Canada For events in Canada.

DVN Lexus Horrible Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-11, 12:35 PM
Karbaum
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skperformance
All it takes in once service adviser to ruin an experience . It takes a service manager to ruin a reputation.
I have used DVN for years and like any place there will be blips on the radar but it is up to your service adviser to be knowledgeable and not BS you .
I have used Hiroshi who has always been a stand up guy even when i break his ***** a bit . I know the others there but i am all for consistency , if he is not there for drop off and delivery , either am I .
Hiroshi is definitely a stand up guy.
Old 04-20-11, 02:16 PM
Azarro
Driver School Candidate

take it to On the park. best dealership for service.
Old 04-21-11, 08:58 AM
fbdog
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by henesse
Lexus on the Park's service advisor Brian was extremly aggressive and was obnoxiously rude.
DVN's service advisors always treated me with respect and courtesy, regardless of the amount of *****ing I've done. I've never walked away infuriated, just annoyed.
+1

Brian was horrible and had the nerve to say some things you would never hear from a service rep that you've paid hundreds/thousands of dollars to over the course of several years (after buying your car from the dealership too).
Old 04-21-11, 09:38 PM
Globalinx
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Azarro
take it to On the park. best dealership for service.
Won't say much about the service of "On The Park" Had my car serviced there two or three times. Nothing to brag about. Regular waiting times while empty, no courtesy car. Just a regular Chrysler type of service for me. Used car sales on another hand deserve a note on here. Bunch of dishonest crooks. But I think I have written about it before. Despite that I had some issues with the DVNL in the past I would still recommend DVNL over the "Park" BTW, all the issues are resolved to my benefit now. And I was treated with a little reward today
Old 04-22-11, 07:52 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

is On the Park owned by the same folks from the previous Scarborough Lexus?

If that's the case, their Toyota dealership division has given me the most consistent worst sales experience I have ever had. The problem is their sales department was unethical, giving misleading sales promise.
Old 05-17-11, 02:11 PM
RudeDoggy
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
is On the Park owned by the same folks from the previous Scarborough Lexus?

If that's the case, their Toyota dealership division has given me the most consistent worst sales experience I have ever had. The problem is their sales department was unethical, giving misleading sales promise.
As far as I know, they are part of the same company (Scarborough Toyota, Lexus on the Park, Toyota on the Park).
Old 05-18-11, 12:50 PM
SILVRLININ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has this E-Commerce Manager, Robert Karbaum contacted any of you folks as of yet? If so, how was your experience? Was he able to resolve any of your issues?

Robert (if you're reading this), when you spoke to me over the phone, you put me in a position where I felt there was a need to defend my claims and safety concerns. I felt I was being interrogated. I would like to reiterate that I have no ulterior motives and receive no gains for openly having a discussion regarding my negative experience at DVNL with fellow forum members. Furthermore, I did not appreciate your condescending attitude towards my comment about not having received a courtesy car wash while my car was serviced at DVN (previous post). I also felt that it was inappropriate for you to ask me (customer) what I needed in order for you to resolve this matter. Hypothetically speaking, If I asked you for a years worth of free car washes, would you be in a position to fulfill such request??? In any event, you asked me a rhetorical question.

Perhaps you can prepare yourself and help trouble shoot with answers and resolutions for improving customer service the next time you make an attempt to contact a dissatisfied customer. As oppose to asking investigative questions and reconfirming dates, times and information.

Regards,

SV
Old 05-18-11, 03:45 PM
jchong
Driver

Why would you be so defensive if he is trying to gather more informaition? There is always 2 sides to every story and he probably just wants to get your side as he is not the person that dealt with you at the time. Also I think it is perfectly acceptable to ask you what you would like to resolve the problem, this allows him to either give you what you would like to resolve the situation or at least try and get you what you want. Otherwise he is going to offer you a solution that you won't like and you might get offended. Why not work with him to try and get the problem solved.
Old 05-19-11, 05:47 AM
SILVRLININ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jchong
Why would you be so defensive if he is trying to gather more informaition? There is always 2 sides to every story and he probably just wants to get your side as he is not the person that dealt with you at the time. Also I think it is perfectly acceptable to ask you what you would like to resolve the problem, this allows him to either give you what you would like to resolve the situation or at least try and get you what you want. Otherwise he is going to offer you a solution that you won't like and you might get offended. Why not work with him to try and get the problem solved.
JChong, you obviously have no idea as to what transpired when I experienced the safety concerns related to my vehicle as well as how the follow up to my concerns were mishandled. Therefore, it’s easy for you to sit there and accuse me of being defensive. Practice what you preach i.e. hearing 2 sides to every story.

The facts were documented and my concerns were ultimately acknowledged as legitimate by Lexus Corporate. Subsequently, there was no need for Robert to ask me cross referencing questions to determine if I was being truthful or not when the facts were in front of him. In short, my experience when speaking to Robert was redundant and no different from calling Rogers Cable and being transferred from department to department; repeating the same information over and over again without any resolve. At any rate, read my previous post that briefly outlines the negligence on the dealership’s part. Needless to say, I was driving an unsafe vehicle which negatively affected at that time; my safety, the public’s safety as well as my ability to report for work on time. What would you list for Robert to compensate for such experience???

