Canada For events in Canada.

Body shop in Vancouver

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-10, 11:58 PM
louisp_p
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body shop in Vancouver

Hi, has anyone have their sway bar installed on 3rd gen GS in Vancouver? Any body shop recommend? How much would the labour cost?
Old 10-26-10, 05:24 AM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

for mechanical, i go to thespeedsyndicate. curtis is a former licensed toyota tech, and so Alex is a licensed tech. even kevin, their apprentice, was from toyota. curtis drives a built ae, and kevin drives a supercharged is300. he's dropping a 2jzgte in his is, so should be pretty interesting.

for bodyshop, if its lexus paint and all original lexus/toyota parts i want back on the car, id go to richmond autobody (owned by open road group). was told by a friend that pretty much open road toyota owns that bodyshop.
Old 10-26-10, 10:37 PM
mildk2
Driver School Candidate

VOuch!! for Curtis and Alex's shop.... only shop I go to since they opened up.
Knowledgable and nice people to work with....I had front and back sways installed on my IS for about one hr to one and half...cost depends on their rate tho, should be about 100ish~
btw, are you Daniel's friend from sfu?? I think I saw your car couple days ago on Richards in downtown.... nice F-rims!!
Old 10-26-10, 11:25 PM
louisp_p
Driver

Originally Posted by mildk2
VOuch!! for Curtis and Alex's shop.... only shop I go to since they opened up.
Knowledgable and nice people to work with....I had front and back sways installed on my IS for about one hr to one and half...cost depends on their rate tho, should be about 100ish~
btw, are you Daniel's friend from sfu?? I think I saw your car couple days ago on Richards in downtown.... nice F-rims!!
Yes, I am.(I think we are talking about the same Daniel) Live on Howe St., so should be quite easy to see me around that area. Thinking to get myself a early Christmas gift lol. But not sure about the labour.
Old 10-27-10, 05:58 PM
narfy
Lead Lap

for aftermarket performance installations/tuning, go to thespeedsynicate... they're cool people...

for paint/bodywork... i'd go to vieta import autobody on 2nd avenue and manitoba... eduardo vieta is the owner/operator and QC is incredibly high at his shop...
Old 10-27-10, 07:59 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by louisp_p
Hi, has anyone have their sway bar installed on 3rd gen GS in Vancouver? Any body shop recommend? How much would the labour cost?
you got f-sport sways? did you buy yours from sewell lexus? what other mods do you have on your 3GS?
Old 10-27-10, 11:11 PM
louisp_p
Driver

Originally Posted by Stormforge
you got f-sport sways? did you buy yours from sewell lexus? what other mods do you have on your 3GS?
The mods I got so far are F-sport wheels, K&N CAI and Tanabe NF210 spring. Had sustec pro five couple months ago but decide to get the spring cuz they are just too stiff for vancouver's road; especially kingsway..... Want to get the sway bar to deal with the body roll. but havent decide where to buy the sways. Found them on ebay with good price

BTW, Tanabe USA is using 3rd GS on their front page lol.

Last edited by louisp_p; 10-27-10 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-29-10, 12:30 AM
Measured
Advanced

Received 101 Likes on 55 Posts

That's why you get the Sustec Pro S-0C setup instead Waiting to order mine with the back order on them. I get most of my stuff either installed by myself or my tech friends who work on higher end vehicles.

Good to know other areas for this sorta thing regardless.
Old 04-25-14, 10:20 AM
DLNM
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by narfy
for aftermarket performance installations/tuning, go to thespeedsynicate... they're cool people...

for paint/bodywork... i'd go to vieta import autobody on 2nd avenue and manitoba... eduardo vieta is the owner/operator and QC is incredibly high at his shop...
Do not recommend Vieta body shop. I thought it's a good shop at first. After all the hassles and dealing with the owner of the shop, it was such the worst experience I've ever had in the past. The paint job and service are out of place and the owner will never admit to it and keep asking you to pay for paint job issues done by the body shop. I had fair to good experiences with other body shops in the past and this shop will definitely waste you lots of time to get things done properly. I will definitely post some pictures of their job and what my experience was in detail later on.