Canada For events in Canada.

Let's plan for a first Canada Lexus meet!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-03, 06:14 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Let's plan for a first Canada Lexus meet!!

Hey fellow Torontotians and surrounding area (not forgetting you SPORTS! ),

Let's organize a Lexus only meet - no disrespect intended to anyone else!

Let's pick a date and location.

Suggestions anyone?

I will contact my local Lexus dealer (Erin Park Lexus) and see if they would be willing to donate some items for raffling off.

I will also call them and ask them if they would be willing to send out a letter to all their Lexus customers informing them of a Lexus meet (so I need to know from you guys a date you prefer and the planned activities - so that the mailer is useful). Let's make this a memorable meet!!!!!

I have a good camera and I am volunteering to be the camera man (Minolta DiMage 7i, 5.0 MegaPixels)

Any scenic drives in the GTA that someone is aware of? Please post your suggestions and let's get this ball rolling asap!!

Please post your suggestions on
1. Date
2. Location
2. what you would like to do,
3. where you would like to go for a drive
4. list the mods you have done on your car. (if you want to keep this private till the meet, that is fine)

I have sent out PM's to the following Canadian members:
2SAVVY
apanju
bizzy928
Darkside
IcePlatinum
sc4canada
Scooby786
skperformance
SPORTS
TO_SC300

Any others I have missed?

Last edited by Hameed; 05-19-03 at 07:29 AM.
Old 05-21-03, 10:19 PM
TO_SC300
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scenic drives within the GTA are a bit rare The only places I can think of that might remotely be considered 'scenic':

- Bayview extension
- Lakeshore near CNE
- Scarborough bluffs

Date: Any sunny weekend
What to do: Maybe lunch and beer on a patio so we can oggle our babies
Where to drive: any of the above
Old 05-21-03, 10:43 PM
LexFather

Sounds like a start Hameed! Don't get discouraged, our first meet had 2 people. 2 years later we average about 15-20 people a month.
Old 05-22-03, 06:45 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by TO_SC300
Scenic drives within the GTA are a bit rare The only places I can think of that might remotely be considered 'scenic':

- Bayview extension
- Lakeshore near CNE
- Scarborough bluffs

Date: Any sunny weekend
What to do: Maybe lunch and beer on a patio so we can oggle our babies
Where to drive: any of the above
Excellent suggestions TO_SC300!!

Come one everyone else, please post your suggestions here! I have had only 3 replies to my PM's and Emails. If you have sent me a PM please post your suggestions here, that way when this thread is updated you get the automatic email notification thereby keeping you in the loop.

Originally posted by 1SickLex
Sounds like a start Hameed! Don't get discouraged, our first meet had 2 people. 2 years later we average about 15-20 people a month.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Mike! I will keep trying to do my best for this meet - I will try to make it an official Lexus Owners Club of Canada meeting with the blessing of corporate Lexus here in Canada.
Old 05-22-03, 09:36 AM
apanju
Rookie

I am game...prefer the weekends...prefer Yonge/401 area or more north.
Old 05-22-03, 10:48 AM
SPORTS
Driver

Default CLUB LEXUS CANADA MEET

It is usually a challenge getting any project or idea off the ground but I am sure the interest will grow as word gets out. At this point in time I cannot recommend any locations but I will do some research and reply again. My personal schedule is all over the place but for my input I would like to suggest a Sunday morning start (introductions and some driving), the suggestion of lunch on a patio is fine to share stories and information and people can stay as long as they wish. I will try to find some scenic and perhaps more 'out of the way' roads so the early morning drive is not interrupted. I will keep in touch.

Mario
Old 05-23-03, 07:11 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Quick update on getting the local Lexus dealer involved with this potential meet:

One of the managers promised to call me back with a decision today or on Monday regarding their participation!!

