where to service my 04 RX330 in Richmond, BC

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-11, 10:42 AM
fanta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to service my 04 RX330 in Richmond, BC

Hi all,

I just moved to Richmond, BC. I used to service my Lexus at North shore Lexus, and they did a pretty good job.

Is there any recommended auto shop that do regular maintenance on my Lexus in Richmond?

I heard Richmond Lexus is horrible.

The other dealer is Vancouver Regency, but it's a bit far. However, I heard Regency Lexus does a very good job in servicing Lexus.

Is there any non-dealer auto shop that do a good job in servicing Lexus in Richmond, BC?

Thanks,
Old 10-19-11, 03:44 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Open Road Lexus Richmond did well for me.

Last edited by Sango; 10-20-11 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-20-11, 09:56 AM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango
Open Roar Lexus Richmond did well for me.
Richmond Lexus has renamed themselves to Open Road Lexus. I personally have not heard anything bad from them. But you don't necessarily need to go to a Lexus dealership to get your car serviced. You would think dealerships know their vehicles best but unfortunately this is rarely the case.

For basic service I bring both my Lexus' to Titanium Automotive. They used be on No. 6 Rd. near Cambie, but now he works out of his Garage at home.

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 10-20-11 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-20-11, 03:54 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
Richmond Lexus has renamed themselves to Open Road Lexus. I personally have not heard anything bad from them. But you don't necessarily need to go to a Lexus dealership to get your car serviced. You would think dealerships know their vehicles best but unfortunately this is rarely the case.

For basic service I bring both my Lexus' to Titanium Automotive. They used be on No. 6 Rd. near Cambie, but now he works out of his Garage at home.
Yep, it was pretty much what I meant (with the typo which I corrected). Open Road Lexus Richmond / Port Moody.

I only bring my car to the dealership for warranty work or regular service intervals. I used to go to a private mechanic when I had a 95 Corolla and 99 Camry Solara but had bad experiecne. Best way to put it - there were somethings that should of been worked on but was considered unecessary; which bascially ended up costing more for the repair as it also impacted other things which made it cost more by having the car serviced more until the root main cause was actually addressed looking back.

Last edited by Sango; 10-20-11 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-20-11, 07:55 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i go to regency lexus because they have more master techs than richmond lexus. the skill level of the techs is important to me. see post #22 in link below for more details:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/can...erience-2.html
Old 10-24-11, 04:46 PM
Golfson
Driver School Candidate

Mr. Lube.....
Old 10-26-11, 11:19 PM
narfy
Lead Lap

where's teh fail button? oh wait, this isn't revscene...

mr. lube is an over priced oil change only place... i wouldn't get anything but an oil change done there... our shop fixes a lot of their screw ups... they once put the wrong transmission fluid into a rav4, and by the time it made it to my shop, the transmssion was fubar...

they do "coolant flushes" in cars and don't bleed the system after...

you pay more because it's convenient.. just like 7-11
Old 11-02-11, 12:47 PM
fanta
Driver School Candidate

so the suggested approach is still go back to dealer cos the other shop will save you in the short run but cost more in the long run?
Old 11-05-11, 08:51 AM
narfy
Lead Lap

nobody knows your car best... yes, you pay more for your service, but they know those vehicles better than anybody, and should be able to keep your vehicle in tip top shape... that, and they use genuine parts only...
Old 11-08-11, 03:02 AM
Golfson
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by narfy
where's teh fail button? oh wait, this isn't revscene...

mr. lube is an over priced oil change only place... i wouldn't get anything but an oil change done there... our shop fixes a lot of their screw ups... they once put the wrong transmission fluid into a rav4, and by the time it made it to my shop, the transmssion was fubar...

they do "coolant flushes" in cars and don't bleed the system after...

you pay more because it's convenient.. just like 7-11
first of all, we're talking about a car that is (or almost) 10 years old, (****, mine is almost 14!)
and the only or main service IS just an oil change anyways.

Second, what else is needed to be fix or maintain? its a Lexus! trouble free, isn't this one of the reason your bought one? Well, mine is...

third, if there are problems, its rather simple and cheaper to just go to a body shop / mechanical shop to fix or maintain.

isn't this a vehicle owner's common sense towards the responsibility to evaluate the situation than to choose where to service a vehicle?

side note, depends if you have strings to pull at shops, i used to do oil changes with my LX470 at Mr. Lube, the whole service is cheaper than just buying engine oil at Canadian Tire!

But, regarding anything about the computer (ECU) program, I will go back to the dealer, I have, about the security system, and I have posted this before in one of the dealer thread.

1) if you are rich enough to do everything at the dealer, even with your 1989 Lexus...
2) if you are dumb enough not to evaluate the problem and where to fix...
3) just don't give a ****...
*If you are either or even one of the reason mentioned above, please disregard my whole post.

where is the rolling eyes button? oh wait, you'ar right, this isn't revscene...