Canada For events in Canada.

Please Help: Rust spots on my new RX350!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-14, 03:45 PM
mshen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dat dude
It's really stupid when Lexus doesn't stand behind their cars or warranty. They should replace the parts no questions asked.
I agree. But... there is still no answer from them and it has been over 6 weeks.
Old 04-08-14, 01:10 PM
mshen
Driver School Candidate

Angry "environmental damage"???

I just received a call from Lexus Canada warranty department (spoke to Ursula Sadiswa).

Their final answer is that they will not replace affected part (rear quarter panel) and only fix the rust spot and repaint it. According to Lexus Canad this is not a manufacturing defect but "environmental damage"!
Ms. Sadiswa declined to comment when asked how environmental damage could cause few rust spots in 6 months old car with only 7000 km on odometer. Her final answer was: "...this is all you are entitled according to Lexus warranty. You can read the warranty manual, it's in your car".

I am taking this issue into the small claims court
Old 04-18-14, 01:54 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Happened to go to this particular forum and found your post. (Usually I frequent the 3rd Gen RX forum) Ours which is a 2011 RX doesn't have these kind of rust spots on those rear areas even after 3 solid years. But it was made in Japan because of the particular package on the car. Everything is solid on ours except there is some slight cosmetic defects around the edge of the wood trim on the driver'a door.

You are not alone as a friend of mine who has a 2014 RX 350 F- Sport since December 2013 also commented some rust spots already developed in the edge of the trunk lid (only seen when you open the tailgate and the rusts are near those weld holes) For Lexus of RH, their customer service has been excellent to me. Their service manager Mike is very accommodating when there is a problem. Please keep us posted how it goes with Lexus Canada.
Old 04-28-14, 07:41 PM
mian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mshen
I just received a call from Lexus Canada warranty department (spoke to Ursula Sadiswa).

Their final answer is that they will not replace affected part (rear quarter panel) and only fix the rust spot and repaint it. According to Lexus Canad this is not a manufacturing defect but "environmental damage"!
Ms. Sadiswa declined to comment when asked how environmental damage could cause few rust spots in 6 months old car with only 7000 km on odometer. Her final answer was: "...this is all you are entitled according to Lexus warranty. You can read the warranty manual, it's in your car".

I am taking this issue into the small claims court
I do not know how, but if somehow the experience of MGGF , with their dealer in Peterbrough can be brought to the knowledge of downtown lexus, may be they can change their minds. In anycase it should strengthen your small claim court case.
I am afraid small claim court process is very cumbersome and time consuming to say the least.
Perhaps another talk to Downtown Lexus's top dog might help? Worth trying? Anyhow good luck and in the meantime congratulations to MGGF for talking their dealer into replacing the back door and other remedies. Perhaps this should be seen as a precedent setting once MGGF can get their repairs done!
Old 05-06-14, 06:03 AM
IS3Fguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Please let us know with the updates. I recently got a new IS and would like to know how Lexus deal with customers post purchase. I am new to Lexus.
Old 06-26-14, 01:07 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

what a nightmare, I hear nothing but problems with the RX's