Canada For events in Canada.

Stay stock or get the F-Sport Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-13, 08:47 AM
PearlFocal
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stay stock or get the F-Sport Intake?

Just want to ask you guys for your opinion before I do anything stupid.

I see a pretty good deal online for a F-Sport Intake for the IS250. I do like extra sound on the car and I read online that the F-Sport Intake starts to be louder at 3400rpm. This sounds very fun as I drive a manual IS250.

However I am afraid that it will be too loud as I want to keep the Lexus more classy. I have tried to install the Tanabe exhaust touring on my IS250 but my g/f found it too loud and had to take it off.

In summary does anyone have any experiences on the F-Sport Intake? And is it loud inside the car? As music is a priority and the droning sound from the Tanabe exhaust I found was too annoying.

i know I posted this on my is, but I just want more opinions.
Old 11-08-13, 08:53 AM
pmanliu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you'll only hear it under hard acceleration
Old 11-08-13, 09:10 AM
Zelfiris
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pmanliu
you'll only hear it under hard acceleration
You won't notice it under regular cruising or light/medium acceleration

I usually hear my intake when I'm speeding up on highway ramps to merge or speeding up to pass someone but I don't hear it otherwise
Old 11-08-13, 06:01 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

Has anyone noticed a difference in gas consumption?

I average 8.2L/100KM and 7.9L/100 on highway. Will the intake make this better or worse?
Old 11-12-13, 12:38 AM
alSpeed2k
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the deal? I'm considering one for my GS as well.
Old 11-12-13, 07:57 AM
xZhongChen
Driver School Candidate

Just get a JoeZ intake tube. Its pretty much the same deal but costs alot less.
Old 11-15-13, 08:34 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PearlFocal
Just want to ask you guys for your opinion before I do anything stupid.

I see a pretty good deal online for a F-Sport Intake for the IS250. I do like extra sound on the car and I read online that the F-Sport Intake starts to be louder at 3400rpm. This sounds very fun as I drive a manual IS250.

However I am afraid that it will be too loud as I want to keep the Lexus more classy. I have tried to install the Tanabe exhaust touring on my IS250 but my g/f found it too loud and had to take it off.

In summary does anyone have any experiences on the F-Sport Intake? And is it loud inside the car? As music is a priority and the droning sound from the Tanabe exhaust I found was too annoying.

i know I posted this on my is, but I just want more opinions.
fsport intake nowhere near loud compared to k&n/takeda/greddy/etc.
had k&n and takeda before...much louder but can feel the low end torque loss in summer from heat soak
have fsport now and it's not as aggressive but it's okay trying to keep car more oem now as a dd and work on getting another car

it starts to growl roughly 3000-3500rpm
only loud when you floor the pedal
even if you accelerate slowly it's not much different from stock

tanabe mt too loud...???? wow lol i had it and sold it because i didn't feel it was much different than stock

Originally Posted by GeorgeR
Has anyone noticed a difference in gas consumption?

I average 8.2L/100KM and 7.9L/100 on highway. Will the intake make this better or worse?
supposedly the better (less restricted) airflow would make better a:f ratio but usually people end up WOTing more and consume more gas

Originally Posted by xZhongChen
Just get a JoeZ intake tube. Its pretty much the same deal but costs alot less.
no....no change in sound with Joe Z....as you can see OP has a 250 (mt) so that +5whp performance wouldn't be very important to him so changing a pipe won't do much for his needs

butt dyno and placebo would be more useful to an is2slo

Last edited by reyoasian; 11-15-13 at 08:38 AM.
Old 12-09-13, 08:33 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

I just installed mine, the sound is perfect! I'm happy I got this on sale, because paying the retail price for this would have been a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ml#post8273843
Old 12-10-13, 05:21 PM
Set50
Rookie

I just installed mine, the sound is perfect! I'm happy I got this on sale, because paying the retail price for this would have been a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...ml#post8273843
Hey there, I have a quick question as I was asking my advisor today from my dealership about the F-Sport Intake. Since they did not have it in stock, I was told by the parts department to order it myself. My advisor said to not purchase one from the US (I was contemplating Sewell Lexus to buy) because the parts may be different for the installing in the IS for USA and Canada This doesn't make much sense, should I only ask dealerships near my area then? The Canadian website also doesn't show the intake.....

Mind sharing where you purchased it ?

Thanks a bunch !
Old 12-10-13, 05:28 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tam350G
Hey there, I have a quick question as I was asking my advisor today from my dealership about the F-Sport Intake. Since they did not have it in stock, I was told by the parts department to order it myself. My advisor said to not purchase one from the US (I was contemplating Sewell Lexus to buy) because the parts may be different for the installing in the IS for USA and Canada This doesn't make much sense, should I only ask dealerships near my area then? The Canadian website also doesn't show the intake.....

Mind sharing where you purchased it ?

Thanks a bunch !
It's the same no matter where you buy it from. Give your local dealer the part number and they will be able to get it. The F-Sport line up was on sale last week which is probably why they didn't have any in stock.

If your local dealer can't get it, contact Lexus Laval.
Old 12-10-13, 07:11 PM
Set50
Rookie

It's the same no matter where you buy it from. Give your local dealer the part number and they will be able to get it. The F-Sport line up was on sale last week which is probably why they didn't have any in stock.

If your local dealer can't get it, contact Lexus Laval.
I thought as much, no way it would be different..... Thanks !

Enjoy that throaty sound !
Old 12-10-13, 07:22 PM
Lex_Giorgio
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tam350G
I thought as much, no way it would be different..... Thanks !

Enjoy that throaty sound !
I'll tell you right now, if you're paying full price for this intake, you'll regret it. You'll only hear it when you step on the gas, during regular driving, theirs absolutely no difference.

The decision is yours!
Old 12-10-13, 08:57 PM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 323 Likes on 139 Posts

your dealership is lying to u cuz i got a intake is from japan and it fits perfectly and car runs perfectly fine...
Old 12-11-13, 07:55 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ALL F-Sport intake for the 2IS are the same.......EXACTLY the same
Your advisor just wants to scare you off from getting a better deal buying from Sewell, so you can pay the ridiculously high MSRP buying from him/her

I suggest giving Downtown Toronto Lexus a call and speak with Barry Kwan from parts department
He will be able to hook you up with a sweet local deal which will save you time waiting for the item to be shipped, as well price will be within reasonable margin of Sewell (considering exchange rate, shipping, and tax/duty/brokerage)
Old 12-11-13, 03:58 PM
Set50
Rookie

Originally Posted by reyoasian
ALL F-Sport intake for the 2IS are the same.......EXACTLY the same
Your advisor just wants to scare you off from getting a better deal buying from Sewell, so you can pay the ridiculously high MSRP buying from him/her

I suggest giving Downtown Toronto Lexus a call and speak with Barry Kwan from parts department
He will be able to hook you up with a sweet local deal which will save you time waiting for the item to be shipped, as well price will be within reasonable margin of Sewell (considering exchange rate, shipping, and tax/duty/brokerage)
Thanks for the tip, typical stealer ship mentality.

I contacted him already but he said they're sold out. I guess Sewell it is.

Quick Reply: Stay stock or get the F-Sport Intake?