I will keep plugging away at this and hopefully we will have a good meet amongst us and Lexus participating as well.
Old 05-23-03, 08:35 AM
FutureGSorIS
Lead Lap

If you guys want to have a good turn out you may want to go over to is300.net (more specifically http://www.isimpression.net/forum/index.php?c=5 ) as well as there are a lot of IS300 owners in Toronto area. Depending on the date and time you guys set up I may come up there as I am up in the Toronto area on business a lot.
Old 05-23-03, 10:47 AM
Scooby786
Driver School Candidate

I've just posted this meet on www.isimpression.net. Hopefully we get some IS300's to show up. Just so you guys know..we got over 17 to meet on our last one. Check out some pics!

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/moph79/ls...0+MEET&.view=t

Last edited by Scooby786; 05-23-03 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-23-03, 12:04 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by Scooby786
I've just posted this meet on www.isimpression.net. Hopefully we get some IS300's to show up. Just so you guys know..we got over 17 to meet on our last one. Check out some pics!

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/moph79/ls...0+MEET&.view=t
Hey Scooby!

Thanks very much for your support! I really appreciate that!

I posted this also on http://www.ToyotaNation.com and I emailed the admin of isimpression.net to send me my password for that site so that I can post replies to your postc

That would be so sweet if we could get 17 IS's plus a sprinkiling of GS's at this meet!

Your pics look very sweet. Which car is yours? The yellow IS or the blue one?
Old 05-23-03, 01:15 PM
Scooby786
Driver School Candidate

Mine is the blue one with the Chrome's!!
Old 05-23-03, 01:29 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by Scooby786
Mine is the blue one with the Chrome's!!
My favourite color!!! When I bought my GS I searched long and hard for a GS in that color (Patriot Blue - I think that's what it's called in Canada) but could not find any. I had to settle for my second choice - Alpine Silver.
Old 05-26-03, 11:40 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Quick update on Lexus Canada participation.

I called the head office as my local dealer was not returning my calls. Basically they are very interested in participating, however I have to send them a letter outlining the event and how we want them to participate. So I took a stab at it and sent them this letter today by courier. (yes I mean business here! )

http://www.prudensconsulting.com/let...nistration.doc

I will keep you all posted once I hear back from them. After that let's pick a date and start planning what to do!!!
Old 05-27-03, 08:35 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

OK guys, what do you think about this as a scenic route. (see below). It's a bit of a drive, but if we do it on a Saturday or Sunday and all drive down together to the Falls from the GTA - that would be a blast. Imagine a dozen and a half Lexus cars (all waxed and shiny) in a convoy on the QEW to Niagara Falls.............

Niagara Parkway, a scenic route that follows the Canadian side of the Niagara River from Lake Ontario to Lake Erie.

The Niagara Parkway is one of the most scenic routes in the world, stretching from Fort Erie (opposite Buffalo) at Lake Erie to Niagara on the Lake at Lake Ontario. In-between, the route passes historic sites of battlefields and skirmishes from the War of 1812-1814 as well as the Upper Canada Rebellion of 1837. Of particular interest, is the village of Queenston, home of Laura Secord and where General Brock died defending Canada against invading Americans. In Niagara on the Lake, one should visit the restored Fort George, take in a production at the annual Shaw Festival, stroll about this enchanting town with its many homes and churches that are well over 175 years old and finally relax in one of the many inns or restaurants for a charming dinner. Finally, there is Niagara Falls itself. This is a natural site that will be unforgettable for any visitor, no matter the time of day or the time of year. Nearby, are the many vineyards and orchards that make this area famous. Blossom time is a special treat in May.
Old 05-29-03, 06:57 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Hey guys, come on, let me know if a drive to Niagara Falls is appealing to you and then a drive on the Niagara Parkway followed by lunch at some restaurant we can pick near there.

Also, let's decide on a date asap.

Here are some suggestions:
July 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th or August 2nd.

Let me know which date you prefer.

Last edited by Hameed; 06-02-03 at 05:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Let's plan for a first Canada Lexus meet!!