Canada For events in Canada.

Let's plan for a first Canada Lexus meet!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-03, 05:45 PM
apanju
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

July 19th is good with me. I prefer staying more in the city boundries then all the way to Niagara....but will go if all agree
Old 06-05-03, 01:03 PM
TO_SC300
Driver School Candidate

Cool Meet?

Sorry... haven't visited for a little while. Some bastard rear-ended my baby and I've tried to keep my mind of lexus for the past little while. I have to make due with a C240 Mercedes rental... no ballz, narrow wheelbase... but smooth. I'll have my baby back for the meet though.

Anyhow, I'm in the same boat. I'd prefer if it was a local drive, I'm usually really tight for time on the weekends, but I'd do Niagara if everyone else does. Of course, you know it's busy as %^@^$# on the weekends on that stretch of road and you do get the mist off the falls... messin' up the new wash ...
Old 06-05-03, 09:24 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Hameed for the call today.. We'll hook up tomorrow..

Ok as for this meet I like the idea of the Niagara Parkway or if we don't want to go all the way to Niagara which would be cool to have a convoy of Lexus cars heading down the QEW we can perhaps do the Toronto waterfront instead.. If we do the Niagara run we can all meet at Krispy Kreme before we head out that way..

Middle of July should be good unless business gets crazy again.. Slow right now.. Market is a bit soft all over..

Ken
Old 06-06-03, 02:56 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

I love the responses we are getting!

There's a lot of enthusiasm from the IS guys - see the responses to this meet here http://www.isimpression.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1519

And here are the responses to the meet on ToyotaNation.com - http://www.toyotanation.com/showthre...threadid=16813

As far as location goes, it seems the majority so far favour something closer to the GTA. Maybe for this first meet we should organize something closer to the GTA and then perhaps for the next meet we can do the Niagara Parkway thing.

Two suggestions for scenic drives/locations in the GTA - Toronto Waterfront and or Lakeshore by CNE.

Let's vote and decide what our route should be. I am not very familiar with Toronto, so maybe TO_SC300, you can suggest something here in terms of a good restaurant with a patio and perhaps a route to take for the drive. Just imagine a convoy of perhaps 20 cars ( ES300's, IS300's and GS's) cruising down the QEW to Toronto.

Let's pick a date!! I suggested some weekends in July, so let's narrow it down. How about July 12th?
Old 06-17-03, 12:54 PM
chincster
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys,

What about meeting during some events in T.O.

July 5/6 - Darknights Nationals at the Markham Fairgrounds
Aug 16 - ImportFest at Skydome

Just putting my 2 cents..

lates,

cHiNcStEr
'93 LS400
Old 06-17-03, 01:19 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by chincster
Hey guys,

What about meeting during some events in T.O.

July 5/6 - Darknights Nationals at the Markham Fairgrounds
Aug 16 - ImportFest at Skydome
I think this is an excellent suggestion - who else is up for this? Let's vote guys!
Old 06-17-03, 03:56 PM
TO_SC300
Driver School Candidate

Cool Meetin'

STILL don't have my lexus back... jesus.

I'm up for just meeting and then heading out for a drive, I've never been too keen on the import shows. Something about that Civic mentality... dunno.

Anyhow, meeting. Downtown Toronto sucks for parking... large, and that's the part of Toronto I'm familiar with. So, I'd suggest we meet out somewhere around 427/QEW, there's a few places around Queensway/427 (Sherway Gardens area?). Someone familiar with Mississauga suggest somewhere with parking/patio near there. Then we cruise down QEW into Toronto, and then follow the lakeshore. On Sundays, the Docks (Lakeshore/Cherry st) has a party that goes from dawn till dusk, loads of silicon and muscleheads but hey, we're sporting Lexuses, there's plenty of parking and they've got HUGE patio setup right on the lake. There's just something about good beats, large breasts, cold beer and a sunny day. We can grab a beer and relax for an hour, maybe hit a few ***** on their driving range/mini putt/pool tables. After that, get back on Lakeshore and cruise down the east side of the beaches (Ashbridges bay, etc) and end the day somewhere that serves ice cream We'll get to pimp Mississauga, Toronto and the beaches.

