Canada For events in Canada.

Advise needed - Lexus dealer damaged my rear fender and bumper

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-13, 12:05 AM
monkybrain
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advise needed - Lexus dealer damaged my rear fender and bumper

I am in a very bad situation right now, and needed some advise.

Basically, my parent took my car in for a couple of recall services at a Lexus dealer, did the walk around to check for physical damage and noted on the slip/ticket to do pick later. After the service, my parent noticed there are damages at the rear and were shocked. And the damage is not noted on the slip too.

So they obviously hit my IS, scratched my rear bumper (10" x 10") and dented my rear fender with a (size of 8" x 10*), and everyone there are DENYING IT and said it was there before. THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!. I can tell that this is a single car accident, obviously someone drove my car and hit something in reverse, there is no SECOND car paint!!!

My parent was too soft, talked to a couple of service managers and was asked to come back tomorrow with nothing in hand. He should have called the police immediately to investigate and I only know about it when i got home.

What action can I take? I sent an email to Lexus Canada just now and will go report to the police tomorrow. I can't believe Lexus dealership is doing this to me, this is unbelievable!!

BTW, I am in the GTA. Was anyone in the same situation as me before? how did you handle it ?

If this is not resolved, I am sure I will talk about this incident to my relatives, friends and co-workers for the rest of my life when similar topics come up.

thanks for your advise in advance.

.. .. Looks like this is the early X'mas present that I got from Lexus.
Old 12-17-13, 03:08 PM
minato
Pole Position

sorry to hear .
I would flip, call the cops, get my lawyer involved then email lexus canada!!
what dealership was this ?
Old 12-17-13, 06:09 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

expose dealership name
Old 12-17-13, 08:55 PM
monkybrain
Driver School Candidate

The dealer is DON VALLEY NORTH LEXUS at 404 / Steeles. Please becareful when you do services there, or better to stay away from it!! I actually bought my IS250 there too. I do not want anyone to experience this. This is not good at all.

I means, that is what the yellow slip is for, they checked the car before the service and there is no damage at the rear fender and bumper. Yet, they are still arguing that the damage is there before hand.

To get into more detail, I actually had a 3" to 4" paint scratch on my front bumper and this was indicated on the damage car diagram on the yellow slip to protect themself before the service. After the service when my parents discover the rear damage, they are arguing that they missed this huge 8"x8" dented damage at the rear fender and 10" x 10" bumper scratch. Who will believe this story, this doesn't make sense at all. My parents are in the 60s they were helpless, and stressed, and didn't know what to do on that day and ddin't even call me.
Old 12-17-13, 09:22 PM
monkybrain
Driver School Candidate

I went to the dealer today for the first time regarding this. Talked to one of the manager and he is still denying it and said they will not be responsible for the damage. Talked/argued in a polite way with the manager for a bit, and he is making up story saying that it is an old damage that it was there for a long time already. he said if it was a new/fresh damage, you will see the paint is smeared, he said what you see on you car is just salt (due to road/snow weather condition) covering the old damage and the salt mark there is made when he touched the area. Then I said why did you touch that particular area of my car if there is nothing noticeable, why did you pick that area to touch? Then he said I touched, I was like I wasn't yesterday, and you had the car and returned to my parents with the damage. The fact is that the paint did got smeared badly, I can see the grey color primer paint and all the way to my metal car frame. Yes my car frame is now exposed to the salt. this is just really bad and I actually babied my IS250.
Old 12-18-13, 06:01 AM
monkybrain
Driver School Candidate

After contacting the General Manager, DVNL agreed to repair the damage. Hope things goes smoothly from now on.
Old 12-18-13, 06:06 AM
LuvmyES92
Driver School Candidate

Could someone help me? I have a 92 Es w a manual. The car runs great but now whenever I let it idle down it stalls. Clutch starts are fine and as long as I'm on the throttle it stays running...????
Old 12-18-13, 06:07 AM
LuvmyES92
Driver School Candidate

Sorry I posted this here I'm new and didn't know where to post
Old 12-18-13, 07:52 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this is canada, it's all about proof
you have proof from the yellow slip there was no damage prior to giving them the car (where it was inspected by THEM) so worst come to worst take it to court
get a dashcam and have it hardwired with parking mode
hope it goes smoothly

p.s. dvn is known to be the biggest scamming lexus dealership in ontario, everything is wrong with them from sales to service to parts. i bought my car from them (only cuz i know of their snake tactics and lowballed hard which they eventually accepted which i was surprised about), but never did service there except the first free one with a free lunch
Old 12-18-13, 08:49 AM
monkybrain
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for everyone's reply.

Arranged an appointment after new year to fix it, they say they don't have the time to do it before Christmas. Hopefully this is true and repair as promised after new year.

PS. LuvmyES92: you need to join/register a userid, then there is a "New Thread" bottom at the top left corner above the all the discussion/thread list.
I am not an mechanical, wished that I could help about your ES, I think gas is suppose to be given to the engine by the computer when idle at all time, but some how it didn't give the engine gas to maintain the engine running.
Old 12-29-13, 08:51 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

For what it's worth, every time I bring my car in to a dealership, I have it washed minutes before it goes in there.

For 2 reasons:
- Everything can be seen once the car leaves (while you're still in their parking lot)
- Mechanics are more careful with the car.
Old 01-19-14, 09:17 AM
monkybrain
Driver School Candidate

i got it fixed at the body shop at the end. but still can't believe it is so hard to get them to fix it.
Old 01-21-14, 11:05 PM
StraySheep
Pit Crew

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

But who ended up paying for the repairs?
Old 03-15-14, 07:15 PM
ur2thdr
Driver School Candidate

CL members.

Had maintenance done on my car today and found a dent and gash on my door.

I know for a fact that it was not there before since I have a petro canada car wash pass (only go for touchless) and frequently wash my car and would definitely notice it.

I am extremely disappointment since one would believe you would get top quality service from a Lexus dealership.

Will be following up with DVN Lexus on Monday and can only hope they deal with this professionally.

Will let everyone know how it goes.

Regards,

One Disappointment Lexus Owner
Old 03-17-14, 08:03 AM
monkybrain
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by StraySheep
But who ended up paying for the repairs?
DV Lexus paid for the repair, but not without a fight. Before I told the body shop that DVL dealership sent me here for a free repair. The body shop quote is actually look reasonable $1700 for repaint the rear bumper , and fix a around 4 x2 inch dent on rear fender above the rear wheel. The real cause to them is just the labour, maybe around $30 an hour. $30 x 14 hrs of labour is like $420 max.+ paint which the cost is low.

I guess this is better for them then to go to court. They will find stupid reasons and avoid paying the repair in anyway they can. And they will brush of seniors, thinking that they can't do much.

Last edited by monkybrain; 03-17-14 at 08:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Advise needed - Lexus dealer damaged my rear fender and bumper