Canada For events in Canada.

Downtown lexus bad experience.

Old 06-30-14, 06:40 AM
raslex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Downtown lexus bad experience.

Hello,

sorry for the long post but it's worth it and I thought I will share it with others to protect them, hopefully.

I am in the market for a new lexus 2014 Is250 and as usual am going to different dealers but downtown lexus is just awful. And they f**d up on both visits that I made to them which has caused me to lose trust in those crooks.

First bad impression:
I contacted them through online chat and requested for a 2014 IS350 RWD f-sport (initially that is what I was interested in and I was very specific about it). It was a wednesday and later they called me to come in on thursday. I had to drive from Mississauga to downtown around 7 pm. When I get there the sales guy takes me to basement and shows me a used 2013 Lexus IS250 with scratches on rims, fog light hanging. I was shocked and said that is not what I requested. He didn't even know about the hanging fog light!! Anyways he said sorry and blah blah and we started talking about the car I was looking for. We talked about numbers and finally I made an offer and requested for bi-weekly payments. He goes to his GM (the way they do) and comes back saying the GM says there is no bi-weekly. I said lexus has bi-weekly and probably the GM should check Lexus webiste's financing options. Anyways they didn't accept my offer and it was around 9 PM, and that is when they close.

The sales guy said to call him if i am getting another deal and he will beat it to which I said ok.

Second bad impression:
I did some research in the meantime and settled on getting a 2014 IS250 AWD f-sport prem pkg white on red. A week later I go to another dealer in Mississauga and made an offer and when the sales guy went to his GM for approval I called the Lexus of downtown to tell him about the deal I was having at mississauga lexus. The lexus of downtown sales guy says if it doesn't work out just come in and he will do it. At that point i went over with him probably three times on the exact car I wanted to which he said yes he has it.

The mississauga lexus sales guy comes back and says that they can't do the offer and I quickly jump in my car and drive to lexus of downtown. When I get there i am welcomed by the same sales guy, we go to basement (to his office), I do the initial and give him my credit card. He comes back saying they don't have the white on red.

At this point I felt really down! I mean come-on, over the phone i went over with this guy three times asking for the exact car I wanted and him confirming it and now when I drive there he tells me they don't have it?!? WTF!!!!! So I said ok well I will pick another color, mica red. He goes up again and comes back saying they don't have that either. What, seriously!!! So I said what do you have, and he says that have nebula gray but they have to drive that from another lexus dealer. And I didn't want the grey at all.

Then when I ask for my credit card back he comes back saying there will be one white on red coming into vancouver and there will be a shipping charge of $1000!!! Ah now I understood their trick and why they gave me such a good deal, because that extra $1000 they were shaving from the deal was gonna come like this, very smart.
That was gonna take at least a month and I would have to deposit $3000.

I said ok but I will have to deposit my car with them, since I was doing a trade-in and I mean what if after a month I go to pick up my lexus and they say oh we have to re-evalute your trade-in, or some other drama, like they have been doing.

I had my old man with me and he said forget it, something doesn't sound right. Don't handcuff yourself into a deal that becomes a nightmare.

That was my experience and am NOT going there at all. Some of you might have had a good experience to which I say good for you.

Thanks.
Old 06-30-14, 07:54 AM
GSCT
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the love of me I don't get some dealers and their games. Try Performance Lexus in St. Catharines - they treated me very well last winter.
Old 06-30-14, 12:05 PM
raslex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ClassicSC3
This also happens when buying a used car. In my almost 4 months it took to land my Sc300, this exact example happened to me several times, the most famous was one time I found a car prospect and did not have a ride (ofcourse, I don't have a car) but this one was about 5 miles away so I just decided to walk. When I called, I was told the car was there and not sold. I even called her during my walk 2-3 times and made sure the car was there. When I get there, the lady comes out and without even saying hello, tell me someone put a deposit on it. Keep in mind, I saw noone on the lot except me and some other person looking at other cars!

The biggest point, imo, is this. These dealers prey on anyone coming into their dealership because they know once you are there, you, the customer, is forced to play by THEIR rules and you have no recourse but to leave but if you leave, you wasted your trip, whether you walked 5 miles or x amount of miles or you drove, either way it is a big loss. IT just feels less because you drove but you used your gas and not to mention, your trust with them is lost and it hurts your soul to lose your faith in fellow man. That is the worst feeling in the world.

Atleast with used cars, there are so many of them that if you spend some time(I spend almost 4 months) you will eventually find a car with excellent rating inside and out and something you can sell for more then you are buying, then you will have a "safe" purchase. One thing you cannot escape from a used car even if it is in working conditions is that always be prepared and ready for what can break eventually and in the case of a used car, be vigilant and prepared even if you get a "safe" and great buy because after all, you decided to buy a used car instead of a brand new one, correct?!
I agree, completely.

I am dealing with Mark from Lexus Oakville at the moment and so far the experience has been good. At least he has been transparent.

Lets see how it goes.
Old 06-30-14, 05:56 PM
Jaysoo
Rookie

i too had a bad experience with lexus of downtown. salesman kept pushing me to put down a deposit for a quote and wanted an exact date and time of when i would pick it up if deal went through. At that time i was looking for a 2014 gs f sport with white on red interior. I told him i wanted a brand new car and he gave me a quote on a showroom model after a long discussion. He was very inconsistent with his information and very shady. Took my business elsewhere at don valley north lexus. Met a great salesman and have been very happy with my purchase. PM me for the contact details if you're interested.
Old 07-01-14, 07:58 AM
minato
Pole Position

I noticed their sales ppl down there at dtown lexus have changed alot, compared to when I got my car , they had folks who actually cared about the customers , now they got some ****ty *** folks who just wanna make a couple $$ and secure there job, service all arounf has dropped drastically
you made the right decision not getting the car from them , because who knows the car prolly might not have been in van city

Try Lexus of oakville, I have never been there but I have been hearing they are the next best thing now, they are just pretty far out .

Goodluck!!!
Old 07-01-14, 10:09 AM
IS3F
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke with Vince at DT lexus a few times, he seemed quite willing to work a deal over the phone. I didn't see him in person but when I get another car I'd be willing to give him a shot.

I ended up buying from Fred at Northwest Lexus - he gave me a great deal and has been very transparent the entire time. Overall experience was 10/10
Old 07-02-14, 06:38 AM
raslex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by minato
I noticed their sales ppl down there at dtown lexus have changed alot, compared to when I got my car , they had folks who actually cared about the customers , now they got some ****ty *** folks who just wanna make a couple $$ and secure there job, service all arounf has dropped drastically
you made the right decision not getting the car from them , because who knows the car prolly might not have been in van city

Try Lexus of oakville, I have never been there but I have been hearing they are the next best thing now, they are just pretty far out .

Goodluck!!!
I went to oakville lexus as well and the only reason I went there was Mark. He is a transparent guy and will put everything in front of you.

I didn't buy the car from oakville lexus though, just because of a stupid conditional clause they were going to put in the agreement, i mean conditional clause in a car sale, seriously!!!

be very very cautious before signing any paper.