Canada For events in Canada.

Lexus Plant Tour

Old 04-02-14, 07:05 PM
Kimchiguy
Pit Crew

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Lexus Plant Tour

Hey everyone, I know there have been posts about this but they seem to be from a couple of years back. Anyone registering for the tour this summer? Due to a production shift, the April 10th date is cancelled but I think I'll be signing up for the May 8th tour. Based on other feedback it looks to be a decent tour.

I've been on two plant tours before - Boeing in Seattle, WA and BMW in Munich, Germany. Both were incredibly eye opening and fascinating so I have high hopes for this one too!
Old 04-03-14, 09:29 AM
minato
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never heard about this,
is there a plant in Toronto?
Old 04-03-14, 11:08 AM
Kimchiguy
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by minato
never heard about this,
is there a plant in Toronto?
There is a Toyota/Lexus manufacturing facility in Cambridge. If you purchase or lease a brand new Lexus, you can register online for one of their tours. It includes a lunch as a nearby hotel and spa.
Old 04-03-14, 03:02 PM
dat dude
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kimchiguy
Hey everyone, I know there have been posts about this but they seem to be from a couple of years back. Anyone registering for the tour this summer? Due to a production shift, the April 10th date is cancelled but I think I'll be signing up for the May 8th tour. Based on other feedback it looks to be a decent tour.

I've been on two plant tours before - Boeing in Seattle, WA and BMW in Munich, Germany. Both were incredibly eye opening and fascinating so I have high hopes for this one too!
I had a very interesting experience at the Toyota Plant in Cambridge, they confiscated my phone and deleted all my pictures. Other than that I honestly found the tour quite boring.
Old 04-18-14, 02:11 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kimchiguy
There is a Toyota/Lexus manufacturing facility in Cambridge. If you purchase or lease a brand new Lexus, you can register online for one of their tours. It includes a lunch as a nearby hotel and spa.
Sent you a PM.
Old 04-18-14, 06:06 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by dat dude
I had a very interesting experience at the Toyota Plant in Cambridge, they confiscated my phone and deleted all my pictures. Other than that I honestly found the tour quite boring.
I understand the phone thing, but deleted pictures? They let you bring the phone on the tour and caught you taking pictures? I'm surprised they don't make people check them in or something? Or maybe sign a form saying you won't expose secrets/pictures etc..? Curious how they do this.

When I have to go to Torrence (Lexus HQ in SoCal) we sign forms and power off our phones when there is sensitive material.
Old 04-19-14, 09:49 AM
hesperion
Driver School Candidate

There's some info about tours here: http://www.tmmc.ca/en/plant-tours.html

But what's this about lunch? If I'm hauling my butt to Cambridge, lunch would be nice.
Old 04-19-14, 10:50 PM
Kimchiguy
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by hesperion
There's some info about tours here: http://www.tmmc.ca/en/plant-tours.html

But what's this about lunch? If I'm hauling my butt to Cambridge, lunch would be nice.
Don't register through Toyota's website. Since you have a Lexus, register here:
http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/owners/...us-plant-tours

There you can register for the lunch and tour. Makes the trip out to Cambridge worthwhile - I've heard many great things about Langdon Hall. It's one of the closest to a Michelin Star ranked restaurant that we can get in Canada!
Old 05-08-14, 09:20 PM
Kimchiguy
Pit Crew

Went on the plant tour today - it was interesting and nice to see that the Cambridge facility is now the only place outside of Japan that manufactures Lexus hybrids too, as the RX 450h has just started production there. From Kaizen to the Just-In-Time processes that Toyota helped develop, it was neat learning a bit about their production. I'd love to visit the Japanese plant where the IS models are manufactured!

Obviously no interior plant pictures could be taken, but I took one of the outside. Also took a pic outside Langdon Hall Country House Hotel & Spa where the lunch was served.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus Plant Tour-dsc_1384.jpg   Lexus Plant Tour-dsc_1364.jpg  
Old 05-12-14, 05:58 PM
hesperion
Driver School Candidate

Thanks, pal. I'll probably attend the June one.

Was the lunch a full spread, or basic soup & sandwiches?
Old 05-12-14, 08:42 PM
Kimchiguy
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by hesperion
Thanks, pal. I'll probably attend the June one.

Was the lunch a full spread, or basic soup & sandwiches?
It was a three course lunch - caesar salad, a chicken dish, and tiramisu for dessert. Quite delicious!