Canada For events in Canada.

Sewell Lexus no longer shipping to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-14, 02:30 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by L0ngJ0hn
Typical Canada getting the @ss end of the stick. I will now go out of my way to do my shopping in the states.
Same here... unless a Canadian dealer actually starts doing what Sewell does.

It's another stupid decision from Lexus, since Acura, Infiniti, BMW, etc can all order their OEM parts from the states and have it delivered to their door steps (IN CANADA!)
Old 10-30-14, 01:24 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is too bad. I have purchased many items from them in the past and would have the items at my door within 4 days at a great discount. Call Lexus of Watertown in Massachusetts. Here is a link to my experience with them.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...achusetts.html

Last edited by Compthis; 10-30-14 at 01:31 PM.
Old 10-30-14, 01:57 PM
lexmoose
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GeorgeR
Apparently, Lexus of London (Ontario) is the next best bet, well that's what Sewell told me.
Thanks, just sent an inquiry. If the price match Sewell (including shipping, duty, taxes), Ill be happy.
Old 10-30-14, 04:46 PM
FSportIS
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sewell sells stuff way cheaper than many many local Lexus dealerships in the US too lol and many of the forum members get parts from Sewell too. I wish all dealerships would offer great price like Sewell does lol.
Old 10-30-14, 07:30 PM
cgawelko
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rockauto still does and better prices. But I will say, find someone in the states you TRUST and ship the stuff to them, and have them flat rate international ship it to you. Most shipping in the US can be done for free over a certain $ amount, so it could be worth while.
Old 10-31-14, 04:45 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Originally Posted by lchouinard
Thanks, just sent an inquiry. If the price match Sewell (including shipping, duty, taxes), Ill be happy.
Post up their response, if you don't mind.

Just an FYI, Sewell's price is the exact same as employee pricing here in Canada. So technically speaking, any Canadian dealer can do it, they just choose not to...
Old 10-31-14, 04:48 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Another thing to note is that Canadian dealers usually have an annual F Sport sale (equal or less to Sewell's prices), I'll keep an eye out for the exact date for the 1 week sale.

I was also looking forward to Sewell's Holiday sale...
Old 11-01-14, 09:55 PM
IS250Vic
Driver

Originally Posted by GeorgeR
Another thing to note is that Canadian dealers usually have an annual F Sport sale (equal or less to Sewell's prices), I'll keep an eye out for the exact date for the 1 week sale.

I was also looking forward to Sewell's Holiday sale...
Is this sale Canada-wide, or specific to only a few major dealerships? I've gone to the Lexus dealership here in Victoria, BC asking about the sale and they did not seem to know what i was talking about, hehe
Old 11-03-14, 01:36 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Originally Posted by IS250Vic
Is this sale Canada-wide, or specific to only a few major dealerships? I've gone to the Lexus dealership here in Victoria, BC asking about the sale and they did not seem to know what i was talking about, hehe
Lexus Spinelli and Lexus Laval have this annual sale and those are the only 2 dealers that I go to locally.
Old 11-14-14, 12:32 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

it's probably just canadian dealerships are complaining about customers wanting a price match to Sewell's price
in their defence, dealers here have a much higher cost than dealers in the US from corporate
in our defence, we're just trying to save money

this reminds me of when discount tire direct stopped shipping Nitto to Canada due to Kal Tire complaining (since they're the distributor for Nitto here)
Old 11-14-14, 12:41 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

we can always ship to buffalo and pickup there, it's still cheaper than shipping to our doorsteps up north
Old 11-27-14, 08:24 AM
MidniteGX
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by reyoasian
we can always ship to buffalo and pickup there, it's still cheaper than shipping to our doorsteps up north
Another option for those non-proprietary Lexus/Toyota parts is using 1sttoyotaparts.com. They also distribute and sell just for Canada and their prices are good.

Since the Sewell option has dried up I'll be shipping to the border and picking up. Next thing we need is a stronger currency against the US buck.
Old 11-30-14, 02:28 PM
newgsman
Instructor

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

There's a new UPS store in Hogansburg NY,just over the bridge from Cornwall. Used it last week they are taking Canadian at par right now so it's $5 CDN to receive a package.
Old 12-01-14, 09:30 AM
lslex09
Driver School Candidate

Just going to throw this out there.
I am in the freight industry and can probably get Sewell products up here if anyone is interested.
Old 12-02-14, 08:20 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Originally Posted by newgsman
There's a new UPS store in Hogansburg NY,just over the bridge from Cornwall. Used it last week they are taking Canadian at par right now so it's $5 CDN to receive a package.
Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply: Sewell Lexus no longer shipping to Canada