Canada For events in Canada.

SPOTTED! In Vancouver...

Old 07-07-20, 09:53 PM
Vadim
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi - LstoneX.

These photos are a small part of what was done in my SC 300. I had experience servicing my motorcycles and cars in my garage. I love to drive fast and therefore wanted to make my SC a more powerful sports coupe. To do this, it was necessary to install a turbo engine and many other devices. I read in the forums how other car lovers did such tuning on their Toyota Soarer and Supra and what devices they used. I removed the front bumper from my SC and looked where I can put an additional 4 cooling radiators and electric fans, how to strengthen them, where can I transfer the tank with water. Then I found a workshop where they had already done such tuning, made a list of all the necessary equipment and bought an engine and the necessary devices. He ordered the engineer to build for me an ECU "Vems" for the 2JZ-GTE Twin Turbo engine - a "two way" with a VVT-i system with a capacity of 500 horsepower. Later, he made a liquefied Butane-Propane engine control program that worked perfectly. I switched the engine from AE-98 G-Drive gasoline to liquefied Butane-Propane and vice versa while driving without stopping and without engine malfunction. Another engineer made an automatic transmission Toyota / Aisin - A340E with a capacity of up to 500 horsepower. All electrical work was performed by a professional. I did some work my self in my garage: two additional windows on the front bumper to remove hot air from the cooling radiators; protection of the rear of the body from water and dirt in the area of ​​the rear wheel arches and other works. I used only the K&N air filter of zero resistance. Knecht (Mahle Filter) OC 23 large-capacity engine oil filter, engine oil changed after a run of 5000 km.

So I did the heat protection of the intake air on an atmospheric engine. On hot summer days, with active city driving, the temperature in the engine compartment rose to +110 °C. Therefore, for a turbo engine, I decided to buy a carbon fiber hood with a large window to remove heat from the engine compartment.

This is how I painted the braking cars with watercolors to find the best color scheme. Then this solution was used to paint the brake machines with real paints.

Water tank in a new place.

The ATF Automatic transmission electric fan and radiator are installed where the water tank previously stood.

Additional windows are windows on the front bumper for heat dissipation from the engine oil cooling radiators and ATF AT.

At my request, the welder installed 2 tanks in the silencer FUJITSUBO Legalis R - JZZ30. This reduced system pressure and high sounds.

The left dial - engine oil temperature / 1 cooling radiator / 1electric fan / 1 LED display.The inclusion of an electric fan at an engine oil temperature of +80 °C.

The middle dial is the temperature of the engine antifreeze / 2 Flex-a-lite 240 electric fans for the radiator for cooling the engine antifreeze. 2 LED displays.

The inclusion of 1 electric fan at an antifreeze temperature of +90 °C.

The inclusion of the second electric fan at an antifreeze temperature of +94 °C.

The right dial is the ATF AT / 2 the cooling radiators / 2 electric fans. 1 LED display.

Turning on the electric fan at ATF AT +60 °С.

LED display for visualizing the efficiency of the electric fan.

LED display with 10 diodes. Each diode corresponds to 10 % of the efficiency of the electric fan.

During the trip, I see the temperature of various liquids - engine antifreeze, engine oil, ATF Automatic transmission and the actual operation of each electric fan.

The oil filter of zero resistance of K&N firm before washing. The same filter after the next washing, drying and impregnation with oil.

Knecht (Mahle Filter) engine oil filter OC 23.

Protect the rear wings.
The following users liked this post:
LStoneX (07-07-20)
Old 07-07-20, 10:06 PM
LStoneX
Intermediate

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Vadim
Hi - LstoneX.

These photos are a small part of what was done in my SC 300. I had experience servicing my motorcycles and cars in my garage. I love to drive fast and therefore wanted to make my SC a more powerful sports coupe. To do this, it was necessary to install a turbo engine and many other devices. I read in the forums how other car lovers did such tuning on their Toyota Soarer and Supra and what devices they used. I removed the front bumper from my SC and looked where I can put an additional 4 cooling radiators and electric fans, how to strengthen them, where can I transfer the tank with water. Then I found a workshop where they had already done such tuning, made a list of all the necessary equipment and bought an engine and the necessary devices. He ordered the engineer to build for me an ECU "Vems" for the 2JZ-GTE Twin Turbo engine - a "two way" with a VVT-i system with a capacity of 500 horsepower. Later, he made a liquefied Butane-Propane engine control program that worked perfectly. I switched the engine from AE-98 G-Drive gasoline to liquefied Butane-Propane and vice versa while driving without stopping and without engine malfunction. Another engineer made an automatic transmission Toyota / Aisin - A340E with a capacity of up to 500 horsepower. All electrical work was performed by a professional. I did some work my self in my garage: two additional windows on the front bumper to remove hot air from the cooling radiators; protection of the rear of the body from water and dirt in the area of ​​the rear wheel arches and other works. I used only the K&N air filter of zero resistance. Knecht (Mahle Filter) OC 23 large-capacity engine oil filter, engine oil changed after a run of 5000 km.

