Canada For events in Canada.

Uzz32

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-14, 07:46 AM
lenoda
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uzz32

Hello to fellow club members.I have been restoring my JDM Toyota Soarer UZZ32 for the last several years and it is finally ready.When I got it,it was a mess...I rebuilt the hydraulic suspension to begin with.Solved numerous electrical faults...no more klingon error codes!!I then replaced the brakes with LS400 four pots up front and Supra MKIV twin pot calipers in the rear.New suspension bushings all around,custom lower front control arms since the ones for this particular model are no longer available.Then I installed v8 four into one headers from the land down under,custom built a stainless steel x pipe and fabricated all stainless dual exhaust.I purchased a Torsen type 2 LSD and had it installed.I chose 17" Supra MKIV rims since the Soarer and Supra share the same chassis.I have owned several Toyota Aristo's which I decated and chipped.They are a lot faster than my 32 But..the handling on this car is extraordinary.It goes over speed bumps as if they are not there and in tight turns it almost defies the laws of physics...This car was produced in 1991 and I think it is still ahead of its time in many ways.It also has four wheel steering..
Next on the list is a custom intake manifold with a modified Eaton M112 from a Ford Mustang.The car is heavy and needs a boost so to speak.I will be posting pictures in a while.
Old 05-02-14, 03:52 AM
Soarerson
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome from another UZZ32. I'm impressed by the dedication and looking foreword to seeing photos.
Old 05-10-14, 07:24 AM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Welcome.

I wasn't aware any of these had been brought into Canada. Sounds like you've been busy restoring and improving the car, I'd love to see some pictures if you have a few. If you're local to Toronto you should bring her out to some of the meets.
Old 05-10-14, 10:57 AM
GSTONY
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is quite a few of them around here, you can get one as well but seems hard to insure tho
Old 05-13-14, 01:24 PM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by GSTONY
There is quite a few of them around here, you can get one as well but seems hard to insure tho
In general, yes there are Soarers around. However, there were only 874 UZZ32 Active-suspension Soarer's ever made. Finding one in good running order, let alone in Ontario is quite rare.

OP - Still waiting on those pics
Old 05-16-14, 09:13 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

lenoda you posted in the wrong section buddy

post in the sc400 section and be sure to post some pics, those guys there would love to see and hear about your car
Old 10-31-14, 04:50 AM
aussie2013
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lenoda
Hello to fellow club members.I have been restoring my JDM Toyota Soarer UZZ32 for the last several years and it is finally ready.When I got it,it was a mess...I rebuilt the hydraulic suspension to begin with.Solved numerous electrical faults...no more klingon error codes!!I then replaced the brakes with LS400 four pots up front and Supra MKIV twin pot calipers in the rear.New suspension bushings all around,custom lower front control arms since the ones for this particular model are no longer available.Then I installed v8 four into one headers from the land down under,custom built a stainless steel x pipe and fabricated all stainless dual exhaust.I purchased a Torsen type 2 LSD and had it installed.I chose 17" Supra MKIV rims since the Soarer and Supra share the same chassis.I have owned several Toyota Aristo's which I decated and chipped.They are a lot faster than my 32 But..the handling on this car is extraordinary.It goes over speed bumps as if they are not there and in tight turns it almost defies the laws of physics...This car was produced in 1991 and I think it is still ahead of its time in many ways.It also has four wheel steering..
Next on the list is a custom intake manifold with a modified Eaton M112 from a Ford Mustang.The car is heavy and needs a boost so to speak.I will be posting pictures in a while.
How is the project 32 going Lenoda ?