Canada For events in Canada.

IS-F owners with HKS SSM

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-15, 08:45 AM
j3ff
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Default IS-F owners with HKS SSM

Just wondering if anyone in the Vancouver area has this exhaust. I'm hoping to hear it in person before I decide to go this route. Thanks guys.
Old 01-22-15, 01:39 AM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 324 Likes on 140 Posts

sounds like it would sound amazing real life...
Old 01-22-15, 09:31 PM
j3ff
Advanced

Yeah and that video sounds the best compared to others. Just figured I'd hear it in person. I wouldn't mind hearing the PTS also.
Old 02-01-16, 10:46 AM
Piciu
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

I would like to hear just HKS SSM muffer - one 1 poor video on YT, could anybody with this exhaust share it please?
Old 06-13-16, 01:21 PM
BJM2014
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running the JoeyZ and love it!
Old 06-24-16, 05:07 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Hey bud, i happen to purchase the HKS exhaust as soon as i get my GoPro cam back i would gladly make a vid of the exhaust tone just axle back, when i get my PPE headers install would make another vid after, then debating what to do with the mid-pipe. But i'll be making few videos with every set i go with to hear the difference. This is what it looks like underneath

Old 08-09-16, 07:48 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

hey guys sorry for the late Video. been really busy with work and my son but i managed to make a short video of a cold start and a few short revs. not the best video but you get the idea of how it sounds just the Axle back. waiting to get my PPE headers installed and a midpipe.

Old 08-10-16, 05:54 AM
j3ff
Advanced

Sounds awesome man. Thanks for keeping us up to date. I noticed you're looking for the original HKS mid pipe. I'm running it except the resonator was cut out by the last owner. I can tell you it still sounds amazing though. Maybe slightly more raw compared to your video.
Old 08-10-16, 07:27 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by j3ff
Sounds awesome man. Thanks for keeping us up to date. I noticed you're looking for the original HKS mid pipe. I'm running it except the resonator was cut out by the last owner. I can tell you it still sounds amazing though. Maybe slightly more raw compared to your video.
You're welcome bro. glad i can chime in with some videos. Next would be what to do with the midpipes if i cant come across the HKS midpipe. i saw a 3" midpipe section for our car on Ebay, but i dont know if i should go 3" or stay 2.5" in pipe diameter. Here's a link to how it looks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS-F-M...dXKBMh&vxp=mtr
Old 08-10-16, 07:55 PM
BJM2014
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am in Vancouver and dont have that exhaust but do have the Joez one love it.

Just wondering if anyone in the Vancouver area has this exhaust. I'm hoping to hear it in person before I decide to go this route. Thanks guys.
Old 08-10-16, 10:58 PM
j3ff
Advanced

Originally Posted by St4nc3
You're welcome bro. glad i can chime in with some videos. Next would be what to do with the midpipes if i cant come across the HKS midpipe. i saw a 3" midpipe section for our car on Ebay, but i dont know if i should go 3" or stay 2.5" in pipe diameter. Here's a link to how it looks.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lexus-IS-F-M...dXKBMh&vxp=mtr
$620 seems a bit steep. I would probably stay with 2.5" just to reduce drone. I don't believe you'll gain any performance with 3". Also, If you don't need your oem mid pipe, I'd bring it to a shop and have them cut out the cats and resonator. Might be the cheapest option and you'll achieve the same thing. My HKS mid pipe with resonator removed sounds very similar to the link in post #2.

Originally Posted by BJM2014
I am in Vancouver and dont have that exhaust but do have the Joez one love it.
Thanks man but I've already bought the HKS last year . Come out to the next meet though; wouldn't mind hearing a Joe Z.
Old 08-11-16, 05:55 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

$620 seems a bit steep. I would probably stay with 2.5" just to reduce drone. I don't believe you'll gain any performance with 3". Also, If you don't need your oem mid pipe, I'd bring it to a shop and have them cut out the cats and resonator. Might be the cheapest option and you'll achieve the same thing. My HKS mid pipe with resonator removed sounds very similar to the link in post #2.

Thanks man but I've already bought the HKS last year . Come out to the next meet though; wouldn't mind hearing a Joe Z.
Yeah you might be right. But i was thinking about the 3" piping because i got the PPe headers being installed in a few weeks, but i guess i'll stick to 2.5" pipes then. I didnt want to touch the oem midpipe incase i decide to go back to OEM. Does anyone knkw if the is350 Invidia midpipe aligns with the ISF midpipe.
Old 08-15-16, 11:10 PM
j3ff
Advanced

^^from what I've read on the forums, it doesn't look like it'll fit. The oem isx50 and is-f mid pipes are not interchangeable.
Old 08-16-16, 05:15 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

^^from what I've read on the forums, it doesn't look like it'll fit. The oem isx50 and is-f mid pipes are not interchangeable.
Yeah i know they arent interchangeable, only because one is 6 cylendar and our car is 8, but i was talking about where the midpipe attaches to the headres. are the flange welded in the same position or all ISx models flanges lined up differently. ?
Old 08-16-16, 02:11 PM
him101
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds nice, gonna be a beast with the ppes. i want the ppes on mine, just worried itll be too loud and emissions in a few years pretty pricey to install and take em off

Quick Reply: IS-F owners with HKS SSM