So I did the heat protection of the intake air on an atmospheric engine. On hot summer days, with active city driving, the temperature in the engine compartment rose to +110 °C. Therefore, for a turbo engine, I decided to buy a carbon fiber hood with a large window to remove heat from the engine compartment.

This is how I painted the braking cars with watercolors to find the best color scheme. Then this solution was used to paint the brake machines with real paints.

Water tank in a new place.

The ATF Automatic transmission electric fan and radiator are installed where the water tank previously stood.

Additional windows are windows on the front bumper for heat dissipation from the engine oil cooling radiators and ATF AT.

At my request, the welder installed 2 tanks in the silencer FUJITSUBO Legalis R - JZZ30. This reduced system pressure and high sounds.

The left dial - engine oil temperature / 1 cooling radiator / 1electric fan / 1 LED display.The inclusion of an electric fan at an engine oil temperature of +80 °C.

The middle dial is the temperature of the engine antifreeze / 2 Flex-a-lite 240 electric fans for the radiator for cooling the engine antifreeze. 2 LED displays.

The inclusion of 1 electric fan at an antifreeze temperature of +90 °C.

The inclusion of the second electric fan at an antifreeze temperature of +94 °C.

The right dial is the ATF AT / 2 the cooling radiators / 2 electric fans. 1 LED display.

Turning on the electric fan at ATF AT +60 °С.

LED display for visualizing the efficiency of the electric fan.

LED display with 10 diodes. Each diode corresponds to 10 % of the efficiency of the electric fan.

During the trip, I see the temperature of various liquids - engine antifreeze, engine oil, ATF Automatic transmission and the actual operation of each electric fan.

The oil filter of zero resistance of K&N firm before washing. The same filter after the next washing, drying and impregnation with oil.

Knecht (Mahle Filter) engine oil filter OC 23.

Protect the rear wings.
Those are a whole lot of mods bro! 😱🤪

I'm curious... Did you put it in a dyno to see how much power you're now making? I also wonder how much added weight you've got on with all the additional components...

All in all... Great job!
Old 07-10-20, 10:01 PM
Vadim
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

According to OEM data, the Lexus SC 300 has a curb weight of 1610 kg., Permissible gross weight - 1875 kg. Acceleration to 100 km / h in 7.9 seconds. In the workshop where Subaru was serviced for winter races there were electronic floor scales of the company - "INTERCOMP". My SC was weighed without a driver, there were 60 liters of gas in the tank. My SC weighed 1784 kg on summer wheels. The car became 174 kg heavier. The driver and one passenger added another +170 kg. Then the second fuel system with liquefied Butane-Propane was not yet installed.
What is this weight made up of ?: wheels 2x17x8 and 2x17x9, tires 2x235x45 and 2x255x40; heavier brake machines and brake discs; heavier shock absorbers - “Tein Flex Z”; heavier engine 2JZ-GTE 3000 VVT-i two way twin turbo + oil - 6.0 l .; 1 radiator Mishimoto MMRAD-SUP-93T + antifreeze - 4.2 l .; 1 intercooler + pipes; 1 radiator for cooling engine oil + oil hoses + 1 electric fan; heavier AT A340E + 7.5 l. ATF AT + 2 cooling radiators ATF AT + oil hoses + 2 electro fans; 1 ATF power steering radiator; 1 differential TRD LSD 2Way; silencer Fujitsubo - Legalis R - 31 kg. If you add the weight of the driver and passenger - 170 kg. (1784 + 170) = 1954 kg.
The dynamometer stand for measuring engine power was in another city, I could not go there. Checking the acceleration time of the car (me and the engineer) from the moment of start to reaching a speed of 100 km. produced on a flat and straight stretch of ordinary road. To measure the time to reach a speed of 100 km / h, we used a personal computer with an engine control program and a GPS positioning device. They made six races, in four my SC reached a speed of 100 km / h in 5.20 seconds (5.31 / 5.20 / 5.20 / 5.22 / 5.20 / 5.20). At the same time, the acceleration dynamics is smooth and growing without “kicks in the back”, this is what “two way” means - the sequential mode of operation of 2 turbines.