Canada For events in Canada.

Change of a parameter of external temperature with °F on °С.

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-06, 09:45 AM
Vadim
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Change of a parameter of external temperature with °F on °С.

Dear sirs! Greetings from Russia to fans Lexus SС 300 and Lexus SС 400.
I - Vadim Bubnovskiy have Lexus SС 300, I live in Russia in Urals Mountains in a Ekaterinburg Sverdlovsk area. It is registered by member Club Lexus Forums.
In July, 2005 I have bought in Dallas the machine - Lexus SC 300 1997 years of release because I love greater compartments.
The machine has come to me through Atlantic ocean in the container on the ferry.
Has passed 1.5 years of its use. I am very happy with this machine. In our city it is unique Lexus SC 300. there are some more machines (5 - 9) from Japan marks Toyota Soarer, but all of them with the right rudder. In city many other compartments and sports-compartment, including Lexus SC 430, but it absolutely other machines both on a class and on charm, therefore they me interest a little.
I wish to communicate with owners Lexus SC 300 and Lexus SС 400 of the USA.
The machine has liked me, despite of insignificant defects the left traces on its body and in interior.
I shall shortly describe results of operation for this period.
Our masters have lead careful survey of the machine and its service. The cowl, forward wings, a spoiler of a luggage carrier are painted and to lacguer a bumper, glasses of headlights of a passinglight are polished, new antifreeze with a parameter of freezing -40 °С is filled in, the new storage battery is established, has replaced plugs of the battery, has replaced both of a belt of the engine, two omentums of cam-shafts, натяжитель belt ГРМ and a candle, has replaced salon the filter and the filter of oil of the engine and twice oil in the engine, has partially replaced oil in АКП, has replaced greasing of a reducer of the back bridge and greasing of the steering mechanism, has replaced bearings of a back axis, has replaced the damaged details of furnish of interior, has replaced shock-absorbers of a cover of a luggage carrier, has made adjustmentof all wheels with disorder and a convergence, has established new 4 wheel disks of firm Toyota - 16х7-114.3х5-ЕТ+45 on which are established winter Finnish шипованные tire covers as at us snow winters with ice.
On style of driving I the driver. Constantly I drive both on city and on a line. On a line in view of quality of ours dearly could reach speed in 245 km/h. However usually I go with a speed 180 - 215 km/h, for what me the traffic police very often stopped. It bothers, as actually it is impossible to do a bit of travelling quickly even there where there are to it road conditions. It is very happy with dynamics of dispersal, efficiency of brakes and comfort of the driving in this excellent machine, special charm of management to it - easily and very informatively and effectively. The comfort of this machine suits my wife more than Тоуота Саmry (European) which was at us.
I can not get used to a parameter of external temperature behind a board of the car in °F, instead of in °С. I wish to translate this parameter in °С, whether but I do not know it is possible to make it and as it to make. If members of club know, how it to make - I ask to inform - in advance I thank for the help.
The machine at me costs in warm garage. The winter 2005 - 2006 was cold up to -38 °С with a wind within three weeks. It, and also bad motorways in city and on lines between cities have negatively affected racks of shock-absorbers and springs. In July, 2006 at a trip on a line between cities I have heard, that the forward right wheel began to touch the top part of a wheel niche. Has stopped, has looked and has confirmed the assumptions. Has arrived to city and at once has checked up work of racks in car-care center at the computer stand which at us call - “to shake”. It has appeared, that for a year of operation of the machine on our roads working capacity of forward racks has decreased to 32 %, and back up to 34 % from 64 % and accordingly 67 % at the moment of arrival of the machine from the USA.
Low temperatures and bad motorways have led to premature failure of these units. The diagnosis was one - the recommendation on replacement of all racks of shock-absorbers and springs in a complex. And springs to them I have ordered racks of shock-absorbers under the catalogue on my machine in Japan asat us in the service center “ Тоуота - Lexus ” they cost in 1.5 times more expensively, to the same, they there too are not present available. The order has been executed through the intermediaryin Russia for three weeks. Now these details are established on the machine. It is pleasant to go by the serviceable machine.
I put a photo of mine Lexus SC 300 in Dallas before its purchase and a photo of the same machine already in Ekaterinburg. I hope for dialogue.
Yours faithfully, Vadim.[ATTACH]Attachment 94226[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails -lexus-3.jpg  

Last edited by Vadim; 11-20-06 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-18-06, 06:27 AM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forums Vadim. It sounds as though you will need to replace the springs and shocks due to the poor road surfaces in you area, good luck with the replacement,...nice SC300
Old 11-18-06, 11:18 AM
Vadim
Driver

