Canada For events in Canada.

not so "lifetime free oil change"

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-14, 07:35 AM
connan23
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not so "lifetime free oil change"

i guess i'm a rookie to lexus's free oil change but for those who never used this service fyi.
they will change air filter and one other filter "if" they are dirty no matter you want or not. they will charge premium for it so come prepared. you do not have a choice. change the filters before you go for free oil change. i guess they have to squeeze every penny out of you and make money somehow.
Old 10-07-14, 04:01 PM
JCWong
Rookie

Originally Posted by connan23
i guess i'm a rookie to lexus's free oil change but for those who never used this service fyi.
they will change air filter and one other filter "if" they are dirty no matter you want or not. they will charge premium for it so come prepared. you do not have a choice. change the filters before you go for free oil change. i guess they have to squeeze every penny out of you and make money somehow.
I brought mine in for a "free oil change" and I guess they tried to pull that air filter trick on me but they simply said "aftermarket air intakes cannot be checked" so I was lucky that time... thanks for sharing!
Old 10-08-14, 08:24 AM
BDSL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

How much did you pay for this "lifetime oil change"?

If it sounds too good to be truth, it is probably not true.
Old 10-11-14, 07:16 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah good ol fineprint
Old 10-30-14, 10:34 AM
connan23
Driver School Candidate

Just learned today. Watch out for those who doesn't know about this. I obviously didn't.
If you make an appointment for free oilchange, and they find your mileage is due for "Lexus maintenance Service " @ whatever mileage, you're in for a surprise~
310 dollars! for their maintenance service.
I said, I don't want that service because I have K/N air/cabin filters and breaks are fine and my uncle does the check ups for me. and the response was, you have no choice. you must get this 310 dollar service in order to get free oil change. MUST. or~ you can just pay 89 dollars for just oil change.
wow... what a useless "life time oil change"
Old 10-30-14, 01:44 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by connan23
Just learned today. Watch out for those who doesn't know about this. I obviously didn't.
If you make an appointment for free oilchange, and they find your mileage is due for "Lexus maintenance Service " @ whatever mileage, you're in for a surprise~
310 dollars! for their maintenance service.
I said, I don't want that service because I have K/N air/cabin filters and breaks are fine and my uncle does the check ups for me. and the response was, you have no choice. you must get this 310 dollar service in order to get free oil change. MUST. or~ you can just pay 89 dollars for just oil change.
wow... what a useless "life time oil change"
Id blow my top if this happened to me. Theft is all this is