Canada For events in Canada.

Ordering cat back exhaust systems in Canada

Old 03-28-16, 04:11 PM
ottawa2is
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering cat back exhaust systems in Canada

Hi all, I live in Ottawa and I'm looking to order a cat back exhaust system for my 2007 Lexus IS 250. I've found good products on ebay but they all ship from the USA. Any recommendations on ordering exhaust systems in Canada to avoid exchanging currency, shipping, custom fees, etc? Ideally I could order from someone in Ottawa, but I'd be willing to pay for shipping within Canada for sure.
Old 08-14-16, 12:10 PM
Austin250
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ottawa2is
Hi all, I live in Ottawa and I'm looking to order a cat back exhaust system for my 2007 Lexus IS 250. I've found good products on ebay but they all ship from the USA. Any recommendations on ordering exhaust systems in Canada to avoid exchanging currency, shipping, custom fees, etc? Ideally I could order from someone in Ottawa, but I'd be willing to pay for shipping within Canada for sure.
I'm in the same boat, I'm living in Brampton Ontario and am looking for an exhaust to give my 2011 is250 a better sound but mainly everything I find online either only ships to the U.S or will come with crazy fees.. Did you manage to find anything? If so give me a shout id definitely be interested
Old 08-14-16, 01:43 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Received 148 Likes on 90 Posts

You guys can always try JRP in Mississauga. They carry a lot of aftermarket manufacturers stuff and might be able to locate what your after.
Old 08-14-16, 02:43 PM
him101
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not a fan of borla and wanted a joe z Catback.. No one can get them here in the GTA so I ordered mine online. Love the sound. Most of the ones available in Canada are borla but I'm sure some guys can get you what you want just call different places.
Old 08-15-16, 11:18 AM
ToDesi
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm looking for JoeZ axle back, I'll wait until Black Friday
Old 08-16-16, 07:32 PM
him101
Driver

Originally Posted by ToDesi
I'm looking for JoeZ axle back, I'll wait until Black Friday
Yeah the conversion in dollars sucked, but no one can really get it here in Toronto, so i ordered it from the states. The vendor gave me his best possible price and it seemed like the price around other vendors too
Old 08-17-16, 12:54 PM
Jlin89
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by him101
Yeah the conversion in dollars sucked, but no one can really get it here in Toronto, so i ordered it from the states. The vendor gave me his best possible price and it seemed like the price around other vendors too
Care to share the vendor info?
Old 08-18-16, 07:37 AM
3nergiz3d
Intermediate

Received 53 Likes on 49 Posts

It sucks for car parts to come into Canada, but pay to play right?
Old 08-18-16, 11:13 AM
him101
Driver

Originally Posted by Jlin89
Care to share the vendor info?
Yessir, it was modinjapan, lou will take care of you.

I havent been hit with duties yet, mind you ive herd it takes 7-21 days for fedex to charge you, hopefully i passed through un noticed haha
Old 08-18-16, 11:30 AM
brendanf
Advanced

Yessir, it was modinjapan, lou will take care of you.

I havent been hit with duties yet, mind you ive herd it takes 7-21 days for fedex to charge you, hopefully i passed through un noticed haha
You might not have anything to worry about. For me anyway, it seems stuff that is made in the USA I haven't paid duties on. Even stuff from China.

It is weird. If you used UPS you would get raped by them
Old 08-18-16, 04:24 PM
him101
Driver

Originally Posted by brendanf
You might not have anything to worry about. For me anyway, it seems stuff that is made in the USA I haven't paid duties on. Even stuff from China.

It is weird. If you used UPS you would get raped by them
Yeah i got sent a takeda intake through ups and i regret it, paid the us conversion then 116 bucks duties through ups.. fedex hasnt charged me for anything yet which is wicked
Old 08-18-16, 05:01 PM
brendanf
Advanced

Yeah i got sent a takeda intake through ups and i regret it, paid the us conversion then 116 bucks duties through ups.. fedex hasnt charged me for anything yet which is wicked
Yeah I learned many years ago to never use UPS the hard way. They even sent me to a collection agency when they were in the wrong. I won't even deal with merchants who ship UPS only. Good ol' Canada Post or FedEX for me.
Old 08-18-16, 07:39 PM
tylon
Driver School Candidate

How much was that Joe z exhaust if u don't mind me asking??
Old 08-19-16, 10:08 AM
him101
Driver

Originally Posted by brendanf
Yeah I learned many years ago to never use UPS the hard way. They even sent me to a collection agency when they were in the wrong. I won't even deal with merchants who ship UPS only. Good ol' Canada Post or FedEX for me.
Yeah i paid the fee from ups (had to) and my delivery guy always stops to chat.. Ups is usually alright with most orders. Fedex has charged me in the past when ive ordered superhero statues that were pretty big and heavy.. using fed ex is weird though, i get calls saying im receiving a package and there will be duties on it but i havent been charged yet so not sure what happens, unless theyre just warning me but there really isnt anything lol
Old 08-19-16, 10:11 AM
him101
Driver

Originally Posted by tylon
How much was that Joe z exhaust if u don't mind me asking??
I got it for what everyone offers it for but since they had some promo going on before i got $50 off so i ended up paying i think $1750.00 or so canadian

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ordering cat back exhaust systems in Canada