Canada For events in Canada.

Paint Shop in the GTA

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-08, 11:50 PM
Lexinton
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Shop in the GTA

Was going to garage my car this winter, but first wanted to take it to a reputable paint shop. If anyone has any good experiences with a shop somewhere in the GTA and could let me know where to go would appreciate it! Name of the shop and the owner/person you dealt with. THANKS!!
Old 11-10-08, 11:37 PM
omgswifty
Pole Position

i second that, dont know any reputable paint shops myself either. need to oem paint match my lip kit and grill. anyone's input would be helpful to both of us.
Old 11-17-08, 06:36 AM
Lexinton
Driver

Seriously...there are no GTA residents in this section of the forum??
Still amazing to me the camaraderie the B.C. guys on this forum have and how tight knit of a community they seem to have.

Come on now ... where is the T-dot fam?? Don't be shy!!
Old 11-17-08, 08:51 AM
Scorny
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lexinton
Seriously...there are no GTA residents in this section of the forum??
Still amazing to me the camaraderie the B.C. guys on this forum have and how tight knit of a community they seem to have.

Come on now ... where is the T-dot fam?? Don't be shy!!

It funny how you brought this up,I was thinking about the same thing last week when I pick up an LS400.
Its almost imppossible to find something for sale,trade in Canada in the classified section.Recommendations are the worst,nobody wants to share.So far only one guy on here recommend a mechanic in Markham.
For the paint shop,I will check the accords and legend forums to see if I can source something and holla back at you guys.
Old 11-17-08, 05:49 PM
spider_55
Driver

CarTech Autobody Service Inc.
12 Heritage Road, Unit 9-10, Markham
905-294-3366
http://www.cartechautobody.ca/
Ask for Eddie

Great work, and great price.
Old 12-12-08, 04:40 AM
Lexinton
Driver

What work (if any) have you had done at this shop?
Old 12-13-08, 12:05 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

velocity in Markham does high end paint.
Also the previous place i mentioned Bullock started a auto body as well . So far i like their work and i am real picky.
Old 12-21-08, 12:42 PM
spider_55
Driver

Originally Posted by Lexinton
What work (if any) have you had done at this shop?
Paint front and rear bumper
Old 12-28-08, 10:11 PM
scrilla06
Driver School Candidate

427 auto collision is one of the best in north america. google them. i have never gotten a job done their but will be very soon.
Old 12-29-08, 08:13 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

scrilla if you have never gotten any work done from them how can you vouch for them ?
Is it personal opinion or an expert opinion from your field of work ? If so was it for collision repair , colour change , fitting a body kit or for custom body work ?
I have heard of them but to say they are the best in North America is more than an exaggerated claim without proof of such.

If someone wanted an easy to back up claim it would be legendary motor cars in Milton who are listed as one of the top 100 for making a perfect paint job as asked for but will cost at least 10 000 with no custom type work.

Mercedes Benz Weston is an excellent shop for matching paint colours and not over spraying or having dirt in the paint, they are careful and clean with no masking lines by using foam on the edges.

I mentioned 2 above also , but to each there own , it comes down to do you want to pay for what you are asking for.
Old 12-29-08, 10:15 PM
rL-gT
Lead Lap

Received 111 Likes on 61 Posts

can anyone recommend some shops in the west end?
Old 01-06-09, 09:27 AM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

Also the previous place i mentioned Bullock started a auto body as well . So far i like their work and i am real picky.
Andy at Bullock mentioned their body shop to me. When I had my car there for service they were doing a front bumper on a Mercedes R-Class. The work looked good and the match was damn near perfect too. My front bumper is in need of some attention from 17 years of wear and tear, so I think I'll be checking them out this spring.

Last edited by SC_coupe; 01-08-09 at 10:10 AM.
Old 01-16-09, 08:21 AM
scrilla06
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by skperformance
scrilla if you have never gotten any work done from them how can you vouch for them ?
Is it personal opinion or an expert opinion from your field of work ? If so was it for collision repair , colour change , fitting a body kit or for custom body work ?
I have heard of them but to say they are the best in North America is more than an exaggerated claim without proof of such.

If someone wanted an easy to back up claim it would be legendary motor cars in Milton who are listed as one of the top 100 for making a perfect paint job as asked for but will cost at least 10 000 with no custom type work.

Mercedes Benz Weston is an excellent shop for matching paint colours and not over spraying or having dirt in the paint, they are careful and clean with no masking lines by using foam on the edges.

I mentioned 2 above also , but to each there own , it comes down to do you want to pay for what you are asking for.
I have read reviews about them. I am not in this line for work but they have awards that they have gotten, it states they are one of the best in north america. as i said, i've never gotten job done from them so readers who are reading this will have to do their home work on them because, i will before i get a job done from them.
Old 01-27-09, 08:38 AM
rule1223
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by skperformance
velocity in Markham does high end paint.
velocity is a horrible bodyshop, i had my old car bumper painted there,
they can't even match the color, and after a few months, the paint started peeling, never go back there again.
Old 02-11-09, 10:15 AM
FMJ IS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i heard bullock paintshop is pricey?

my friend did some bodywork from cartech too, seems good quality to me

Quick Reply: Paint Shop in the GTA