my Lowenharts but with a huge price difference!!! After install, the car had to much wheel gap so an order was placed for some Eibach 1.4" lowering springs. These mods alone has made the car stand out very nicely. I also had the shop paint the calipers silver to stand out! I'm sure the cops will notice this car in no time.

Finally, in another week we should receive the fogs lights from the dealer and have them installed. I would say that the final mods will be a Injen Cold Air intake and an exhaust. But she can pay for that!
hehe Anyway, enjoy the pics.....
Attached Thumbnails My girlfriend just bought a car. YES, it's an ACURA TSX!!!-tsx-006-r.jpg  

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 02-01-04 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-01-04, 01:11 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Attached Thumbnails My girlfriend just bought a car. YES, it's an ACURA TSX!!!-tsx-004-r.jpg  
Old 02-01-04, 01:15 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Attached Thumbnails My girlfriend just bought a car. YES, it's an ACURA TSX!!!-tsx-001-r.jpg  
Old 02-01-04, 01:18 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Attached Thumbnails My girlfriend just bought a car. YES, it's an ACURA TSX!!!-tsx-007-r.jpg  
Old 02-01-04, 01:27 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have yet to hear nothing but positive reviews of this car, I'm sure your g/f loves it...especially since you did such a nice job on makin' it look so clean. Never noticed that the TSX had side mirror blinkers...they look freakin' sweet!
Old 02-01-04, 02:26 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i test drove one when shopping 4 another car and just loved it , tho soe people here bashed i really liked what i saw in person and what it drove like...congrats, great color too.......she'll b very happy
Old 02-01-04, 02:35 PM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome car. The red looks deep and shiny. I just wish Acura would make just one RWD vehicle.

She'll enjoy it nevertheless.

-Anthony
Old 02-01-04, 02:50 PM
thisguy_06
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

Wow, the zenetti's, slight drop, and tint makes the car look hot, not that it wasn't before. You both out did yourself with the choices that were made on the car. Clean and classy, nicely done
Old 02-01-04, 03:04 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Car looks nice, I think that the TSX and the new TL have a very sporty crips look to them. Its good to see Acura go in a different direction and still make a nice vehicle. Not to mention you cannot find a better value in the class.

You did a great job, the car looks very clan, but you made one BIG MISTAKE!! You hooked ya lady up with a car thats faster than yours!!! Its okay, something tells me that won't be the case for long

To be totally honest, for a daily driver, I dont think I would do aero beyond what it already has!! Can you post pics of one with the factory aero package?
Old 02-01-04, 03:14 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Very nice!!
Your GF has good taste in cars.
Old 02-01-04, 05:15 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

As always, I like to congratulate people on a new car because I know it means a lot to the person who bought it. So, congrats!

However, I would have gone with something RWD for that $$$.
Old 02-01-04, 06:14 PM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

congrats on the new car.
my friend has a TSX and he loves it.
Old 02-01-04, 07:22 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

wow! extremely fan-freaking-tastic car indeed. very nice wheel choice. auto or stickshift? i test drove the TSX and i've never dirven 4 cylinders motor that smooth and powerful. You did the great job.
Old 02-01-04, 10:08 PM
400DGRZ
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice! How is the road feel?
Old 02-01-04, 10:21 PM
r00kie
Lexus Test Driver

Congrats! That looks very nice, I think that's the first red-colored TSX I've seen and it looks hot!

Quick Reply: My girlfriend just bought a car. YES, it's an ACURA TSX!!!