Canada For events in Canada.

Good lexus mechanic in the GTA

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-13, 01:36 PM
dubzino
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs up Good lexus mechanic in the GTA

Anyon need need a good lexus mechanic within the GTA. You should check out Aussie Auto. They specialize in Lexus as the mechanic was senior at the Lexus dealership. I always go there instead of the stealers and he preforms everything exactly the same as they if not better. Really nice guy and very honest. Just thought I would throw it out there cause I know how hard it is to find good mechanics that specialize in the more modern lexus's.
Old 07-04-13, 09:02 AM
morganc
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/can...ic-in-gta.html

Do a search before randomly posting!
Old 07-04-13, 10:41 AM
energie8
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Only if I knew about him before maybe I would've saved some money! Been fixing all the big things at the stealership arggggg. Is he always working with someone or just his employees running it?
Old 07-08-13, 08:15 AM
morganc
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by energie8
Only if I knew about him before maybe I would've saved some money! Been fixing all the big things at the stealership arggggg. Is he always working with someone or just his employees running it?
He's a one man show with a great shop + waiting room (so dropping in isn't recommended-call ahead!!). He's a master lexus tech + hybrid cert. tech. His knowledge of these cars is unfathomable, and he's the most truthful and honest person that's ever turned a wrench on my cars.
Old 07-08-13, 10:44 AM
anaq110
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for Rick @ Aussie Auto.. Should be in Canada section but I'll vouch for Rick here also.

My GS350 (CPO) had tons of issues and Rick's looked pinpointed issues, documented and had me head over to NW. I even picked up an older GS430 with the confidence Rick is the only master tech to ever touch it.
Old 07-25-13, 06:58 PM
pocketaces
Driver School Candidate

this guy is the worst mechanic!!!! screwed up my brakes. my new mechanic said he took the cheap way by not lubricating some kind of slider. my brakes were all seized less than 6 months. I will never go back to this guy. I've read some good reviews on this guy but even my friend who recommended him stopped going to him. I now have to pay an extra 100 to my new mechanic to service the brake job this guy screwed up.
Old 07-25-13, 06:59 PM
pocketaces
Driver School Candidate

and yes im talking about the same Aussie auto in Mississauga Ontario... my profile just says im from California but I live in mississauga
Old 07-25-13, 10:37 PM
rL-gT
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

So your brakes ALL seized with in 6 months eh..
Old 07-26-13, 10:58 AM
BDSL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pocketaces
this guy is the worst mechanic!!!! screwed up my brakes. my new mechanic said he took the cheap way by not lubricating some kind of slider. my brakes were all seized less than 6 months. I will never go back to this guy. I've read some good reviews on this guy but even my friend who recommended him stopped going to him. I now have to pay an extra 100 to my new mechanic to service the brake job this guy screwed up.
And if your sliders were truly seized, it costs more than a $100 to fix.......
Old 07-27-13, 10:20 AM
pocketaces
Driver School Candidate

i'm no car guy...not here to debate. i'm going base on what the mechanic said. i'm here just to let people know this guy is not as good/reliable mechanic as people are making him out to be. defend him all you want but when your brake job fails in 6 months it's safe to say aussie auto did a horrible job!!!
Old 07-29-13, 01:42 PM
anaq110
Driver

i'm no car guy...not here to debate. i'm going base on what the mechanic said. i'm here just to let people know this guy is not as good/reliable mechanic as people are making him out to be. defend him all you want but when your brake job fails in 6 months it's safe to say aussie auto did a horrible job!!!
Hmmm.. You just joined clublexus and all your 5 post are negative feedback on a very very reputable man in the industry... You are entitled to your opinion but you better expect he's going to have members come out to defend him.

1) Your new mechanic is a bit shady if you ask me. $100 for seized sliders, really Please share his name here so we make sure not get ripped off like you just did.
2) Aussie provides a 1 year warranty on brakes, like most parts and reputable shops. Your issue came about in 6 months. Why not just take it a back to him??? It could have been a defective part from manufactures and he would have taken care of it.

Just my 0.02 cents...
Old 08-01-13, 07:12 AM
digger08
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

hmmm.....

Every customer Rick works with...he makes it a point to identify that he lubricates the slides...EVERY CUSTOMER!

I find it very strange of your experience. If that was true, approaching him again in less than 6 months, Rick would have no questions asked, re-examined your brake system and corrected the problem (if it was related to him).

He has done multiple brakes services not only on my IS F, but on my old IS300. He readily takes customer parts, or supplies his own and has a warranty on all his work. I know no less than ten other Club Lexus owners, and My.IS owners that have had brake work done here.

PS - He even stocks OEM Brembo grease for the IS F!

Digger08
Old 08-01-13, 08:45 AM
BDSL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

In the other thread, I have asked the OP why he didn't go back to Rick and confront him the problem.
The OP didn't answer me.
Old 08-01-13, 01:04 PM
Johnnysks
Driver School Candidate

and yes im talking about the same Aussie auto in Mississauga Ontario... my profile just says im from California but I live in mississauga

Wait, so you joined this site just to bash Aussie auto, and your profile states California?? I call troll unless you can show an invoice showing brake service. You can black out any sensitive info ...

PS. Since joining, everything you have posted was only to bash Aussie auto ... interesting.

Last edited by Johnnysks; 08-01-13 at 01:48 PM.