Canada For events in Canada.

New owner from Ontario

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-13, 08:06 PM
allicedout
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New owner from Ontario

Hey everyone thought I'd post up, picking up my new/old Lexus IS350 tomorrow. Just finished working on a Supercharged Mustang GT and decided it wasn't for me so I traded her in and so here I am. Looking to do some minor mods, first thought I'd start shopping for a new exhaust. Any suggestions? I would prefer something with no drone. Been looking the M2 and Tanabe comparisons. Hope to meet some of you local guys at meets and shows.
Old 07-18-13, 08:45 AM
cyberscorp
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by allicedout
Hey everyone thought I'd post up, picking up my new/old Lexus IS350 tomorrow. Just finished working on a Supercharged Mustang GT and decided it wasn't for me so I traded her in and so here I am. Looking to do some minor mods, first thought I'd start shopping for a new exhaust. Any suggestions? I would prefer something with no drone. Been looking the M2 and Tanabe comparisons. Hope to meet some of you local guys at meets and shows.
welcome to Club Lexus - Canada (Toronto
Old 07-23-13, 08:10 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Drop, swaybars, and wheels first

M2 is a POS...Tanabe is a quiet S***
Old 07-29-13, 04:25 AM
allicedout
Rookie

Originally Posted by reyoasian
Drop, swaybars, and wheels first

M2 is a POS...Tanabe is a quiet S***
The Tanabe has been written off for that very reason. The M2 gets a whole lot of mixed reviews not quite sure what to make of it yet. I see your from Toronto too, any suggestions on shops in the GTA or online for purchasing parts? Thanks.
Old 08-11-13, 06:18 PM
ANCL
Driver

Welcome! Sewell for f-sport parts. I have not dropped my car yet but that would be my first pick for aesthetic reasons (we have such horrible wheel gaps). Happy modding!

I currently have the original F-Sport HKS (discontinued ) exhaust and I love it, discrete when I need it to be and makes a wonderful growl when WOT. Not loud but that is exactly what I am looking for, not trying to turn my car into a rice box.
Old 08-13-13, 08:27 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Buying local: NextMod, SpeedStar, Auto City Inc., etc. etc.
Buying online: Many vendors on CL......Sewell for OEM stuff

If you want a nice sounding good quality exhaust with little drone go for F-Sport, it's made by HKS which is where the aggressiveness and quality comes from, and then it's OEM-spec, which is where the little-drone comes from

There are 3 versions:
1. Lexus HKS (which is what ANCL has........this is NOT a F-Sport)
2. F-Sport (1st gen, no logo)
3. F-Sport (2nd gen, with logo)

1st and 2nd gen F-Sports are the same except for the F-Sport logo
F-Sport vs. Lexus HKS, difference is only in the passenger-side muffler where Lexus HKS is a resonated muffler while F-Sport is a straight pipe (hence more aggressive)

If you want gain, max you can get is from LMS, Joe-Z, etc. which are true duals

If you want loud, pair something with Invidia midpipe (F-Sport or HKS HiPower)

Of if you're baller you can try some JDM exhausts like M7, ARK, Wald, etc.

You might wanna pick up an intake too for more aggressive sound during WOT (F-Sport for no power-loss........some SRI <Takeda,K&N,Greddy,etc.> for louder sound but possible power loss....Joe-Z for constant 5whp gain but not much difference in sound)

Definitely lower the car, put on sways, and get wider wheels.......handling will be much much better
you can also look into an ISF steering ECU and LSD if you want it to handle even better

not much performance mods on this car
Old 08-15-13, 04:30 AM
allicedout
Rookie

Thanks for the info reyoasian. I ended up buying a M2 axle back exhaust, and before I get flamed it was strictly a budget mod as I only wanted looking to replace the battered OEM tips on the exhaust. I had originally planned to do a mid-pipe and leave the OEM exhaust but found that replacing just the tips wern't much cheaper, so for $250 I figured why not give them a shot. I was debating between the F-Sport and Joe Z intake, I think I will make that decision after the exhaust is installed. I'm still deciding on suspension, not sure whether I should go with H&R springs or get a full coilover kit. Just out of curiousity what kind of struts are most of you running with lowering springs? And why don't many of you use Tein coilovers? You'll have to excuse my ignorance, its been a while since I've owned an Import. For the past 3 years I've been driving a 2005 Ford Mustang GT Supercharged. Thanks again for the help.
Old 08-15-13, 08:05 AM
minato
Pole Position

I had a set of H&R springs and ended up with BC coilovers, im AWD 250 and the ride is pretty close to stock
the Fsport intake is great dont know about any HP gains though but my butt dyno says I gained some
yeah M2 isnt a bad choice in my books good bang for your buck, have you installed it yet?
I know someone running aftermarket struts and lowering springs but with the price you pay for that you can just get megan coilovers
I dont know if TEIN makes coilovers for our cars but you can do some research on that

any chance your 350 is obsidian(black)? I seen a clean looking one on the DVP yesterday and ohh my!! it was clean
Old 08-15-13, 08:42 AM
allicedout
Rookie

Thanks for the info, I hear good things about BC coils, so so reviews on the Megan. I'm trying to source a used F-sport intake, they are pricey and not sure I want to spend that kind of doe just yet.

Mine is Crystal white i think? Its a pearl white and I can't remember the last time I was on the DVP. Just got the car a month ago. Enjoying it so far, a little slower than the supercharged Mustang I had previously but the Lex is so much more car!
Old 08-18-13, 06:35 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

Just becareful over the winters, those M2's are prone to rust

Intake....both JoeZ and F-Sport will guarantee a 5whp gain however unnoticeable in real life. F-Sport will be louder when you WOT, however JoeZ does not change the sound (or barely noticeable change)

Most people on springs are on stock shocks, except some gotten F-Sport shocks (made by BIlstein).
BC are much better bang for buck for Tein, and is probably the most popular coilover on this forum. If you want even more budget only for the sake of lowering then try Megan EZ.
If you don't like to play around with suspension, and just want to lower and be done with you can try Road Magnet springs for AWD. H&R is more popular but RM has about 0.5" lower drop all around than the H&R

You can always look around in Classified, people always post up their stuff for sale. Occasionally you get someone from Toronto.
Old 08-19-13, 04:33 AM
allicedout
Rookie

Thanks reyoasian for the info. Fortunately my IS350 won't get to see the snow, I have 2011 Toyota Sienna that will take on winter duties for me. I'll spend a little more time before getting suspension, will most likely change out the rims at that time too. See lots of good things for sale in the classifieds, now its just trying to convince people to ship to Canada!

Last edited by allicedout; 08-19-13 at 04:44 AM.
Old 08-23-13, 08:10 AM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

you can always check local places or CBI if you buy new from the states
Old 08-23-13, 08:14 AM
allicedout
Rookie

Thanks. Doing a little reading on my car, I have the sport model, so what does that intail? F-Sport springs and struts? Sway bars? Anyone know offhand?
Old 08-25-13, 07:47 PM
reyoasian
Lexus Champion

no.....just "sport" suspension and probably other small things like different wheels, aluminum pedal, etc.

sport and f-sport are different things

f-sport model and f-sport accessories are also different things
Old 08-26-13, 05:27 AM
allicedout
Rookie

Just reading the specs on it. I wonder what "Sport Alternate Suspension" actually means!!

SPORT PACKAGE
Sport alternate suspension; Bi-Xenon headlights; Headlight control active; Leather seat upholstery with additional leather; Perforated leather; Excludes: [LL] Luxury Package And [PT] Premium Package; Includes:
18" Wheels with Summer Tires

Quick Reply: New owner from Ontario