Canada For events in Canada.

IS-F owners with HKS SSM

Old 08-16-16, 02:22 PM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by him101
sounds nice, gonna be a beast with the ppes. i want the ppes on mine, just worried itll be too loud and emissions in a few years pretty pricey to install and take em off
Thanks bro. i cant wait to see how the sound changes with the headers on. and the secondary cats removed. BTW i dont think PPE headers and JoeZ' PTS exhaust is all that loud. heres a vid i found on Youtube for you to listen. disregard the over excited girl. lol. sounds like my son when i start the car lol.

Old 08-16-16, 02:52 PM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

This is the sort of sound i'm trying to achieve.
His Setup:
Novel Equal Length Headers
HKS SSM Catback
Catless/Resonator-less Custom Midpipe

Old 08-16-16, 07:37 PM
him101
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by St4nc3
Thanks bro. i cant wait to see how the sound changes with the headers on. and the secondary cats removed. BTW i dont think PPE headers and JoeZ' PTS exhaust is all that loud. heres a vid i found on Youtube for you to listen. disregard the over excited girl. lol. sounds like my son when i start the car lol.

2011 Lexus IS-F PPE Headers with PTS Joe Z Exhaust - YouTube
It sounds so nice more worried about emissions testing though.. Then to changed it back and forth every year after words is gonna be a headache and alot of cash..

This is still my all time fave video of the combo together
Old 08-16-16, 09:02 PM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

It sounds so nice more worried about emissions testing though.. Then to changed it back and forth every year after words is gonna be a headache and alot of cash..

This is still my all time fave video of the combo together
PPE Headers Joe Z Exhaust Lexus ISF - YouTube
thats a good hard acceleration lol, def sounds sick. I believe you can add welded on high flow cats after the headers but not sure how strick is your state with emission, out here in NYS they dont care about emission lol.
Old 08-18-16, 11:16 AM
him101
Driver

thats a good hard acceleration lol, def sounds sick. I believe you can add welded on high flow cats after the headers but not sure how strick is your state with emission, out here in NYS they dont care about emission lol.
Yeah im not too sure, i really wanted them, maybe one day. but my cars a 12 and emissions will be here in 2-3 years so i still have time if i decide to get em, just might be costly and im not sure how tough they are with stuff like that.. atleast i can use that money to get the toms side and front lips haha
Old 08-18-16, 01:37 PM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Yeah im not too sure, i really wanted them, maybe one day. but my cars a 12 and emissions will be here in 2-3 years so i still have time if i decide to get em, just might be costly and im not sure how tough they are with stuff like that.. atleast i can use that money to get the toms side and front lips haha
well at least its enough time to enjoy the car with headers and exhaust. but i def agree in a state where emission checks are require its hardly not worth all the trouble of back and fourth swaps between headers. Love the Tom's spoilers. trying to get my hands on the rear bumper diffuser first and some carbon sides as well. although i'm starting to see the Toms kit being replicated by some shops and guys i rather stick to the Authentic parts.
Old 08-18-16, 04:26 PM
him101
Driver

well at least its enough time to enjoy the car with headers and exhaust. but i def agree in a state where emission checks are require its hardly not worth all the trouble of back and fourth swaps between headers. Love the Tom's spoilers. trying to get my hands on the rear bumper diffuser first and some carbon sides as well. although i'm starting to see the Toms kit being replicated by some shops and guys i rather stick to the Authentic parts.
yeah exactly. i just ordered the rear diffuser and side skirts, pretty excited
Old 08-19-16, 05:16 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

yeah exactly. i just ordered the rear diffuser and side skirts, pretty excited
nice congrats on your new parts. I'm going to order mine next week through ModInJapan.
Old 08-19-16, 10:07 AM
him101
Driver

nice congrats on your new parts. I'm going to order mine next week through ModInJapan.
not bad, i might order the throttle control we'll see though. Might wait on my front lip since summers almost up here in toronto. maybe ill get a few more things for the f before she goes away but im almost done my make over anyway.
Old 08-19-16, 10:15 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

not bad, i might order the throttle control we'll see though. Might wait on my front lip since summers almost up here in toronto. maybe ill get a few more things for the f before she goes away but im almost done my make over anyway.
lol, sux to see shes not your year around DD, as my F will see 365days of weather. i think i'm going with the Car treat 3" mid Pipes. someone here on CL has is with the borla axle back and he stated they sound awesome paired up together. i might just *** resonator to the mix just to get rid of any drone of raspiness i might encounter. I'll keep posting pic and Video along the way if anyone else would like to go this route with their mid pipes and see if in fact increases some Ponies after the headers, MidPipe, HKS exhaust and RR-Racing's tune and intake upgrade.
Old 08-19-16, 05:37 PM
him101
Driver

lol, sux to see shes not your year around DD, as my F will see 365days of weather. i think i'm going with the Car treat 3" mid Pipes. someone here on CL has is with the borla axle back and he stated they sound awesome paired up together. i might just *** resonator to the mix just to get rid of any drone of raspiness i might encounter. I'll keep posting pic and Video along the way if anyone else would like to go this route with their mid pipes and see if in fact increases some Ponies after the headers, MidPipe, HKS exhaust and RR-Racing's tune and intake upgrade.
Very nice buddy, keep us all posted. I just dont drive it in the winter so i maintain the body better and plus i save on insurance right.. i have a dodge ram 1500 i use for work and drive in the winter haha
Old 08-20-16, 04:41 AM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Very nice buddy, keep us all posted. I just dont drive it in the winter so i maintain the body better and plus i save on insurance right.. i have a dodge ram 1500 i use for work and drive in the winter haha
yeah will do once its on the car. Ohh ok. I might do the same since my Fiance has an Accord we use her's most of the winter l, hows the ram in the winter. I doubt its any better then my work truck traction wise.
Old 08-24-16, 07:21 PM
him101
Driver

yeah will do once its on the car. Ohh ok. I might do the same since my Fiance has an Accord we use her's most of the winter l, hows the ram in the winter. I doubt its any better then my work truck traction wise.
its not too shabby, use it for construction so it gets the job done.. threw some wheels on it, but thats about it. i cant stand american cars but it was one of the few pick ups i didnt mind. not lifting it or any of that, not into that jazz
Old 09-17-16, 10:09 PM
St4nc3
Lead Lap

Just installed CarTreats 3" midpipe secondary cats and resonator deleted, onto my HKS SSM axle back.

The following users liked this post:
RJMacReady (08-05-23)