$500 day

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-06, 04:33 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy $500 day

My day:

So I went for coffee this morning @ starbucks which isn't serving anything made with water because of the contaminated reserviors; so, no coffee for me (and I get coffee everyday)

Unhappilly but reluctantly I go off up the hill (SFU) to class where after crossing through the main interstection (where the cement sign saying "SFU" is) I go over the slight crest of the hill and get pulled over. (For those of you that know, the speed trap was right before the 1st left turn into the MTF)

'****' I say to my self, I'm already late, I don't have coffee and now I'm getting pulled over ... ****ing beautiful.

Cop says, 'you were speeding...'

I say, 'I'm late for a midterm and can't find ANYwhere to get coffee.'

Cop says, 'that's not my problem, license and registration.' I hand the stuff over and before he walks asay cop says, 'roll your window half way up,' so I do and buddy puts a BIG hand print on my driver window and continues on to say, 'this is tinted ... that's very illegal.'

In my defence I respond with, 'it's not my car ... it's my mums.' (which it is ... the car is actually regesteredto her). Cop goes away to his car and takes an abnormally long time doing who knows what ... probably looking up the maximum fine he could give me for what I was doing.

Cop comes back and presents me a ticket for $196 (for the speeding, and I was going maybe 10 over ... MAYBE, because I really didn't wanna hydroplane around the corner or something) and a notice that says I have 30days to have my tinting removed and present my UNTINTED car to an officer of the court.

I asked buddy cop there what I was supposed to tell my prof because I was now quite unacceptably late for my midterm and no lates were allowed and again cop says, 'that's not my problem.'

So what am I to do? I leave and go off to B lot where I searched for parking. Once I parked I phoned my mum and told her the whole thing.

I clearly missed my class so I decided to call N-Motion and ask about this tinting issue ... obviously I will have tint removed, present my car and go have tinting reapplied ... = $50 (per window) for removal + $80 (per window) for application ... total = $260 + tax ... sooo exciting ...

My day has cost me $500

The plan: distpute the speeding ticket, but I see no way out of this window thing.
Old 11-17-06, 06:51 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

damn

ive seen under cover cops in volvos pulling ppl over around gaglardi and university way too

its friggin annoying

oh well better take it easy since there has been like 3 car accidents on the hill in the past week or so due to the stupendous amount of rain...

do what i did with my front window tint
i bought a tint removal kit from canadian tires
its like $15 bucks or something
comes with a solution that removes the residue and softens the film so it comes off easier
also has a razor so you can scrap things off

worked out ok and my front windows are now untinted...
u could also pay a fine and keep the tint but then ull probably get pulled over for it again in the future and have to pay the fine once more

to me, tint on driver's and front passenger windows are not worth the trouble... stupid BC should allow a certain degree of tint...

btw how old are you? how much are you paying for ur insurance now and how much do you expect it to go up after getting this ticket?

good luck disputing it, it is getting tougher and tougher to actually win it in courts unless u get lucky and the cop doesnt show up after u changing the court date

oh what faculty are you in?
Old 11-18-06, 06:34 AM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe, you could use something like the sun/privacy screens in Audis and Volvos for the front windows? It's not tint but,...
Old 11-18-06, 04:16 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by clubfoot
Maybe, you could use something like the sun/privacy screens in Audis and Volvos for the front windows? It's not tint but,...
i think that worsens the view for shoulder checking than tint

what model of lexus do u have btw?
Old 11-18-06, 07:58 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

im in a 2001 is300

i like this idea of removing the tint myself [not the actual doing it ... but the fact that its a cheaper option ... especially when im going to put some form of tint back on]

im debating taking the tint off ... and leaving it off for say 6months ... and in the mean time ill do things like intake and some under the hood mods

very annoyed about the whole thing tho ... but i do like the sun tint strip idea ... i shall inquire @ n-motion
Old 11-18-06, 09:49 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

i still have some of that tint removal solution i think
if u want, i can help u with it

u could also try this
http://www.tintcenter.com/articles/bt_removal.html

btw u just got ur front windows tinted not long ago too eh
thats just plain bad luck

Last edited by UberNoob; 11-18-06 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-08-06, 12:25 PM
AJA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Faymester
My day has cost me $500
The plan: distpute the speeding ticket, but I see no way out of this window thing.
Oh well. Just pay the $500. Don't need to dispute it because you violated the law.
Old 12-08-06, 12:34 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

HA ... no no ... I'll be disputing it ... if I can not pay, that's exactly what I intend to do.
Old 12-08-06, 12:47 PM
AJA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Faymester
HA ... no no ... I'll be disputing it ... if I can not pay, that's exactly what I intend to do.
See .. you will do another violation if you don't pay!
Old 12-08-06, 04:53 PM
Faymester
Lexus Fanatic

still equates not paying ... its all good i will keep everyone posted as to how this turns out ... i have lower hopes for getting to keep my tint tho ... speeding one i can get out of ... tint maaaayyybe