Canada For events in Canada.

CL Vancouver is pretty dead these days

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-10, 06:43 AM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if u need another key, tell me, i have a blank spare w/ transponder. actually 2, i bought 1 extra thinking i would need it for my new GS, but turns out they provided a 2nd key, just was lodged at the bottom of the huge envelope of papers the car came with.

if u want it cut, try going to broadway locksmith.

Originally Posted by Measured
Hanging in the GS section and trying to find a place to laser cut my keys for cheap. Waiting for stoptech parts to come in, waiting for Tanabe coils to come in, waiting for my Daizen bushings, waiting to put my winters on. In other words I am doing a lot of waiting.
Old 10-18-10, 06:44 AM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

the heat, the stench, and the humidity i cant stand.

Originally Posted by Kaydee
Hey I'm alive and well here...I've adjusted pretty quickly to life over here. I love it here! the people can be a handful most of the time but it's nothing I can't handle. Everything is just bigger and better than in Vancouver, so I'm not really feeling homesick yet...I don't think I'll ever lol. If I do visit Vancouver I'm guessing it will probably be next Christmas.

check out my Shanghai thread to see some pics.
Old 10-18-10, 07:10 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

yep this place is fugging hot...it's not right now but come summer OMG. I was in Singapore before Shanghai and I thought Singapore was hot but this place is in a league all its own.
Old 10-19-10, 02:01 AM
Measured
Advanced

Received 101 Likes on 55 Posts

SorrGwa, I emailed them and they haven't replied. I basically need 2 keys I have cut as I have all the other bits. I appreciate the input and I am curious if you know roughly what the cost would be?

Kaydee, waiting is all in the hands of the shipping gods. In the case of the coils, they are back ordered for 6 months at least. I should have my most of my parts in by the end of the month.

I am about to do the full SMD LED's as I was offered by a vendor to do it if I review it. I don't know if I want to rush on the LED replacement yet.
Old 10-19-10, 01:40 PM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

i think it was $30 to cut the key
Old 10-19-10, 10:56 PM
Measured
Advanced

I appreciate you providing feedback on that. I confirmed it with them today as they finally got back to my email. Now I just need to figure out an exhaust that isn't loud and only has some grunt when I am on the gas a little.
Old 10-20-10, 06:13 AM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

i went with tanabe touring medallion. doesnt even have a grunt, its more of a purrrr...

the next step up i think would be either apexi ws, or even something like the greddy evo if they made it.

if u change ur y pipe, that will affect the exhaust note as well. for me, when i had the gs300, w/ the touring medallion, it went from a soft purr, to a, what i called it, a rebelious depressed dysfunctional cow w/ a cause! at one point, i thought it sounded like the retarded cousin to the g35 exhaust note. the 2jzge just doesnt put out enough exhaust gases.
Old 10-20-10, 11:07 PM
Measured
Advanced

That's fine with me as I don't want to much on the car at all. My last car that I had was setup for track days and sporty club runs before I blew the motor on it. It had a high flo-cat, race hearder and a performance exhaust and everytime I down shifted or slowed down.. It would pop like a rally car and I loved it.