Canada For events in Canada.

Hello from PEI

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-16, 01:41 PM
IslandLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hello from PEI

I'm the proud owner of a 92 LS400. Previous owner had it 20 years. Never saw snow and was always stored in a heated garage. Sadly the original owner had a bunch of "bling" added to it when it was new including one of those Landau roofs. Not a big fan of the roof but I'll live with it for now. Car has 280k on it and I can't get over how clean it is. A few pics:

This has to be the cleanest 280000km engine compartment I've ever seen

Spoiler, wheel trim, grille etc all added when the car was new. I think the bill was something like $2500 US!

Seller said no one has sat in the back seat since he owned it.

The car drives like new. Needless to say there aren't many Lexus' here in Prince Edward Island. They were never sold here. Anyone else from Atlantic Canada?
I also just picked up a parts car. It has 465000k and runs good! This one came from Calgary. Great sheet metal.
If anyone needs anything let me know.

Todd
Old 11-06-16, 03:42 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

Received 301 Likes on 237 Posts

Welcome! Very cool LS. There aren't many that people have put fabric tops on. Looks great inside and out.

Your parts car also doesn't look bad! What's wrong with it? It wouldn't make a bad winter car. Even if I was interested in some parts from your car, shipping costs would be killer to get it to the States.

EDIT: Just as a side note, the previous owner of your beige/gold LS has the wheels on backwards. They were actually designed to be directional to aid with brake cooling. I would suggest changing the sides the wheels are on the next time you rotate the tires, so they match the orientation on your parts car.

Last edited by CELSI0R; 11-06-16 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-06-16, 03:51 PM
IslandLS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the welcome. The roof is one of those "love it or hate it" things. I'm on the fence. Huge job to remove though. As for the blue LS, I just brought it home and haven't really looked too deep into it. Lots of warning lights on and it needs a boost to start so I assume the alternator is bad. AC compressor has been bypassed. Radio isn't working (yet). It has the Nakamichi system with trunk mounted CD player. It also has the cell phone. I'm also going to bring home another 92 this week (also blue) that apparently is stuck in 2nd gear. If it's not a simple wiring or solenoid fix I may swap the transmission out of this one and drive it in the winter.
Thanks for the heads up on the wheels!
Old 11-06-16, 08:54 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

With regards to the roof, I would just leave it at this point. Who knows how the body and the paint look under it now. It's one of those out of sight, out of mind things.

It's very cool that you're going to have 3 1990-1992 LS 400s! Especially in PEI. Sounds like the first parts car you have will be a good resource for both your gold and other blue LS cars. Definitely would be good to hold on to, for that purpose. If you're not familiar with it, sites such as LexLS.com are good maintenance resources for 1st gen owners.

Also, this thread might get some more attention from other LS owners, if you ask the moderators to move it to the forum for 1st and 2nd Gen LS 400s. Totally up to you, though.
Old 11-07-16, 02:57 AM
IslandLS
Driver School Candidate

If the moderators would move this thread that would be great. Also, maybe I'm blind but I could not find a classified area for 1st gen LS. I see there was a classified area for every other model of Lexus. I'd like to post some parts for sale when the time comes.
Old 11-10-16, 05:11 PM
IslandLS
Driver School Candidate

Picked up 92 LS400 number three this week. Good solid car with a few bumps and bruises. Runs like a champ. I figure I can build one good one from the pair and use it as a winter car or sell.

The following users liked this post:
CELSI0R (10-28-17)
Old 10-28-17, 07:10 PM
CELSI0R
Racer

Just checked in on this thread nearly a year later. Why not try to refresh both, if applicable? Heh.

This is very cool news - how has your progress been?

I highly recommend you create a new thread for future updates in the forum for 1st and 2nd Gen LS 400s, so other members can hear about your work.