Canada For events in Canada.
View Poll Results: Your preferred Lexus dealership...
Lexus On the Park (Toronto)
20.00%
Ken Shaw Lexus (Toronto)
0%
Scarborough Lexus (Toronto)
6.67%
Lexus of Richmond Hill (Richmond Hill)
13.33%
Don Valley North Lexus (Markham)
6.67%
Northwest Lexus (Brampton)
33.33%
Erin Park Lexus (Mississauga)
6.67%
Lexus Of Oakville (Oakville)
13.33%
Performance Lexus (St. Catharines)
0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

GTA Dealership Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-11, 07:09 AM
henesse
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTA Dealership Review

I thought this would be a good idea to keep us all in the GTA area well informed about service quality.

Last edited by henesse; 04-04-11 at 07:20 AM.
Old 04-04-11, 10:25 AM
BDSL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I also heard good things about Bullock City but I have not use them yet.
For the last few years, I have pretty much done all work on my cars.
I took my vehicles to Erin Park Toyota/Lexus a few times and they are great.
Old 04-04-11, 06:55 PM
rL-gT
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

Lol at erin park. Such a garbage dealership.

Yes I kno some of their employees are reading this and you all can die in a fire
Old 04-06-11, 08:22 PM
Kingpin
Rookie

North West lexus all day long ....

Great Crew from sales to parts

(i don't work for them BTW )
Old 04-07-11, 08:40 AM
henesse
Driver School Candidate

I'm sitting here at Lexus on the Park, the service advisors are definitely more knowledgeable than DVN Lexus. They explained what could possibly be causing the noise and what they'll be looking for. Looks poisitive so far, just waiting to see how good their technicians are.
Old 04-07-11, 09:22 AM
henesse
Driver School Candidate

Even though the service department was busy the turn around time for the road test was quick, I waited about 15 minutes.

Transmission grinding Noise:
This symptoms was not reproducible due to transmission temperature. Goes a way onece the transmission is warm. It takes about 20 minutes for the transmission to warm up in this car for the noise to go away.

Clicking noise from rear shocks:
The Technician confirmed that there was a clicking noise coming from the rear.

Front end shock absorbers and excessive oscillation:
Technician told me they seem to be fine by going over pot holes.
Pot holes can't reproduce the oscillation of the springs on a performance vehicle, only large bumps can.

He also said, "It's a performance vehicle, this is normal. I'll take a closer look and see if there is a problem.
I knew there was a good chance he was going to say that there was nothing wrong with it assuming its a performance vehicle and that the ride should be rough.
I've had my ISF long enough to know when there is a problem with it.

Call me ****, but I notice every snap, pop, crack and bump.
I payed the price, I demand the quality.

Last edited by henesse; 04-07-11 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-07-11, 09:43 AM
BDSL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, if you truely love your car, you wouldn't even let anyone except yourself to work on it. And if for whatever reason I couldn't do the job, I always double check their work.

I have a few cars and worked on numerous vehicles. One is moderately modified (forced inductions, etc ,etc)...

I learned that no one really cares about your car and safety more than yourself. This goes for everything else too....investments, kids, fitness, etc.

You will be surprised how much better of a job is done by learning and doing it yourself. It takes time...but a good investment.

I have dealerships and performance shops working on my cars before. They all make mistakes here and there.
Old 04-07-11, 10:50 AM
henesse
Driver School Candidate

BDSL, You are absolutely right, I wish I had the time.

They sent me out the door telling me it's fixed and if it causes more problems to come back. I made a u turn in 100 meters and went back because the noise was still there.
The service advisor turns to me and says, well I can't help you out today because my schedule is full!!! I just wasted 2 hours sitting here and now he wants me to come back another day.

I realy don't like Lexus and thier service quality anymore and I would never recommend anyone buying a Lexus again!!! It's like they've taken a hit on customer service over the past few years.

My BMW dealership takes good care of me and has never disappointed me. Even though my 335 has had more issues than my ISF, they've always been good about fixing them.
My mistake was not buying a M3.

Last edited by henesse; 04-07-11 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-10-11, 06:43 AM
ray89
Driver School Candidate

Henesse, I've read all about your dealership problems. Sorry to hear and hope the problems get resolved soon. I go to Lexus on the Park for parts and a few of my buddies work there doesn't seem too bad (I have an is3, unsure how service is there though).

Have you ever thought of going to Bullock City in Markham? Andy and Stanley were certified Lexus techs and do good work and pricing is fair. Just a suggestion.
Old 04-11-11, 06:19 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Henesse , by your own declaration you are **** .
Your not going to find any dealership that is going to be **** with warranty work as it is just that. They get paid for finding and fixing not looking .
Its unfortunate but it is the reality . You would need an independent shop to trace it down and then get reimbursed by Lexus for the repairs .

We both know they would have fixed what ever is the problem if they could find it so the reason they didn't is either they are incompetent or the issue did not show its self . If you want a car that is perfectly noise free it will take a varying amount of money and time but you have to be prepared to spend it .

I know from experience the best way to find issues is to leave a car a few days so the tech can drive it . That means they get to drive your car to and from work to chance it down . Not something i can swallow but i work on my own car so i don't have to worry about it.

GL but i warn you that 90% of posts in this thread will be in the negative as it is a magnet for upset owners experiences .