Canada For events in Canada.

Let's plan for a first Canada Lexus meet!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-04, 07:37 AM
sc4canada
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thnx for the PM Hameed I wouldn't have seen this otherwise. The date seems OK with me for now and I am interested as long as school (summer courses) or work doesn't get in the way . The car needs some work done (cosmetical & machanical) so hopefully it'll be done before that date.

I like the lakeshore by the CNE idea more because it's closer to me so even if I'm busy I can still drop by.
Old 03-20-04, 05:36 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally posted by sc4canada
Thnx for the PM Hameed I wouldn't have seen this otherwise. The date seems OK with me for now and I am interested as long as school (summer courses) or work doesn't get in the way . The car needs some work done (cosmetical & machanical) so hopefully it'll be done before that date.

I like the lakeshore by the CNE idea more because it's closer to me so even if I'm busy I can still drop by.
Nick, please pm me with your email address and phone number so that I can add you to my mailing list.

The list is getting big now! I have 6 contacts now who are interested:

SPORTS
Fern
Lexusfreak
Sc4Canada
jucee187
2SAVVY

Come on guys, where are the rest of you??

Last edited by Hameed; 03-20-04 at 05:37 AM.
Old 03-25-04, 01:54 PM
IcePlatinum
Rookie

Count me in too. If I am not working or not too busy I would love to attend. Keep me posted on the date. If it's May the 29th I'm sorry but I wont be able to make it, due to my brothers wedding.
Old 03-26-04, 03:47 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by IcePlatinum
Count me in too. If I am not working or not too busy I would love to attend. Keep me posted on the date. If it's May the 29th I'm sorry but I wont be able to make it, due to my brothers wedding.
What date works better for you?

Please PM me with your email address and phone number asap.
Old 03-26-04, 08:41 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

I personally like the Guelph area "tour" myself.....downtown Toronto is such a pain in the butt on the weekends with all the activities, construction & road closures. I just think that a convoy of Lexus vehicles taking a day out in the country would be a much more fun concept. Just my opinion.
Old 03-27-04, 06:31 AM
Fern
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lexus meet

I'm in North Toronto area so doesn't really matter where.

I would just like to point out that for those members that might want to make this a family event (might motivate more members) we might want to consider a park or scenic environment so everyone can enjoy...

Not to mention the fact that it will have a greater impact, while not causing traffic congestion, ie: picture 20-50 Lexus' parked together at a park during a picnic...

-Bronte Creek Park in Oakville (about 1/2 hour drive from toronto)- just a suggestion.

Cheers,
//Fern
Old 03-28-04, 09:22 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nice idea Hammed, sorry it isn't the first though. There have been a few before with CL cars in T.O.
I would have posted much earlier but ever since i had a problem with a moderator on here over a year ago i don;t post much anymore.
There are a few main clubs in Toronto you would need to involve to get the most turn out and a great event.
www.toyotanation.com
www.isimpression.net
www.Lexusownersclub.com

bettween these 3 it would be a great event.
We had a great Toyota one overall last night with about 40 cars and owners show up.

Just from experiance with settign up local meets it might be better to have one in June or July for the better weather and time left till the date to finalize.
As everyone has meets in mississauga it probably is the easiest to find from 2 highways ( bettween 401and 403 on Mavis ) and has a large parking lot for a meet would be the Krispey Kreme dounuts parkign lot .Lots of space and no worries from managment with a meet on the premises.
I am actually making a large meet this year for lexus owners but i haven't put it down on paper as i am awaiting word back from Toyota to see if they can offer something.

Also for the tour part there is a few roads in hamilton and north of Brampton which i and my other friends go for spirted drives on.

Let me know, as you are running the showHameed i will let you post on those other sites, if i can help drop me a line.
Old 03-28-04, 11:59 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Excellent suggestions sk! It would make for a great turnout if the other sites were contacted. Are you a member of LOC Hameed? I know sk & I are if you need some assistance in any way The Krispy kreme parking lot is a good idea as well.....very close to the highway. Keep us posted.
Old 04-01-04, 06:27 AM
TO_SC300
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Down for the meet. Just let me know where/when, I'm easy!
Old 04-01-04, 10:17 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

I suggested to Hameed that we start by making this an international lexus meet.First by making multiple meets around north america.
First we are only in the Toronto area so it kinds of ends with us since we have started our own meet. What i wanted to to is take it to the next level by incorporationg the North east america meet and have our local Toronto meet on the same day. So at some point we can have Lexus meets around the country all at the same time.

I don;t care which club anyone belongs to as it doesn;t matter .

For those who have never been to a car meet it is basically a very casual meeting of people who become friends. You usually wash you car before and if applicable bring the family most meets i have been to usually have friends show up as families get bored rather easily if they don;t share your enthusiasm.
I usually co ordinate teh toyotantion meets for food which usually is a voted group thing.Normally it would make sense but even with them i have to tell them where to go or they will never make up there mind.
It is lots of fun to actually talk to owners and see if they have done anything and the differences in cars. The funniest part is you usually end up find out people live within 3 minutes of you. Also learn great car cleaning tips as you can see the results with your own eyes. No need to bring food ( unless you want to share with everyone )

here is a clip form the other thread, incase no one else saw it.:

Well, it looks like the setup and organization of this event is well under way and has thus far been getting very positive feedback from both the Lexus and BMW ends! DGOT20s introduced the idea of inviting the great folks over at MBWorld and other MB forums, making this a Tri-Hybrid meet! We believe no other meet of this kind has ever existed, so this will surely be a first one for the NE crew

It appears that everyone who has responded on all forums so far are leaning toward Sunday, April 25th, starting around 1:00 PM (fashionably late-comers are always welcome) So that's what we'll post as official right now. Here's all the mandatory info:

DATE & TIME:
Sunday, April 25th. Arrive @ 1:00 PM (earlier or later, but don't be too late)

Ok so i think we should have a meet at the same time and date as our southern counterparts.
Sound good? let me know.
Old 04-01-04, 10:49 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by skperformance
I suggested to Hameed that we start by making this an international lexus meet.First by making multiple meets around north america.
First we are only in the Toronto area so it kinds of ends with us since we have started our own meet. What i wanted to to is take it to the next level by incorporationg the North east america meet and have our local Toronto meet on the same day. So at some point we can have Lexus meets around the country all at the same time.

I don;t care which club anyone belongs to as it doesn;t matter .

Ok so i think we should have a meet at the same time and date as our southern counterparts.
Sound good? let me know.
Yes that sounds very good! I like this idea very much. If you don't mind organizing this meet, please do so and I would be more than willing to help out any way I can. Just let me know.
Old 04-01-04, 10:55 AM
TO_SC300
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy April?!

Don't agree with Apr 25, still bloody cold up here. I know I won't have my summer tires even on at that point due to last year's snowfall in May! (rear wheel drive with low profile racing tires does not mix well with snow... even a few cm). I like the end of may dates I was seeing in the other posts tho. My 2 cents.
Old 04-01-04, 10:59 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

I would like to have more than one meet
just this being the first.
Old 04-01-04, 11:06 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by skperformance
I would like to have more than one meet
just this being the first.
I like that idea. I think having at least 2 to 3 meets over the course of spring, summer and fall is good.
Old 04-19-04, 09:11 PM
shlounek
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Windsorrite over here

June and July are good times to have meets, will bring down my SC300 5 speed by that time I should also have the new mods done to the car yayyy.

Ali

Quick Reply: Let's plan for a first Canada Lexus meet!!