Canada For events in Canada.

Sewell Lexus no longer shipping to Canada

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-14, 12:03 AM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts
Default Sewell doesn't ship to Canada??

I was on their site for parts and as I was checking the price for the shipping, it says they don't ship outside the United States...

Since when did this change take place?? Does anybody know why?

If it's permanent, does anyone have a Canadian source for OEM parts at a discounted price?

Thanks!
Old 10-22-14, 11:08 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Default Does Sewell deliver to Canada??

I used to order parts from them in the past, actually just a few weeks ago without any issues, but now it states that they don't deliver to Canada... does any body know why??

Thanks in advance!
Old 10-23-14, 12:19 AM
hhss
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

They do but be prepared to pay an arm and a leg due to customs and shipping. I bought a set of 2012 led headlights during the black friday sale a couple years ago and it costed $2100 in total. $1700 for the headlights and the rest were taxes..and etc.

EDIT

disregard what I just said lol, i didn't even read your thread before typing that.

I'm also curious as to why.
Old 10-23-14, 06:38 AM
scott1256c
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I ordered something from them a month ago , shipping to Canada was an option, but I checked last night and it wasn't showing up in the drop down list.

Maybe they changed policy. Why don't you contact them to find out and then please post the reply here?
Old 10-23-14, 07:47 AM
vmichelle
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just last week I was checking out prices to ship to Canada - weird that it has changed. Granted, I was probably going to ship everything to my Aunt and then have here send it up. I just wanted a new 350 badge because mine is corroded and the shipping was insane - $85 on a $35 part...

On that note, (sorry to change the subject) does anyone know of a good site to order from that doesn't charge you for the soul of your first unborn child to ship to Canada?
Old 10-23-14, 08:09 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,125 Likes on 1,296 Posts

I've heard unofficially that Lexus Corporate has some new rules out related to US dealer Lexus parts sales and shipping internationally.
Old 10-23-14, 12:57 PM
Sylvan
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That sucks I was going to order some black chrome emblems from them.
Old 10-23-14, 01:02 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

I sent them an e-mail last night, I'll post up the response here.

Worse case I'll call next week. I'm glad I got most of my maintenance parts from them, but it still sucks knowing that I have to find something equivalent to them in Canada, which I highly doubt even exists...
Old 10-23-14, 01:31 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

From Sewell:

Hi George,

Thanks for writing.

Customers of Lexus products both in the United States and abroad are entitled to the highest level of warranty and service and the local dealer network is in the best position to provide such services.

Diversion of U.S. market Lexus products to a foreign market can severely distort vehicle production planning, warranty services and repairs and compromise dealership integrity.

Therefore, our policy to comply with our contractual commitments assisting Lexus achieve the highest sales and distribution performance for its products worldwide in their respective local markets means we can only offer our products and services domestically.

We apologize for this obvious inconvenience.
Old 10-24-14, 11:55 AM
lexmoose
Pole Position

Default Sewell Lexus no longer shipping to Canada

I was about to place an order for some parts and couldn't chose a Canadian shipping address anymore.

I sent an email to Sewell inquiring why the Canadian option was no longer available and this is the answer I've got.

Customers of Lexus products both in the United States and abroad are entitled to the highest level of warranty and service and the local dealer network is in the best position to provide such services.

Diversion of U.S. market Lexus products to a foreign market can severely distort vehicle production planning, warranty services and repairs and compromise dealership integrity.

Therefore, our policy to comply with our contractual commitments assisting Lexus achieve the highest sales and distribution performance for its products worldwide in their respective local markets we can only offer our products and services domestically.

We apologize for this obvious inconvenience
So my guess is that some Canadian dealers pressured Lexus/Sewell to stop selling parts to Canada... Saved almost 200$ for my motors mount using Sewell VS my local dealer, I guess Ill continue to have my stuff ship just across the border.
Old 10-24-14, 01:29 PM
Jordanf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn that's too bad, they have great prices. It looks like LexusPartsNow still ships to Canada
Old 10-24-14, 02:43 PM
lexmoose
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Jordanf
Damn that's too bad, they have great prices. It looks like LexusPartsNow still ships to Canada
I've just tried and even if they mention Canada when you select your car, at checkout there's only the option for US

and this

http://www.lexuspartsnow.com/Page_Pr...FaqDetailID=27
Old 10-25-14, 07:35 AM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

For my fellow Canadians,....ship it to CBI in Buffalo and go pick it up while you do your cross boarder shopping If you purchase allot of stuff from the US it may be worthwhile to setup an account as some organizations have free US shipping.

http://www.cbiusa.com/

Don't forget to pay your duties
Old 10-25-14, 05:09 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Originally Posted by lchouinard
I was about to place an order for some parts and couldn't chose a Canadian shipping address anymore.

I sent an email to Sewell inquiring why the Canadian option was no longer available and this is the answer I've got.

So my guess is that some Canadian dealers pressured Lexus/Sewell to stop selling parts to Canada... Saved almost 200$ for my motors mount using Sewell VS my local dealer, I guess Ill continue to have my stuff ship just across the border.
Apparently, Lexus of London (Ontario) is the next best bet, well that's what Sewell told me.
Old 10-26-14, 04:47 PM
L0ngJ0hn
Driver

Typical Canada getting the @ss end of the stick. I will now go out of my way to do my shopping in the states.

Quick Reply: Sewell Lexus no longer shipping to Canada