Canada For events in Canada.
View Poll Results: what i your favorite dealer, and why?
richmond
6.67%
north vancouver
13.33%
port moody
26.67%
vancouver
53.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

BC: unhappy service experience...

Old 07-09-07, 12:46 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BC: unhappy service experience...

***RANT WARNING ON***

i've lost faith with jp lexus

i brought my mom's car in for service. what i ended up with was a dirty, damaged service loaner with no gas in the tank. in return i got back my mom's car poorly washed and leaking oil.

in the end i lost a 1/2 day's work having to back 3 times and a second wash of the car as an apology for the oil issue... when i got home, i found that they had scratched the paint (second time for us)

i spent the weekend buffing out the scratch. they had spilled a lot of oil on the undercarriage during the service and they had claimed to have cleaned it, but i noticed again more oil on the floor. so i took it to a self-serve carwash and cleaned it myself.

***RANT WARNING OFF***

i'm thinking of going elsewhere. my only other 2 choices are regency at their swanky new digs, or port moody, which is the equivalent of being on the edge of the earth for me in travel time, but i will make the trip if it means better service. unfortunately i have to make an exception for one other; i don't want to deal with crossing the bridges to get to richmond lexus so that option is out.

so... please answer the poll and tell me what your experiences have been like to help me decide where to go next.

thanks!
Old 07-09-07, 01:29 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

regency treats you fabulously ... port moody sux ... ive got a thread on why i think this somewhere in the canada forum already ... i think the title was "open road sux, regency rox"
Old 07-09-07, 03:22 PM
legomaniac
Pole Position

I've only had service at richmond lexus so it's unfair to vote for them... however, all my experiences there have been good thus far although i haven't had anything major done there
Old 07-09-07, 08:25 PM
MLee
Pole Position

I've only been to the port moody dealer and long wait time for the car to finish maintance. For example, they say 2hr, you should expect 4hrs.

Then again, I have courtesy car to use, so is not too bad..
Old 07-10-07, 10:47 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

damn sux to hear that
isnt north shore lexus also jim pattyson's?

i didnt like the service i got at north shore lexus
port moody was decent
from what i can tell, regency in vancouver has the best service all around with their new facility
Old 07-13-07, 02:31 AM
604IS350
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about what happened Ben.

I would never go to any dealer service because first they are expensive. Second, they don't do a good job sometimes including warranty issues. I used to go to Richmond Lexus but now I don't go anymore.
Old 07-13-07, 04:14 AM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

it's true ... for general service I don't visit a dealer either ... but when I do have dealer needs ... that's when I go to Regency ... talk to Justin
Old 07-13-07, 07:30 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 604IS350
Sorry to hear about what happened Ben.

I would never go to any dealer service because first they are expensive. Second, they don't do a good job sometimes including warranty issues. I used to go to Richmond Lexus but now I don't go anymore.

i have to this time. i have a major $400 120k km service coming up, and i don't want to run to 3 separate shops to get everything done.

at first i thought i could go at it alone, but then i realized just how much work needs to be done it's just not time-feasible for me. i need to do a power flush of the coolant system and transmission, which involves specialized equipment that few private shops have.

Last edited by Benjamin T; 07-13-07 at 07:35 AM.
Old 07-13-07, 01:21 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My vote goes to Port Moody.
Old 07-14-07, 12:24 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

i heard that richmond lexus also has very good service
sales anyways
thats why my friend bought his lexus there instead of other dealerships where other dealerships had the RX330 for cheaper

one thing to keep in mind is that a lot of the ppl at the Port Moody dealership came from Richmond Lexus as both of them are owned by Open Road so when port moody first opened, they just transfered a bunch of ppl from richmond over and hired some new ppl too

Cameron Mah treated me well for the service and parts @ port moody
Fayme didnt get quite as good of a reception from him though for some reason so YMMV (your miles may vary)
but he did represent all the lexus/toyota techs in GVRD to compete in some toyota/lexus technician competition event in japan

Last edited by UberNoob; 07-14-07 at 12:47 AM.
Old 07-14-07, 07:11 AM
JLSC
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I only go to Regency Lexus for parts and service. The team is professional, friendly, and they know their stuff.

I stopped going to JP Lexus a few years ago because their service was going downhill. For example, they replaced one of my headlights and I could have sworn they put a scratch in the paint next to the new light but I couldn't prove it. I haven't been very impressed with the service provided the staff at the Richmond Lexus service counter either. They didn't strike me as being very knowledgeable about their products. I tried to get a valve adjustment on my previous SC and they really really did not want to undertake the work. I know it's a tedious task but I was willing to pay since the valves were getting noisy. It also seems that the Parts counter staff are tired of their jobs. Perhaps my expectations may be too high....
Old 07-15-07, 09:44 AM
Purdy99
Driver School Candidate

As I said in my tranny failed post, Open Road sucks.

1.5 yrs into ownership, my driver's side seat ripped along the piping. It was clearly not the kind of tear that would be caused by sharp object trauma. BUT, Richmond took one look at it and said "leather seats are not covered under warrantee".

Drove over to Regency. Dave (the SM there) took one look and said "No signs of it ripping for an external cause. We'll take care of it." They put in a new seat cover and told me the reason was my seat heater was faulty and overheating the leather. They replaced that too.

So, for a small repair that made a HUGE difference to a customer, they got my business for life.

Unfortunately, I think I got an RX lemon 'cause everything that can go wrong has gone wrong, but thus far, the service has made up for it.

(By the way, I agree with talking to Justin...he's a good guy.)
Old 07-15-07, 11:07 PM
604IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Purdy99
As I said in my tranny failed post, Open Road sucks.

1.5 yrs into ownership, my driver's side seat ripped along the piping. It was clearly not the kind of tear that would be caused by sharp object trauma. BUT, Richmond took one look at it and said "leather seats are not covered under warrantee".

Drove over to Regency. Dave (the SM there) took one look and said "No signs of it ripping for an external cause. We'll take care of it." They put in a new seat cover and told me the reason was my seat heater was faulty and overheating the leather. They replaced that too.

So, for a small repair that made a HUGE difference to a customer, they got my business for life.

Unfortunately, I think I got an RX lemon 'cause everything that can go wrong has gone wrong, but thus far, the service has made up for it.

(By the way, I agree with talking to Justin...he's a good guy.)
I had a similar experience at Richmond Lexus. (I had a cracked front right headlight) At first the service manager said "Sorry, it's not covered by warranty" but after that she said she will take some pixs and send it back to headquarters to see what they say. A few days later she called and told me that they ordered the parts already and the warranty will cover it. The stupid part of it was the first time I went in to get it fix, the never hooked up the adaptive headlight system properly because the headlamp should adjust every time you start he car. Furthermore, they never adjusted the height of the lamp properly too so one headlight was shooting higher than another. So I had to go back in a second time to get it fixed. It seems like they don't want to deal with warranty issues.

Sorry for the rant but that was my experience with Richmond Lexus.
Old 07-16-07, 10:56 AM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

it would be nice if we could get a place like regency lexus to sponsor us
Old 07-16-07, 11:05 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Benjamin T
it would be nice if we could get a place like regency lexus to sponsor us
lol thats what ive been saying for sometime but no one seemed to care
if we get more responses and more people show up to the meets as a more active club, im sure sponsorship would be easier to negotiate

btw its good to see that u finally sold ur wheels after so much trouble
what rims r u running on now?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BC: unhappy service experience...