As for dates... any Sunday in July that's Sunny.. July 13 is good. Traffic is calmer on Sundays in the city, everyone seems to go up the 400/404 pipes to cottage country, so that's my vote for a day.
Old 06-18-03, 02:20 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Default Re: Meetin'

Originally posted by TO_SC300
Anyhow, meeting. Downtown Toronto sucks for parking... large, and that's the part of Toronto I'm familiar with. So, I'd suggest we meet out somewhere around 427/QEW, there's a few places around Queensway/427 (Sherway Gardens area?). Someone familiar with Mississauga suggest somewhere with parking/patio near there. Then we cruise down QEW into Toronto, and then follow the lakeshore. On Sundays, the Docks (Lakeshore/Cherry st) has a party that goes from dawn till dusk, loads of silicon and muscleheads but hey, we're sporting Lexuses, there's plenty of parking and they've got HUGE patio setup right on the lake. There's just something about good beats, large breasts, cold beer and a sunny day. We can grab a beer and relax for an hour, maybe hit a few ***** on their driving range/mini putt/pool tables. After that, get back on Lakeshore and cruise down the east side of the beaches (Ashbridges bay, etc) and end the day somewhere that serves ice cream We'll get to pimp Mississauga, Toronto and the beaches.

As for dates... any Sunday in July that's Sunny.. July 13 is good. Traffic is calmer on Sundays in the city, everyone seems to go up the 400/404 pipes to cottage country, so that's my vote for a day.
Square One shopping mall is a good place to meet up!

I like your suggestions overall - the only possible downer that I can think of is that I want my family to come with me - wife and two boys (6 and 4), a family thing really.

All other members, please vote on TO_SC300's suggestions so that we can finalize the details!
Old 06-19-03, 03:24 PM
SPORTS
Driver

As far as Sundays in July go, all are fine for me except the 20th. Reading the responses it seems that everybody has varied ideas. I will go anywhere since I am the most removed from everyone else in the GTA. If you are looking for a "scenic" drive I would recommend Guelph Line road going from Burlington to Campbelville (ends right at the 401). By scenic I mean lots of beautiful countryside, the road is winding and works its way through many hills and valleys. The end destination has a pub with an outdoor patio in a more rustic setting. This would be great for a fun drive and a quite place to sit and socialize but if you are looking to get noticed and have lots of action around than the Lakeshore and waterfront locale will satisfy those requests. I am flexible but I also wanted to contribute my 2 cents.

Mario
Old 06-23-03, 09:54 PM
sc4canada
Lead Lap

Unhappy will try to attend.....

someone keyed my baby pretty badly..... feeling a litle self concious showing up with that scratch on the hood and the other little probs i've been seeing (body work needed nothing too major just paint $$$$ and rear driver's quater panel replaced $$$$$)...... tuition has to to wait i guess lol weekends aren't that good for me but who cares if i miss this meet i'll probably show up at the next with the car looking as it should be.. so when the date and place is final post a message or pm me.
Old 06-24-03, 06:49 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Default Re: will try to attend.....

Originally posted by sc4canada
someone keyed my baby pretty badly..... feeling a litle self concious showing up with that scratch on the hood and the other little probs i've been seeing (body work needed nothing too major just paint $$$$ and rear driver's quater panel replaced $$$$$)...... tuition has to to wait i guess lol weekends aren't that good for me but who cares if i miss this meet i'll probably show up at the next with the car looking as it should be.. so when the date and place is final post a message or pm me.
Sorry to hear about that man!!

Come out to this meet on June 30th https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=86114 if you can.

Last edited by Hameed; 06-24-03 at 07:25 AM.
Old 06-25-03, 05:19 PM
apanju
Rookie

Lets meet up at Lakeshore that same night as opposed to Square 1. I think the atmosphere at Lakseshore would be a lot more conducive..There is an Breyers Ice cream joint..ample parking and the lae to sit back and chill out. What do you guys think. How many people co0ming so far. Hameed I think your kids would prefer this location to a parking lot at Square 1. Drive is lot more scenic at Lakeshore too. Just my 2 cents. Let confiorm all this up soon.
Old 06-27-03, 11:53 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Hey Ali,

You are confusing two separate meets here. The IS300 meet is meeting up at Square 1 and then driving down to Lakeshore.

Look in the Canada meets forum to see what I am referring to.

On this thread, nothing has been finalized yet............
Old 01-23-04, 11:09 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

You can add me if you wouldn't mind

2001 ES 300 with AVS package, tint, HID. Please keep me informed on date(s) & locations.
Old 01-24-04, 05:03 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by Lexusfreak
You can add me if you wouldn't mind

2001 ES 300 with AVS package, tint, HID. Please keep me informed on date(s) & locations.
Glad to see another enthusiastic member!! Let's organize a meet in the early summer. There are quite a few members who would love to get together!!

Quick Reply: Let's plan for a first Canada Lexus meet!!