Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

07 skyline

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-04, 02:46 PM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 07 skyline

<<and hints that the Skyline GT-R supercar that appeared as a concept in '01 could be the next flagship. And now the bad news: the GT-R won't launch until calendar year 2007. >> -motor trend.

my fault for not reading the entire excerpt more carefully b4 pasting it here; i wanted to share with u guys first thing at this moment
Old 01-12-04, 03:56 PM
LexFather

Basically the R34 was gonna be the last GT-R as Nissan was broke then and had no plans to replace. Since their turnaround they are going to build a new one. Ghosen promises it will be sold world-wide. V-8 rumors have died, I hear TT V-6.

Old 01-12-04, 04:50 PM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Old 01-12-04, 05:57 PM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Sick, any word or rumors of the hp?
Old 01-12-04, 06:01 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds great, but it'd be nice to see them stick with an I6. Proved very successful with the older skyline and a V6 probably isn't gonna be as true to the cause.

James
Old 01-12-04, 08:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Basically the R34 was gonna be the last GT-R as Nissan was broke then and had no plans to replace. Since their turnaround they are going to build a new one. Ghosen promises it will be sold world-wide. V-8 rumors have died, I hear TT V-6.
that's what i heard too
Old 01-13-04, 04:26 AM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

OMG, are you SERIOUS ??? "sold world-wide" ?? REALLY... OMG if it looks anything close to the R34 I am all over it, I love the Skyline, those about my most favorite cars, yes even over my Lexus (not much tho)... This is SWEET news, I will have to start saving now and hope when they come out they are not CRAP...

This news has made my day...
Shawn
Old 01-13-04, 09:56 AM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by asnatlas
OMG, are you SERIOUS ??? "sold world-wide" ?? REALLY... OMG if it looks anything close to the R34 I am all over it, I love the Skyline, those about my most favorite cars, yes even over my Lexus (not much tho)... This is SWEET news, I will have to start saving now and hope when they come out they are not CRAP...

This news has made my day...
Shawn
Pretty sure its based off the 350Z and G35. Are they gonna use the same 3.5L V6 or something new to handle the TT?

James
Old 01-13-04, 11:13 AM
LexFather

Sick, any word or rumors of the hp
Well, per the Japanese "Gentleman's agrrement" the outgoing GT-R made 280HP in V-Spec form, however, everyone knows this was a 320hp+ car stock. The Inline-6 is about as strong as the 2JZ, with AWD and gadgets galore (one of the reasons the Skyline BALLOONED in weight).
Sounds great, but it'd be nice to see them stick with an I6. Proved very successful with the older skyline and a V6 probably isn't gonna be as true to the cause
Nissan is cutting costs as much as possible, riding the 3.5 and 4.5 engines backs. I-6 is gone
OMG, are you SERIOUS ??? "sold world-wide" ?? REALLY... OMG if it looks anything close to the R34 I am all over it, I love the Skyline, those about my most favorite cars, yes even over my Lexus (not much tho)... This is SWEET news, I will have to start saving now and hope when they come out they are not CRAP
Well Infiniti is a USA only brand and until really LAST YEAR, the brand really sucked monkey *****. Ghosen and Nissan is scared to death of another "Q45" i.e another flagship car that does not hit it with consumers. GT-R and Skyline are big with kids and youth, but they can't plunk 60k on a GT-R (rumors of the LOWEST price). Badging it an Infiniti may kill the car. Badging it a Nissan would not make good business sense in the USA (think VW Phaeton). A 60k Nissan sold here? People would laugh.

Overseas, that is not the problem. Skyline and GT-R are LOVED in Europe. But there is no Infiniti and Lexus is just now making a blip on the radar screen. There are very strong rumors Ghosen will bring Infiniti to Europe when he takes the REnault CEO in 2-3 years. Only thing is, by then, the cars they want to bring (FX, G35, M45) will then be old compared to the competition. There is a HUGE discussion of killing the Q45 and making the FUGA ala M45 the new flagship. The 350Z has gotten rave reviews in Europe.

Also, with the high horsepower product onslaught from BMW (new V-10 M5, M5)Benz (S55/65 models), Audi (W-12 turbo rumored in A8 AND new RS6) a GT-R may not kick as much **** as before.

If it looks right though, I would STRONGLY CONSIDER A GT-R.

Old 01-13-04, 08:36 PM
asnatlas
Lexus Test Driver

Well Infiniti is a USA only brand and until really LAST YEAR, the brand really sucked monkey *****. Ghosen and Nissan is scared to death of another "Q45" i.e another flagship car that does not hit it with consumers. GT-R and Skyline are big with kids and youth, but they can't plunk 60k on a GT-R (rumors of the LOWEST price). Badging it an Infiniti may kill the car. Badging it a Nissan would not make good business sense in the USA (think VW Phaeton). A 60k Nissan sold here? People would laugh.
So you are saying when they release it the lowest priced one will still be 60k... Hmm, I think I may have to reconsider if that was the car... Don't think I am going to pay 60k for a Nissan... Not if they are going to be cutting costs (yet not the price) and giving you less for your money... I can think of alot better cars, and ways to spend 60k... LOL also I don't have 60k...

Shawn
Old 01-13-04, 09:55 PM
LexFather

So you are saying when they release it the lowest priced one will still be 60k... Hmm, I think I may have to reconsider if that was the car... Don't think I am going to pay 60k for a Nissan... Not if they are going to be cutting costs (yet not the price) and giving you less for your money... I can think of alot better cars, and ways to spend 60k... LOL also I don't have 60k...
No, not a base model. I am saying it would cost 60k at LEAST. So in 2007, it may be a 90k car. I just have heard no lower than 60k.