Canada For events in Canada.

Anyone know of a decent mechanical repair shop in Edmonton?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-15, 12:52 PM
nuck
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know of a decent mechanical repair shop in Edmonton?

I would like to cost compare with the dealers charges as I have no warranty. If you did have work done elsewhere, what was it? Thanks for any responses.
Old 02-12-15, 02:31 PM
TehTee
Driver School Candidate

I know how ya feel man. If you absolutely must go to dealership, I recommend South Pointe. Otherwise, do NOT go there. Rip offs and the prices are absolutely nuts. I can recommend you 2 different shops depending on what you need done. They are VERY reasonably priced too.
Old 02-16-15, 09:25 AM
nuck
Driver School Candidate

The previous owner serviced at South Point and my wife bought her M35h there so I am familiar with them, but as you say the cost of dealing with a dealer for non warranty usually makes no sense. I do have to see if they will recode a used key fob for me as this is a dealer only thing though.

My current issue has to do with the heater servo. Not enough air hitting your feet or the w/s when the setting is to blow there on "high". It becomes quite noticeable below -20. The dealer actually looked at it for me and swapped out the cabin air filter because they said it was soaked and impeding the flow, but to me there just isn't enough air moving, even though the fan blows hard on the full defrost setting. I suspect the internal flaps aren't properly directing the air flow and it is getting diffused through multiple channels so limited peak flow. That seems like a servo issue, based on other posts on this board. I will hunt down another GS350 to compare the flow rate but based on my wife's Infiniti and other cars I have owned this can't be right.

So I guess my first need would be for a shop that can do work on the in dash gadgetry like the heater, trunk remote etc. Any positive experiences would be good to hear.