Originally Posted by clubfoot
Welcome to the forums Vadim. It sounds as though you will need to replace the springs and shocks due to the poor road surfaces in you area, good luck with the replacement,...nice SC300
clubfoot – thanks for attention and kind wishes.
In Ontario there live sociable, good people.
In this letter I shall repeat the main question of my previous letter, hoping to the aid members of club.
I Lexus SС 300 is equipped by information systems under the standard of the USA. In the USA the parameter of external temperature behind a board of the car is specifiedon the display in ºF, instead of in ºС. I wish to translate this parameter in ºС on the Lexus SС 300, but here in Russia nobody can give me consultation as it to make.
In Canada the parameter of external temperature behind a board of the car is specified on displays in ºС, instead of in єF. In Canada there are the same machines broughtfrom the USA. Therefore I think, that someone in Canada changed in a computer of such machine a parameter of external temperature behind a board of the car with ºF on ºС.
I wait consultation about replacement of a parameter of external temperature behind a board of the car with ºF on ºС.
In advance I thank for the help.
At us in Ekaterinburg 17.11.06 there has come winter, the snow, temperature-12єС. rain has dropped out 15.11.06 more day went. I have left in city by the pure machine, and here such itat me became after this trip. In the evening 16.11.06 I have washed the machine, and 17.11.06 there has come winter and all has frozen. It is good, that I have had time to wash the machine before frosts. In the morning 17.11.06 I have removed years wheels from the machine and have put winter wheels with thorns. Now I go by them.
Attached Thumbnails -151106.jpg  
Old 11-20-06, 03:18 PM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

You will have to purchase a non USA display,...sorry. Try E-bay.
http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?p...=1#post4557529
Old 11-21-06, 02:30 AM
Vadim
Driver

Default If you to me have questions I shall try to answer them.

clubfoot – thanks for attention and care.
On Lexus sС 300/400 there go only good people! You have requested the friends, and they have given the good information. I shall work with the site specifiedby you - http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?p...=1#post4557529 and I shall inform you on results.
I have read through, that the member of club - digger08 liked mine stad wheels for winter. I put a photo of mine - Lexus SC 300 with the Finnish trunks on thorns Н-4-225х55х16 on disks 16х7+45 for driving in the winter. They now cost by my machine. If you to me have questions I shall try to answer them.
Attached Thumbnails -23.jpg  
Old 11-22-06, 09:24 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You would need a Canadian version of the climate control . Japanese ones would have the buttons reversed but in Celsius.
Old 11-22-06, 11:44 PM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how about if my car has stock nav
do i have to change the NAV ECU to get it to change to C?
Old 11-23-06, 12:18 AM
Vadim
Driver

Default In Ontario there live sociable, good people.

Originally Posted by skperformance
You would need a Canadian version of the climate control . Japanese ones would have the buttons reversed but in Celsius.
Skperformance - thanks for attention and kind wishes.
In Ontario there live sociable, good people.
You have correctly understood my question and have correctly given me the recommendation. However the concrete decision consists probably in replacement information in a computer of the machine, and here, that as well as than to replace - I do not know.
While my attempts to find the information under the decision of this problem in internet in club sites Lexus SC 300/400 - Тоуота Soarer, including in Russia - have not given result.
I shall continue searches.
Old 12-01-06, 10:14 AM
Oyvind
Driver School Candidate

Can be done. I guess it's a computer programming/eeprom-thing. ;o)

http://www.speedofix.com/
Old 12-02-06, 07:35 AM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

Wow, great find Oyvind!
Old 12-02-06, 08:42 AM
Vadim
Driver

Default I have found the decision of this problem.

Oyvind
Skperformance
UberNoob
clubfoot - greetings! Thanks for attention.
I have found the decision of this problem. In Moscow there is a firm, which to change the temperature display from Farenheit to celcius. From Ekaterinburg up to Moscow - 2000 km. - too far it is necessary to go for the decision of such problem. It of that is not necessary. I shall search Therefore at myself in Ekaterinburg for firm which does such replacements.
When I shall make such replacement I shall inform members of club in detail.
Old 12-03-06, 07:11 AM
Oyvind
Driver School Candidate

Dear Sirs!
Since I have the same problem... ;o) with the USA reading, I been looking into the problem for a while.. Toyota/Lexus don't seem to have the will to look into it, or they do'nt have the programs to change it. (Factory only?? ;o))
It seems to be one EEprom in the speedometer, one in the nav. and one at the ECU. (Maybe one in the AC, too.) Please correct me, if I'm wrong.
The old programmers, based on OBD can't do the job on all parameters. After 1998-99 and so on, they canged to OBD II. This is standing under the hood of your car. "Vehicle emission control information"
This is the programming interface of the car. From here, with the right programming unit, it seems you can change C-best settings, speedometer values, driving computer, odometer readings and so on.
The box/connection OBD2unit is located under the dashboard of the passanger seat. It should be viewable if you are looking from the outside and in, under the dashboard. (I haven't tried.. ;o))
I am not sure if the nav/ac-unit got it's own EEprom, or just use the values from either/or ECU and speedometer.
If you Vadmin, find out more, or how, please do inform.

The right programmer can also reprogram the EEprom to remove the 112 mph block.
But it seems like some do this by just mount an extra unit, to block/remove the signal to ECU.
The bottom line, so far, seems to be that you must have a programmer that can read/write to both speedometer and ECU. That reduce the amount of OBD2 programmers quite drastic.. ;o)
Glad if this helps anyone. I'm still confuesed... ;o)