Canada For events in Canada.

Recommendations for a shop for after market alarm installation?

Old 03-10-13, 08:26 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 196 Likes on 109 Posts
Default Recommendations for a shop for after market alarm installation?

Recommendations for a shop for after market alarm installation?

Just to be clear, I am not planning on installing an after market alarm. I want to get a Keyless GO push button start system installed on my truck (and if that goes well do the same in the GS) and from what I've read so far, anyone proficient at installing alarms can install such a system.

This is the unit I want to get installed http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/KEYL...COMBO-PG-1.htm
Old 03-13-13, 06:18 PM
Compthis
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See Mo at future shop in Markham at warden/hwy 7. I have known him for about 13 years and he does incredible work on my cars, family and friends. Work he's done for me such as audio/security, remote starters, and the electrical aspect for nitrous kits utilizing buttons in the car factory installed turning them into arm/disarm and engage switches. The guy is a perfectionist and will figure anything out electrical when it comes to automobiles.
Old 03-14-13, 09:58 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes, thats pricey. Look into Advanced Keys, its the same system, but a lot cheaper. Looking to having it installed in my SC..

http://www.advancedkeys.com/
Old 03-15-13, 09:50 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 196 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Compthis
See Mo at future shop in Markham at warden/hwy 7. I have known him for about 13 years and he does incredible work on my cars, family and friends. Work he's done for me such as audio/security, remote starters, and the electrical aspect for nitrous kits utilizing buttons in the car factory installed turning them into arm/disarm and engage switches. The guy is a perfectionist and will figure anything out electrical when it comes to automobiles.
Thanks Compthis. I'll try to find someone closer to me - I live in the West End almost in Burlington. Markham is a good hours drive away, but it may be worth it based on your feedback if I can't a recommendation for someone closer.

Originally Posted by scENFORCER
Yikes, thats pricey. Look into Advanced Keys, its the same system, but a lot cheaper. Looking to having it installed in my SC..

http://www.advancedkeys.com/
Yes, I noticed that after I started this thread. I'm leaning towards this system now as it appears functionality is exactly the same and the majority of posts on their forum are overwhelmingly positive from other folks who have had the system installed.
Old 04-13-19, 03:47 PM
chuyrobles
Instructor

Received 217 Likes on 176 Posts

In the rear I have cheap DuroGo rotors and pads. In the front, Wagner ThermoQuiet rotors and O'reilly Select Ceramic Pads (lifetime warranty per the parts dude - so long as they wear down evenly). Car brakes fine.

I had EBC dimpled rotors on my Tacoma for 50K miles and they did not last very long. After 50K miles I replaced them because they started causing vibrations. I now have 70K on re-surfaced OEM rotors, for a total of about 120K, and they still brake fine - I could not tell the difference with EBC rotors.