These types of issues are prevalent across the board.

Last edited by SILVRLININ; 05-19-11 at 06:05 AM.
Old 05-19-11, 12:55 PM
charmz
Lead Lap

Took my car there this week for some recent recalls.

Guy on the phone when I booked my appointment told me it would be roughly 1 hours time and asked me if i could just wait for my car to finish - i agreed. After getting there service advisor told me it was more like 3 hours and told me I earlier denied a shuttle. Told him the only reason I declined was beacuse i was told my recall service would be 1 hours max. He arranged a ride for me and told me there was no loaners available.

I specifically told the advisor no wash, dont touch my paint, be careful (i just finished polishing my car a few days prior so i knew every single knick and scratch on my vehicle). Which I seen was highlighted in huge letters on my invoice so the message was sent to the techs....

When my car was ready I got a call from my advisor saying that they didnt have anyone available to pick me up at the moment so I had to find my own ride back or wait for a driver to call.

Found my own ride back to dealership, to see my car had 3 brand new scratches along the rear door and fender. I called my advisor to express my concerns about how i specifically asked for them to be carefull and not wash my car for a reason (which they didnt), and how i was not happy. He said he would make note of it, and that was that.

The scratches are not horrible but they are noticable, and were not there before. My car is full of light scratches so i didnt make a big deal of it.....

I will never bring my car back to DVNL for anything, ever, even a free service including free ******* from the girl behind the front desk.... And I have family members who work there.

Last edited by charmz; 05-19-11 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-10-11, 10:33 PM
henesse
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by suxeLSI003
Has this E-Commerce Manager, Robert Karbaum contacted any of you folks as of yet? If so, how was your experience? Was he able to resolve any of your issues?
Worthless, I traded my f'in Lexus ISF for a Toyota Camery Hybrid for the wife and picked up a 2011 BMW M3 Coupe (White on Red).
f.u.c.k lexus, i'm going to stay with BMW and never deal with these low life ****** again.

Keep it up *******s, everyone I know won't even go near a Lexus now.

Last edited by henesse; 06-10-11 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-10-11, 10:37 PM
henesse
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jchong
You've gota be kidding me!!!

Last edited by henesse; 06-10-11 at 10:46 PM.
Old 06-13-11, 04:18 PM
jchong
Driver

Originally Posted by suxeLSI003
JChong, you obviously have no idea as to what transpired when I experienced the safety concerns related to my vehicle as well as how the follow up to my concerns were mishandled. Therefore, it’s easy for you to sit there and accuse me of being defensive. Practice what you preach i.e. hearing 2 sides to every story.

The facts were documented and my concerns were ultimately acknowledged as legitimate by Lexus Corporate. Subsequently, there was no need for Robert to ask me cross referencing questions to determine if I was being truthful or not when the facts were in front of him. In short, my experience when speaking to Robert was redundant and no different from calling Rogers Cable and being transferred from department to department; repeating the same information over and over again without any resolve. At any rate, read my previous post that briefly outlines the negligence on the dealership’s part. Needless to say, I was driving an unsafe vehicle which negatively affected at that time; my safety, the public’s safety as well as my ability to report for work on time. What would you list for Robert to compensate for such experience???

These types of issues are prevalent across the board.

I am in no way trying to justify going to DVN...Personally I won't go there or buy a car from them either. But I used to work at a dealership so I can understand that customers can be very unreasonable at times. Most of the times this is the case when they are uninformed about cars, generally speaking ofcourse"

Originally Posted by henesse
Worthless, I traded my f'in Lexus ISF for a Toyota Camery Hybrid for the wife and picked up a 2011 BMW M3 Coupe (White on Red).
f.u.c.k lexus, i'm going to stay with BMW and never deal with these low life ****** again.

Keep it up *******s, everyone I know won't even go near a Lexus now.

....I can't even seriously respond to this quote..."f.u.c.k lexus"....right after you go and talk about buying a Camry?..You do know it's all the same right?

That could be the most stupid thing I have ever heard lol..
Old 06-25-11, 08:59 AM
rL-gT
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

Lol so much hate.
Old 06-28-11, 10:25 PM
cyc1984
Driver School Candidate

I would never buy anything from DVNL ever again. I ordered a CT200 back in March, sales told me the shipment has arrived in Vancouver and I should be getting it in 2 or 3 weeks so I put down a deposit. 3 weeks later, no word from DVNL, calls to sales rep were unanswered so I went to the dealership. It was then they told me the car is an order car and its still in production.

Sent a letter to Lexus Canada but they didn't do anything about it. It has been over 3 months already and they still can't provide me with ETA or the VIN of the vehicle.

I didn't mind waiting for so long, but at least they could have been honest to me about it. I sold my car after I put down the order and I've been stuck without a car for over 3 months. DVNL or Lexus Canada didn't bother to compensate me for these period of time when I need a vehicle for work.

If it wasn't for the high gas prices nowadays, I wouldn't have gone with this vehicle. I'm sure 4 years from now, after this lease is over, there will be better alternatives for hybrids.

Quick Reply: DVN Lexus Horrible Service