Canada For events in Canada.

Emissions with sikky/ ppe headers ? Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-17, 08:09 PM
him101
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Emissions with sikky/ ppe headers ? Thoughts

Anyone have experience with sikky or ppe headers here in canada and have to deal with emissions ? i wanna throw on some headers on the F, but im worried about the whole process.. Would i have to get cats welded onto my joe z midpipe if i got headers in order to pass emissions ?
Old 04-08-17, 08:48 PM
j3ff
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by him101
Anyone have experience with sikky or ppe headers here in canada and have to deal with emissions ? i wanna throw on some headers on the F, but im worried about the whole process.. Would i have to get cats welded onto my joe z midpipe if i got headers in order to pass emissions ?
You would have to get cats welded into the headers actually; otherwise you'll have a CEL and will definitely fail. Cats on the joe-z won't effect whether you throw a code or not but will definitely help with reducing emissions for your test.
The following users liked this post:
him101 (04-10-17)
Old 12-31-19, 08:09 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,815 Likes on 1,281 Posts

Originally Posted by j3ff
You would have to get cats welded into the headers actually; otherwise you'll have a CEL and will definitely fail. Cats on the joe-z won't effect whether you throw a code or not but will definitely help with reducing emissions for your test.
No, not really. Headers are the same length as the Stock manifold/cat combination. They also contain a flange that mates to either a stock exhaust system or an after market system. Catalytic Converters would be welded into the mid pipe of a 3rd party system as him101 suggests. To avoid a CEL there are electronic solutions or tunable sensors.

Lou
Old 01-12-20, 06:22 PM
FastAsF
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Ontario has cancelled the Drive Clean passenger vehicle program, saving taxpayers up to $40 million a year.

Effective April 1, 2019, drivers are no longer required to get Drive Clean emissions tests for their passenger vehicles.

While Drive Clean effectively reduced vehicle pollution, auto industry standards have significantly improved since the program was created in 1999 making this program no longer necessary.

Owners of vehicles are still required to make sure their vehicle emissions systems are operating properly. This means maintenance and repairs are still necessary and will help to avoid more costly repairs. To support this program change, we are strengthening our on-road inspections to ensure owners are properly maintaining their vehicle emissions.

A new, enhanced program will focus on the biggest polluting vehicles such as commercial transport trucks and will ensure that Ontario continues to lead Canada in reducing harmful smog-causing pollutants.