Canada For events in Canada.

Quality Paint Shops in Vancouver Area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-12, 03:17 AM
TCKeyz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quality Paint Shops in Vancouver Area?

So I'm looking to repaint my bumper, hood, fenders, mirrors, roof, and A-piller which extends all the way back to b & c pillar. I have a 2007 Obsidian GS450H and sadly a while back a truck dropped a bunch of rocks in front of my car on the highway.... well the results are..... (I did have quite a bit of rock chips before but this accident definitely ruined the front look of the car). Well so far I know 2 shops which both seem to do quality work:

- No. 1 Collision (suggested by another member here on CL)
- Vieta (was told that it is a Lexus only shop)

So my question is what are some quality shops that you guys would suggest for repainting? and/or which shop you prefer? I would like to match the OEM paint if possible, I would like it to be done right.

Also I am a little reluctant to repaint the pillars because it extends all the way back to the end of the car, so any mismatch would really ruin the look of the car. So what are your guys' opinion on this? For those of you who have repainted (especially black/obsidian color), how are the colour matching?

Sorry all the pictures were taken with my iPhone, I used the flash so it's easier to see damages done.

Here are a few pics of the car from before the accident:

A little bird dropping... lol ^^^

This below picture is after the incident, but car still looks perfect from everywhere except front. So that's the reason I'm reluctant to repaint the pillars, let me know what you guys think!

Thanks and any input would be appreciated, sorry for the long write up.

Terry

Last edited by TCKeyz; 07-08-12 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Pictures
Old 07-09-12, 01:42 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

My GSh is currently at No. 1, so you know where I recommend lol. Before deciding on which shop to use, I would recommend you examine the shop's paint work to determine if the color match is good or not. Ask the shop foreman to let you see another customer's car that has just been finished re-painting, and see if the work performed is up to your expectations or not. But regardless of which shop you end up using, I strongly recommend a clear bra or wrap to prevent future rock chips.
Old 07-10-12, 04:10 AM
TCKeyz
Pole Position

Thanks for the advice, I'll do that for sure and I remember you telling me that you had your bumper and hood repainted at No. 1 Collsion, how was the paint match especially under different lightings/sun?
Old 07-10-12, 10:38 AM
Linkseal
Driver

I recommend Century Collision in Burnaby, ask for Joe, honest and experienced body repair man.

Done tons of perfect body paint jobs for me and my other friends STi, EVO, Lexus, GTR etc...

http://www.centurycollision.ca/
Old 07-10-12, 01:49 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TCKeyz
Thanks for the advice, I'll do that for sure and I remember you telling me that you had your bumper and hood repainted at No. 1 Collsion, how was the paint match especially under different lightings/sun?
i could not tell if there was a color difference. if you can wait a few more weeks, you can check out my car in person when i get it back.
Old 07-12-12, 03:20 AM
TCKeyz
Pole Position

That would be great!! I am contacting the insurance company in the next few days and see if construction truck dumping rocks on my car is cover under insurance. And I'll probably go from there, I'll let you know, thanks again!
Old 07-16-12, 01:11 AM
TCKeyz
Pole Position

Has any one tried Korva? Heard they are top notch on paint jobs especially for high-end cars, but there were a few horror stories on lack of attention to detail.

So the 3 shops I have narrowed down are:
- No. 1 Collision (good paint work and matching)
- Vieta (heard a lot of fantastic things and specialize in Lexus but don't know how their paint works and matching are)
- Korva (high-end shop and top notch quality but few horror stories)

Anyone tried any of them and opinions? (forget about price, I just want quality work) thanks
Old 07-17-12, 12:46 AM
speedywa
Driver

if you don't mind going to Richmond, i would like to recommend a shop where I usually do all my body works
its called otto auto service, and the address is

11031 Bridgeport Rd
Unit 107 - 108
Richmond, BC V6X 3A2

i have painted my front bumper and rear spoiler there, my car is starfire pearl, the result is good, they match my car pretty well.
Ask for Ricky if you are going.