Canada For events in Canada.

Angry rant: Diamond Parkin in Richmond

Old 07-24-09, 10:28 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Angry rant: Diamond Parkin in Richmond

heres my angry rant of the month

June 5, went to pick up a friend staying at four point sheraton on alenxandra and too him to dinner across the street

i parked in the parking lot of the restaurant first and walked across the street to sheraton to take my friend to the restaurant

then yesterday i got a parking violation notice (more than a month later, never got a ticket on the windshield)

infraction: walk off $65
late fee: $30
interest: $1.37

total: 96.37

i called and explained and they wont budge
still wants to charge me $50

what a bunch of robbers...

parking lot still had lots of spaces when i parked too

should i even bother paying?
Old 07-24-09, 10:45 AM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ask your friend for a receipt/invoice of his stay at the sheraton, fax it over to them, if they still wont budge, screw them.

then complain to the BBB for unfare business practices. write a letter or email to the parent branch, and get them in ****.

i had an issue with a hotel as well, i used my card to hold the room for my friend, and she paid for it all when she checked out. she also made some room service purchases, but htey decided to charge it to my card. took a little bit but they were at fault, i never signed an agreement they could charge my card for any room service (there is some agreement you must sign for them to use the cc)
Old 07-24-09, 11:05 AM
iNS0MNiAC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually all you need is the receipt for the restaurant since that is where you parked. It's true these guys are *****ing scam artists. I've had the same situation happen to me before. I even scanned the receipt and emailed it to them and they were still douches about it. The are a guy looking out the window for guys who leave the lot.

I would also recommend writting a letter to the BBB.
Old 07-24-09, 11:41 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

friend is not in country now and doesnt have the receipts anymore...

the (*&#% on the phone told me that i shouldve parked in sheraton's parking lot instead
Old 07-24-09, 02:08 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So long as a parking ticket is not from the city, then you dont have to pay it. If its from the city then it'll go against your credit or insurance or something? But if its from Imperial Parking or some BS then they cant do anything to you. They'll eventually send it to a collection agency that'll bug you for a while, but eventually they forget it..
I always seem to have ****ty luck with parking tickets, I always intend to pay, but somehow always get screwed for one reason or another. The only parking ticket I did pay was one from the city of Burnaby..
Old 07-24-09, 05:14 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

^ just ignore them and dont pay. Especially with Imperial. Collections can't do anything but hassle you for a bit.
Old 07-24-09, 07:27 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

^^Agreed. This is not even a City Bylaw infraction (I don't even pay those either), but a private worthless piece of paper. It would cost them a hell of a lot more than the revenue they'd get from the ticket to summon you to Court. The collection agencies just hope to scare you into fattening their bank account to justify and pay for their existence. Don't park there again tho', or they'll impound your car; just avoid Diamond lots from now on...

Take it from a well seasoned scofflaw...

And btw, City tickets do not have any effect on your credit rating... Urban Legend! I have hundreds of unpaid tickets, and I have never been refused any kind of credit...
Old 07-24-09, 07:58 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Burnaby
And btw, City tickets do not have any effect on your credit rating... Urban Legend! I have hundreds of unpaid tickets, and I have never been refused any kind of credit...
lol thanks for debunking the myth for us

what do collection agencies usually do?
call me?
keep mailing me?
Old 07-24-09, 08:38 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

rant of the month? does that mean there will be a rant every month? SWEEEEET!

edit: City tix can take you to court though (been there)

Last edited by Faymester; 07-24-09 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-24-09, 10:59 PM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

he has a cc bill no? it will say on the cc bill

Originally Posted by UberNoob
friend is not in country now and doesnt have the receipts anymore...

the (*&#% on the phone told me that i shouldve parked in sheraton's parking lot instead
Old 07-24-09, 11:10 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UberNoob
lol thanks for debunking the myth for us

what do collection agencies usually do?
call me?
keep mailing me?
They will for a while, and can be especially annoying if they get a hold of your landline. But tell them you've just acquired this new number, blah, blah... Different agencies, different tactics. What they usually do is buy the delinquent debt from municipalities, private parking lots, etc..., for pennies on the dollar, and go from there...
Old 07-24-09, 11:34 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Faymester
rant of the month? does that mean there will be a rant every month? SWEEEEET!

edit: City tix can take you to court though (been there)
If it's in your municipality, or close by, I can see them trying if the payback is great enough. I live in Coquitlam, and Vancouver even tried to serve me when I accumulated quite a few there. I wasn't home at the time, and they never came around again.

The perpetually whining City of Vancouver tried to get ICBC onside a few years back, but they refused to act as collectors for the City; besides it would have been a nightmare for them to administer the collections, conveniently tied to license renewals. Bylaws are a proprietary gray area of the law, unlike provincial statutes like the Motor Vehicle Act which they have a proactive vested interest in.

Bylaws can turn into a "he said, she said" quagmire when they are disputed, coupled with problems with scheduling appearances by the ticket issuer. They have enough on their plate with speeding tickets and other MVA infractions cluttering up the Courts, so they shy away from linking up with municipalities who have been swamped with mountains of parking tickets generated by a huge parking department staff policing thousands of meters popping up like mushrooms all over the City.
Old 07-26-09, 02:29 PM
eclipse604
Rookie

i got a parking ticket from the same lot about a yr ago. i got 2 letters and that was it...never heard from them ever again.. i just dont plan to park in any diamond parking lot again for fear of getting towed lol
Old 07-26-09, 07:09 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Parking problems are caused by a combination of Urban sprawl and systemically poor city planning, and the City of Vancouver has to be the worst offender when it comes to the latter. So why should anyone in their right mind pay for their chronic incompetence?
Old 07-26-09, 09:37 PM
Jetfire
Royale with cheese

finding parking in the west end and downtown is annoying. Lousy "permit only" spots on the west end.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Angry rant: Diamond Parkin in Richmond