Canada For events in Canada.

SPOTTED! In Vancouver...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-10, 09:10 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shuturmout
yeah they just gave me a quote for the installation not including alignment. still waiting for garage 5 to reply me with their quote.

edit:
just got the quote from garage 5: $225 + taxes for installation, and $130 for alignment. price is definitely better than rise auto's.
stkiss: does Advance do springs installation?
You should check Dale's alignment in Surrey. Installed springs for my 2IS AWD for $300 with 2 alignments. Once right after installation and another after 3000km. Great service too and $300 is for AWD so RWD will be cheaper

Originally Posted by stkiss
Not a spotted post, but a warning to those who go to Richmond Centre occasionally.
I went to RC today around 530pm, parked my car at the shelter-ed parking lot, (outside McDonald) stayed for around 2 hrs, and came out with my rear passenger window broken. A Hollister Jacket and 2 cushions were stolen.... this ******ing pissed me off. In fact, I did see a suspicious mid-age caucasian wondering around the parking lot before I parked. He stared at my car, stared at me, I knew something's wrong with him, but I never thought of a break-in.

Anyways, things do happen, nothing can be done except claiming ICBC. Does anyone have a glass shop recommendation?
Damn stkiss that sucks! Sorry to hear that. Surprised it happened at RC and afternoon too!
Old 01-17-10, 01:12 AM
k4fu
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^^

muggy, i thought alignment should be done AFTER the springs are settled, not RIGHT AFTER installation? or am i wrong?

cuz when garage 5 guy gave me the quote, he said you'll need to do an alignment a week after installation.

but $300 installed with alignment sounds like a good deal comapared to garage 5 and rise auto.
Old 01-17-10, 03:32 PM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

depends on the car, i believe the IS doesnt have camber adjust at the rears right? but when u lower the car, you change the geometry, so its best ot get the alignment done right after, then have it re checked some kms down the road after everything settles.

for ex, in order to lower the GS, u have to remove the camber adjusting bolt. you can mark it before you lower it so that u place the bolt back in place roughly the same location as before, but there is only so much accuracy u can do based on ur markings and not looking at a computer screen that shows the current specs.
Old 01-17-10, 10:35 PM
J250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Sorrgwa is absolutely correct. Our IS do not have the camber adjust so yes, you must do an alignment right after installation. Than another one after the springs settles. I pmd you Darryl's contact information who's Dale's son. IF possible bring another car cause haha Darryl drove me to a mall and i was stuck there for almost 5 hours ....
Old 01-18-10, 12:05 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Spotted black IS-F on East Blvd parked.

Also spotted a couple of Panameras... first time seeing them on the road. (Yup, quite Fug.)
Old 01-18-10, 06:56 AM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

spotted: a modded black 98-05 GS, had a lip, didnt notice the skirts, but noticed headlight brows and was on black steelies. i got the pic on my phone, too lazy to upload thats all. was spotted some time last week, parked in the parking lot of mcdonalds on boundary and lougheed.
Old 01-18-10, 09:16 PM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

There has been a lot of speculation since the first logo was put up months ago and even more now that the signs are up!

Ive been finally let into the loop and finally given the ok to let all know about Brian Jessel Autohaus. =)

So lets start...

Im sure you've all seen the logo up while driving along boundary road and wondered, whats that about?

Brian Jessel Autohaus is going to bring you the answer, where to bring your euro. Specializing in maintenance, Autohaus will be the place to bring your euro, after your warranty is up! What does that mean? It means you now have the option, yes, the option, to bring your car to a facility where you can expect the best service for your euro, at the most competitive pricing. Brian Jessel Autohaus won't skimp on quality! The staff of technicians are fully trained, fully licensed, and fully ready to take on your car, weather it be just a simple oil change, or if you want to go into customization. The service and parts staff have the full support of Brian Jessel himself, and are expected to give you the best quality experience without any sacrifices.

