Buyer / Seller Feedback Forum The feedback forum is where you can post both good and bad experiences with members whom you've dealt with in our ClubLexus Marketplace classifieds forum. Please read rules before posting here!

Buyer beware !!!!

Old 10-10-14, 02:26 PM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Buyer beware !!!!

I just want to warn you guys about my experience with buying suspension products from a company called Just suspension
I purchased a set of KYB Gr2 struts for my SC and the second day after they were installed I noticed how bad my car was riding so I went back to the shop to see they was up . The shop I'd s speed shop that installs everything from spark plugs to superchargers and builds cars etc . Not a fly by night shop . The shop put my car up on the rack and discovered that all 4 struts were blown . I contacted the vendor and told him what happened n he proceeded to tell me it wax my shops fault n they used pliers or something on the shafts to install causing the struts to fail. Said it happened all he time and they even send you a link explaining this. This is total BS I inspected the struts myself n there was one tiny nick on one from taking it out but nothing else . I was told I had to send the struts at my expense back to KYB for inspection and if the struts were defective they would send me out a new set . This is total scam. They if course told me that the front 2 were damaged caused by the phantom plier scenario . What a joke then they asked me if I wanted them back n after several months still haven't received them back. Every email they have the nerve to end it with Happy Motoring. Just to tick me off. Just warning you
Don't deal with these scammers n I thought KYB were decent struts as I had them on my old Z32 with no problems. It's a shame a company can take your money n then just blow you off when their product is defective. Thanks. If anyone else had had a similar experience with Just Suspension. P m me maybe we can do something to protect the consumer.
Old 10-10-14, 03:01 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Better Business Bureau Complaint!
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started

Then Yelp them badly!
Old 10-10-14, 04:43 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Although I couldnt make out about half of what your saying I understand. I never heard of that company "Just Suspension" before, as for KYB's they are one of the best companies out there and close to OEM feel, I have used their struts before even on lowered springs and they held up fine.

Hard to believe all 4 struts will go out in a day are you for sure they are real KYB's and not some cheap and defective knockoff?

What "link explaining" the shop installed them wrong are they referring too? Mind posting it here?
Old 10-10-14, 05:51 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

That sucks, but I'm pretty sure that's the same vendor I bought mine from through Amazon, and I haven't had any problems.
Old 10-11-14, 07:53 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

There has to be a reason for all 4 shocks to be blown at once.

Post a pic of your car with gr2s for evaluation
There is a kyb manufacturing plant 5 miles from me, shipping shouldn't be too much, trying to be positive
Old 10-11-14, 08:06 AM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Default Re struts

Thanks for the replys. I appreciate others feedback n I'm not saying that all KYB are bad as I stated I had them on my Z32 with no problems. I was trying to explain the vendor Just Suspension is the problem IMO
The link I was speaking of is here
http://www.kyb.com/knowledge-center/shock-tech-for-pros/technical-tips/the-strut-started-leaking-fluid-from-the-upper-seal-shortly-after-installation/

I don't believe that all 4 of my struts could go bad either. I'm stating there must have been a defect in the set I got . The point is I'm out 300.00 plus installation
N they basically said oh well.
Old 10-11-14, 08:16 AM
flash92sc
Pole Position

Default Bbb

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
Better Business Bureau Complaint!
https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complai...nt/get-started

Then Yelp them badly!
Thanks for that info. I promptly did as advised. The point is all I wanted was good product and they basically blew me off
Old 10-11-14, 01:57 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm what did the shop say?
Old 10-14-14, 03:32 PM
lexex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry man. I bought from them too a month ago. Had good price and so far no problems so hopefully they hold up. But as usual the cheap price can come with cheap service and product. Bash them on the review so eventually they will have to treat others better or lose sales. Won't fix anything but unless kyb says they are defective I can't see them fixing it. Kyb is probably your best shot
Old 10-14-14, 03:48 PM
PseudoK
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats odd, "Just Suspension" doesnt have any shocks or struts on their website for our car (maybe not even any car)

they reference going to shocks.com for that..
Old 10-14-14, 05:52 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

I use Rockauto or Amazon when part shopping. Sewell is also great. If I can't find a good price I hit up ebay and look for sellers with lots of sales, and 98% or higher positive feedback and they often beat the price and offer free shipping. They live off their feedback percentage so they have no reason to mess around. Never heard of "Just Suspension" nor would I order from them. You say you paid $300....

You could have paid less from a more reputable store. $59 for fronts, $61 for rears @ Rock Auto... $10 shipping = $252....and they always have a 5% off coupon so probably $240 shipped.
Old 10-14-14, 06:01 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 226 Likes on 206 Posts

Okay, Biddles piqued my curiosity so I went back and looked for my order confirmation email, and sure enough, it was Just Suspension I ordered from through Amazon. However, the total for the struts was only $211 (plus some additional discounts), a nearly identical $53 each corner. I think that was before I had learned of Rock Auto. Where did the OP order from that they amounted to $300? Did that include the shock boots ($13 ea)? If so, you aren't out that part since they'll be reusable.