Where do I come into this? My choice on joining the Brian Jessel BMW team was coincidental in perfect timing with the start up of Autohaus. My knowledge, experience, and willingness to give the best customer service possible was why i was concidered for the job. Now how does this differ from Brian Jessel BMW? They are by far seperate companies, linked by the owner. However, all the great service you come to expect from Brian Jessel BMW, will be at Autohaus, and my goal is to raise the bar. Those that knew me and have delt with me at Advance know i take care of all the customers. Weather you come in to ask a quote or a simple oil change, or a full scale plan of attack for your ride, ill make sure to take care of you, and treat you no different.

How do i feel about this? absolutely excited! im back in the industry i love! And have the support of ppl that trust in my ability and in which all have the same goal, providing the best quality customer service possible!

So where do i come into this? I'll do my best to keep you guys up to date. Project builds and future outlooks! The focus will be of course euros, as thats where the staff started from, however, i wont turn away a customer, it just means you will be under my personal attention, and watchful help w/ the technicians.

Sounds fun right? OH HELL YEAH! After finding out about all this, i cant believe the team im gonna be on for this!

So with that said, thats all the news i have... ill keep you posted as for progress! But things look like they are going on ship shape there. I hope to see some of you guys, and since i may be front counter, you can always swing by and say hi. (just not right right now cuz im still in shipping learning the ropes at BJ BMW )
Old 01-18-10, 09:25 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

cool! so will you be switching to bmw sometimes down the road?
Old 01-18-10, 09:49 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

That's very exciting SG, very exciting indeed.
Old 01-18-10, 10:06 PM
narfy
Lead Lap

purdee cool... i'm glad there's other people out there that LOVE their job in the auto industry...
Old 01-18-10, 10:41 PM
604GS4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SorrGwa
spotted: a modded black 98-05 GS, had a lip, didnt notice the skirts, but noticed headlight brows and was on black steelies. i got the pic on my phone, too lazy to upload thats all. was spotted some time last week, parked in the parking lot of mcdonalds on boundary and lougheed.
Hey im new to CL, that was my black GS. I imported it from California in Nov. It has a UGO front lip and UGO roof spoiler, Tein SS, LED tails, and a few other things.
Old 01-19-10, 12:32 AM
stkiss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 604GS4
Hey im new to CL, that was my black GS. I imported it from California in Nov. It has a UGO front lip and UGO roof spoiler, Tein SS, LED tails, and a few other things.
welcome to the club!! a new member to our big family!
Old 01-19-10, 04:53 AM
iSwift
Driver School Candidate

EFFING SOB, my EFFING FRONT PASSENGER SIDE DOOR GOT KEYED...***** *%@(#*$. stay away from starlight guys =.='a. and does anyone noe if i can claim icbc?!
Old 01-19-10, 05:21 AM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

naaa. my winter beater is dead, so my primary and only car right now is my GS.

ive set my goals to pay down the HELOC to a respectable amount to generate a 2nd one off its property.

but as for a 2nd vehicle goes, i kinda got my eye set on an 03+ MR-S.

the only bimmers i would ever consider is either an 135i, e46 m3 conv, or an e39 m5.

Originally Posted by Stormforge
cool! so will you be switching to bmw sometimes down the road?
Old 01-19-10, 03:59 PM
stkiss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by iSwift
EFFING SOB, my EFFING FRONT PASSENGER SIDE DOOR GOT KEYED...***** *%@(#*$. stay away from starlight guys =.='a. and does anyone noe if i can claim icbc?!
omg.. what's happening to us?!?!?! first it's Mazuka, then me, now you.. poor Lexies.. you can definitely claim ICBC as long as your car was legally parked. It will be $300 deductible for you tho~ to avoid color mismatch, I suggest you get the whole side re-painted (if u know what i mean). But you may wanna consider some other shops beside bismark, cause they did a poor job on my starfire white...(which is orange peel-like)

Quick Reply: SPOTTED! In Vancouver...